What must we take from the Bulldogs game into this week

ImageImageImage
happy tiger

What must we take from the Bulldogs game into this week

Post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 12:19 pm

Gee I hope we learnt a lot of things after the Bulldogs game

The most important is playing direct in attack If we can play that style of attack and forget the side to side stuff we can really open the Roosters up I know it will be bloody hard without Farah , but we have to do it

The other positive is our red zone defence it has been far better recently and we have to keep it up

The negatives we need to really improve is our kicking game and our kick chase We are hopefully going to get a win with no Minichiello for the Roosters but if it is like it was v the Dogs we will get flogged

Whoever replaces Farah must play a similiar style of game to him That is my biggest worry Who is the best man for that job

Politoni,Iosefa or Fulton ??

From what I have seen Politoni plays the most similiar game to Farah

Or should we be more concerned with our ruck defence and pick Fulton

tiger rocket

Post by tiger rocket » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 3:47 pm

We should practice running behind our own players

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

brk53y

Post by brk53y » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 4:04 pm

You nailed it happy about our kick chase. It was pathetic against the dogs. They have the most dangerous ball runner against a staggered line in the game and it was poor. Definitely needs to be addressed this week

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 5:34 pm

I can tell you one thing the rest of the league learnt something last Friday night. The sleeping tiger will roar again.

Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 5:47 pm

and if we end up in Golden Point again, and the Roosters are going for a FG, try and have a charge down, not slide at their feet.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 6:14 pm

if braith anasta is kicking for a FG in golden point you can do whatever you want - he'll still get it. He is a sharp shooter.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 7:20 pm

Put the opposition on their bums; build momentum and the middle of the park opens up!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

willow

Post by willow » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 8:21 pm

They need to take the same level of confidence and self-belief from the Bulldogs game into this week's game against the Chooks. The Roosters smashed the Tigers through the middle at Leichhardt and that should be fresh in the team's mind. Attitude is everything this week - as it should be every week.

claws

Post by claws » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 9:04 pm

Robbie Farah?

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 12:27 am

We're the only team in the competition who can have 6 players in a tackle and still allow offloads.
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 12:42 am

The roosters big men killed our forwards, as did the Souths big men. The forwards were better against the Dogs so I would say their involvement will be critical. Stop the second phase play through offloads and make the tackle. Most sides handle the chooks with a fair bit of ease. Theres no reason why we cant when our pack have a go.

In Robbies adsence, Benji must fire.

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 12:44 am

stryker wrote:The roosters big men killed our forwards, as did the Souths big men. The forwards were better against the Dogs so I would say their involvement will be critical. Stop the second phase play through offloads and make the tackle. Most sides handle the chooks with a fair bit of ease. Theres no reason why we cant when our pack have a go.

In Robbies adsence, Benji must fire....no midfield bombs from the 40 meter line, no hospital passes to our wingers. If it isnt on I want to see Benji die with the ball. I want him to hog it this game and put on a lesson.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 10:49 am

Benji must run the ball. He is our go-to guy this week in Farah's absence. He can't play easy football, he has to strike, good kicking game, cut out passes, flicks. We have to recreate that dragons game.

The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 21 Aug, 2012 11:01 am

Sataris wrote:We're the only team in the competition who can have 6 players in a tackle and still allow offloads.
:lol: Sad but true!
What the players should take into this game - and every game from here on , is the knowledge they can take it to the top teams.
They should realise (and Sheens should reinforce it) that without the referees blunders we beat the (current) best team.
We can beat ANY team if we display dedication and patience.
The Roosters should be a walk in the park if the boys play to their ability.
Dare I say it.... fire up Tigers!

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Wed 22 Aug, 2012 6:18 pm

They should take heart that Pritchard finally had a 'barry' of a game against us, so it's just possible that guys like SKD, Minichiello and Warea-Hargreaves, who usually carve us up, will have 'barry' games against us also :P
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen