Marika Falling Over

Re: Marika Falling Over

Post by jirskyr » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 9:44 am

Goose wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
badger wrote:Happy have a look at the highlights. He fell over a long way after the attempted ankle tap. He just fell over with the line wide open and noone near him.

Badger he was stumbling almost straight after the ankle tap made contact and couldn't keep his footing

Not the first time I've seen that happen mate
The ankle tap misses, and he stumbles a step or two after and falls down a number of strides later, presumably because he overstrides to avoid teh ankle tap.... but as you say, that is football, happens all the time.
That's how I saw it too. Reynolds looms but trips; Koroibete can't see this and takes a goose step to avoid the imminent ankle tap, but it throws him off balance and the next 2-3 steps he is trying to compensate. He's actually already on his way to the turf when Reynolds hits the deck himself.

MK is a powerful but unbalanced runner, complete opposite of Benji. The other thing is that he hits the deck so hard and is trying so hard to protect the footy that he takes forever to scramble back to his feet, by which time Finucane is on him. Not all footballers can be agile like Bowen or Slater.

Post by rossop » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 11:03 am

It was a shame but the Farah no try and the Shepard were more important IMO..we was robbed!

Post by diedpretty » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 4:37 pm

dermo wrote:I think Farah's no-try was more crucial
Definitely - that is awarded as a benefit of the doubt try 99 times out of 100 - would have put us up 16-12 and with all the momentum going our way.

Post by Chris » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 5:26 pm

Tripped, Farah no try, shepard, if's, what's, maybe's, at the end of the day we lost and we should have had won that game but didn't. We should have had more wins in the bank but didnt to accommodate for refereeing blunders....end of story

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Post by TigerFlame » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 5:28 pm

If he didn't trip we would have won the game because Benji would not have missed that kick but oh well.....

Post by Marshall_magic » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 9:43 pm

He stumbled after he got away from Reynolds. He was never balanced from that point. He didn't just fall over his own feet.

Post by Winnipeg » Wed 22 Aug, 2012 12:58 pm

badger wrote:In the three fg games I have seen Marika play he has butchered three certain tries but he has also scored six. Once he settles into the team properly I reco he has the makings of an outstanding winger/support player for marshall.

I want to see him running onto the 'inside/outside' balls that Benji throws to Moltzen sometimes... devastating

Post by cunno » Wed 22 Aug, 2012 1:00 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:He stumbled after he got away from Reynolds. He was never balanced from that point. He didn't just fall over his own feet.
As soon as I saw him I thought 'oh no been there done that' sometimes the ground jumps up at you :lol: