The writing was on the wall

ImageImageImage
spudoakes

The writing was on the wall

Post by spudoakes » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 5:54 pm

Yeah we made the top 4 for the past two seasons but really we have played awful until the semis the. We fire up it has finally caught up
1. People blame benji but really there's been not much else in the side to create something
2. Who ever let gibbs go needs Their head examined he's like a mature wine getting beet with age
3. Molten and blair enough said
4. The failure to bring juniors through and even though elder statesman were putting in sub par performances
5. Why have we not bought a 1/2 or 5/8

spudoakes

Post by spudoakes » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 5:56 pm

Soz can this be moved to general discussion

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 6:10 pm

spudoakes wrote:Yeah we made the top 4 for the past two seasons but really we have played awful until the semis the. We fire up it has finally caught up
1. People blame benji but really there's been not much else in the side to create something
2. Who ever let gibbs go needs Their head examined he's like a mature wine getting beet with age
4. The failure to bring juniors through and even though elder statesman were putting in sub par performances
All true except 4.
I don't really believe that any of the NYC/nsw cup players are worthy of stepping up yet. WT NYC is way too inconsistent and in all honesty I think most of them would be out of their league in 1st grade. From what I hear Nofo could be good but Koro gets caught out enough in defense so 2 rookie wingers isn't the best of ideas.
Plenty of young guns in our team they just need better direction. Ayshford, Rowdy, BMM, Woods, Tedesco, Sironen, Koro and even Moltzen are all young and have potential to be weapons. They are the future if we play our cards right but I can't see that happening under current management.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 6:13 pm

Yea a lot can be said about Sheens but one positive is that he does care about the juniors and does blood them well.
Agreed with above post - they are simply not ready for first grade just yet.

The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

spudoakes

Post by spudoakes » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 7:15 pm

you may be right about the juniors but sometimes you need to give them a taste of first grade and see if they lift, i for one would have liked to seen some young junior forwards e.g. soni & santi given a taste off the bench for a minutes, even if its just to let them see the speed of first grade. King kong koro may get caught out but so did reddy and utai you can't tell me nofo couldn't have done any worse then reddy in his stint this year

parent

Post by parent » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 7:21 pm

spudoakes wrote:Yeah we made the top 4 for the past two seasons but really we have played awful until the semis the. We fire up it has finally caught up
6. A fullback that will catch the ball or at least contest it

spudoakes

Post by spudoakes » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 8:02 pm

parent wrote:
6. A fullback that will catch the ball or at least contest it
And run the ball back with some vigor

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 8:05 pm

spudoakes wrote:you may be right about the juniors but sometimes you need to give them a taste of first grade and see if they lift, i for one would have liked to seen some young junior forwards e.g. soni & santi given a taste off the bench for a minutes, even if its just to let them see the speed of first grade. King kong koro may get caught out but so did reddy and utai you can't tell me nofo couldn't have done any worse then reddy in his stint this year
Reddy doesn't deserve to be in the first grade side and has hardly played this season.
I wouldn't replace the whole team With u20s that quickly especially when they get destroyed some games, theres no rush to play any of them. Other than Blair our back rowers are pretty decent (Heighno has been out as has Ellis for large parts). Fulton and Bell are very effective and have a high work rate and are pushed to make the starting 3.

spudoakes

Post by spudoakes » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 8:15 pm

I'm in no rush to replace the side with U20 s either and I admit bell has been good and under utilized as has BMM but some more impact and youthful exurbarance would have been nice

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 8:20 pm

All I know is that the person responsible for recruiting Blair at the expense of letting Gibbs & Fifita go should be placed in old fashioned stocks at the Campbelltown Mall and Tigers fans be encourage to throw a wet sponge at him.
Unfortunately in this PC world we can't allow rotten fruit to be thrown and the insults must be kept to being gentle.

WHACKOTIGER

Post by WHACKOTIGER » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 9:26 pm

Re point 3,Adam Blair 3 Years to go. Any chance of an early release ?