Video Ref to be sacked

ImageImageImage
tig_prmz

Re: Video Ref to be sacked

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 3:45 pm

ahaha so make a 2 referee system (sorta) in the video decision as well?
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 4:07 pm

tig_prmz wrote:ahaha so make a 2 referee system (sorta) in the video decision as well?
That's the one. Imagine how many ways they'll be able to get it wrong now!

(according to the full article there used to be an U20's ref in the box who was the backup on-field referee and 'helped' the video ref)
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 4:11 pm

But only at certain games....."when we can"

Nice little out theyve left themselves.

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 4:15 pm

:brick:

wait what? 2 refs in the video box?? it requires 2 people to make a damn decision when they can hit the rewind button, watch it again and maybe look up stuff in rule book?

Flippedy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Flippedy » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 4:59 pm

Too little, too late. These 'impossible to make' mistakes meant a whole lot more than WT just losing a game we should've won, they have virtually ended our season - thanks so much refs!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 5:16 pm

Did anyone see The Roast today? They replayed the drop goal by Inu, but more importantly the audio between the two referees after it happened, Cummins can be heard saying 'Maxi, no short kick off, no short kick off!', Maxwell responds with, 'it's over mate, that's it'

...meaning, HE THOUGHT THE GAME WAS CONTINUING AFTER THE DROP GOAL!!!!!

If this doesn't prove we have inept referees controlling our game, I don't know what does, all referees need to be sacked involved in that game. Sacked, not stood down. What a farce.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 7:38 pm

The first-grade referees who obviously get their qualification out of a cereal box will now be assisting the video ref? What good will that bring? :brick:

willow

Post by willow » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 7:52 pm

It's no consolation to the Tigers at this point. If they get the call right at the time then the Tigers win the game and there's no golden point, which also means Farah doesn't break his hand. If only someone could invent a time machine...

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 8:18 pm

[quote="Sabre"]Only thing they need to work out is whether to stand him down or sack him completely.

why stop at him, what about maxwell?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 8:57 pm

willow wrote:It's no consolation to the Tigers at this point. If they get the call right at the time then the Tigers win the game and there's no golden point, which also means Farah doesn't break his hand. If only someone could invent a time machine...
Currently working on it Willow only because I walked past Hampstead at a airport a few years ago and I might give him some unconstructive criticism and tell him if he goes near the video box in Round 24 of 2012 the people from the Forum will sort him out :twisted:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 9:05 pm

tig_prmz wrote:ahaha so make a 2 referee system (sorta) in the video decision as well?

Thats the problem Prmz though

Harrigan himself has asked for opinions whether referees for their opinions on certain situations on tries \no tries and the room is split

These blokes don't have a clue half the time , and speaking for myself you'd think that 95% of the times we would get calls right after 35 years And I have no idea either because what seems common sense obviously isn't and even NRL coaches (as I explained in another thread last night) don't know

What does that tell you ??

Why does the NRL not want us to understand shepherd\interference rule and not call it the way it is worded ??

Because it gives them a way to control results maybe ??

Same thing with having 2 referees

Properossi

Post by Properossi » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 9:53 pm

Ray Murrihy needs to investigate match fixing here!

TuiTui

Post by TuiTui » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 10:20 pm

Someone in this thread said two try decisions went against us, for mine it's three..the Bulldogs second try by Reynolds..Reynolds was offside when the kick went through. I just watched this game now and am not a happy chappy.
Quit work, be a Robot.

ambostu

Post by ambostu » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 12:26 am

alexaki wrote:I am angrier and angrier over this...Two clear try decisions went against us...We should've won that game by 12 points..and not played extra time...we would've been in the semis for sure and had Farah as Robbie broke his hand in extra time...a period we shouldn't had to play!..I'm sick and tired of these crucial decisions costing us big time....like the scrum against the feed against the roosters in 2010 and the knees in the back "no call" on Lote against the saints in the final...when are we going to get a break...you never see Melbourne or the Cowboys suffer these sorts of bad calls against them!...news limited!!
This. So so this. I am completely over the rubbish these refs serve up year in year out!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

tw33k

Post by tw33k » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 7:20 am

TuiTui wrote:Someone in this thread said two try decisions went against us, for mine it's three..the Bulldogs second try by Reynolds..Reynolds was offside when the kick went through. I just watched this game now and am not a happy chappy.
I just watched it again and you're 100% right. He was a good few yards offside