Video Ref to be sacked

ImageImageImage
joe's magpies

Video Ref to be sacked

Post by joe's magpies » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 10:29 am

It was reported in today's tele that the video ref for the tigers- bulldogs game( I think it was Hampsted) will be stood down.

I am not suprised. The shepherd decision and the farah ref's call decision were absolutely shockers.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 10:36 am

Fat lot of good that does us.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 10:38 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:Fat lot of good that does us.
Good point. At least another team won't suffer like us

The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

joe's magpies

Post by joe's magpies » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 10:39 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:Fat lot of good that does us.
I know. I am still peeved off about it. The game should of been over after 80 minutes with the tigers winning. There would of been no extra time meaning that Farah would of not fractured his hand.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 11:01 am

Yet he'll be back again in a week or two....they always are

Referees coach Harrigan yesterday conceded he 'had reservations about the decision' but would refrain from making further comment until tomorrow's de-brief.

"If a decision has impacted on the game from a video referee, all year we've stood them down," Harrigan said.

"We'll do exactly the same thing here. We'll review the decision on Monday and then we'll work out what we need to do."
then we'll work out what we need to do.
:lol:

ImageImageImage

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 11:03 am

Only thing they need to work out is whether to stand him down or sack him completely.

joe's magpies

Post by joe's magpies » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 11:04 am

innsaneink wrote:Yet he'll be back again in a week or two....they always are

Referees coach Harrigan yesterday conceded he 'had reservations about the decision' but would refrain from making further comment until tomorrow's de-brief.

"If a decision has impacted on the game from a video referee, all year we've stood them down," Harrigan said.

"We'll do exactly the same thing here. We'll review the decision on Monday and then we'll work out what we need to do."

[img]http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/lol-049.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/lol-045.gif[/img][img]http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/lol-045.gif[/img][img]http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/lol-045.gif[/img]
Your exactly right ink. The referees ranks are in turmoil.

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 11:55 am

The thing that annoys me most is that the decisions not only impacted the game, they've ruined our season. Had the right decisions been made, tigers would have won, beaten the table toppers and only need to win one game to guarantee a spot in the finals. Instead, we have to win both games without or captain and hooker, just because the one bloke with the red and green buttons is a monkey

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 12:05 pm

Stripes96 wrote:The thing that annoys me most is that the decisions not only impacted the game, they've ruined our season. Had the right decisions been made, tigers would have won, beaten the table toppers and only need to win one game to guarantee a spot in the finals. Instead, we have to win both games without or captain and hooker, just because the one bloke with the red and green buttons is a monkey

I only half agree with this. It's not the referees fault that we've essentially had that poor a season that we relied on winning the game to scrape into the finals. Their decision(s) ruined the game, we'd long ruined our season all on our own before Friday night.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

TigerFlame

Post by TigerFlame » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 12:09 pm

Are they allowed to strip the dogs of the two points and give them to us? we would of won 28-16 bloody referees always cheat us.

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 12:18 pm

Hopefully Maxwell is sacked as well. His held up rulings were a joke and his dud refs call cost us just as much.

Chris

Post by Chris » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 12:29 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Stripes96 wrote:The thing that annoys me most is that the decisions not only impacted the game, they've ruined our season. Had the right decisions been made, tigers would have won, beaten the table toppers and only need to win one game to guarantee a spot in the finals. Instead, we have to win both games without or captain and hooker, just because the one bloke with the red and green buttons is a monkey

I only half agree with this. It's not the referees fault that we've essentially had that poor a season that we relied on winning the game to scrape into the finals. Their decision(s) ruined the game, we'd long ruined our season all on our own before Friday night.
Totally agreed!

On a side note, Maxwell has been butchering our games for years. That man is the grim reaper for the tigers when he refs our games.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 1:28 pm

what do you expect harrigan to say? first of all and acceptance of being wrong, then maybe an apology? not that it helps us much, but that's something.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 1:49 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:

God, you really are a bogan. Does not matter where we are on the table, they cost us that game period. Wise up. I think that it is time to go back to one ref. If he gets it wrong then so be it. At the moment we have twice the number of refs and half the performance.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 1:54 pm

Geez col you can miss a point cant you?
Comprehension not your strong point.
Try reading what he's replying to.
you said wrote:they cost us that game period.
Yeh, thats what he said. :crazy Duh
he said wrote:Their decision(s) ruined the game

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 2:16 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

God, you really are a bogan. Does not matter where we are on the table, they cost us that game period. Wise up. I think that it is time to go back to one ref. If he gets it wrong then so be it. At the moment we have twice the number of refs and half the performance.
I may be a bogan, but my comprehension skills are far better than yours. Try reading the post in it's entirety next time before taking a pot shot, it might stop you from making an utter goose of yourself :lol:

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 2:59 pm

& in fact they have changed the way video refs work immediately after they stuffed us up.
Too late now.
muppets
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 24f3a.html

Harrigan said plans to have an NRL referee sit in the video referee's box from next year had been brought forward after the latest controversy, with Jared Maxwell ordered to help video adjudicator Russell Smith at Toyota Stadium last night.
Advertisement

'' 'Stuey' [fellow referees boss Stuart Raper] and I had a plan for next year and we're going to implement that now,'' Harrigan said yesterday. ''We're going to put our first-grade referees into the video box when we can - subject to when and where the game is - as assistance to the video referee.

''Especially coming into the semi-finals, we think that would be a positive thing to do. That will start as of [last night] with Jared [Maxwell] going to Shark Park and Ben Cummins going to Brookvale [today]. When it's possible to do it, we'll certainly do it.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... z23xtYrJsn
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 3:18 pm

I am angrier and angrier over this...Two clear try decisions went against us...We should've won that game by 12 points..and not played extra time...we would've been in the semis for sure and had Farah as Robbie broke his hand in extra time...a period we shouldn't had to play!..I'm sick and tired of these crucial decisions costing us big time....like the scrum against the feed against the roosters in 2010 and the knees in the back "no call" on Lote against the saints in the final...when are we going to get a break...you never see Melbourne or the Cowboys suffer these sorts of bad calls against them!...news limited!!