Storm game important for many reasons

ImageImageImage
willow

Post by willow » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 7:20 pm

Wednesday 29 August 2012 4:07 PM

Wests Tigers five-eighth Chris Lawrence says Saturday night’s match against the Melbourne Storm is important for many reasons.

With the team sitting in ninth position, Wests Tigers need to beat the Storm at Leichhardt Oval and hope either Canberra (7th) or Brisbane (eighth) lose. Wests Tigers also are 14 points behind Canberra on for and against points.

Shifted from centre to partner Benji Marshall in the halves, Lawrence said the match was a great opportunity to restore credibility after last weekend’s 44-20 loss to the Sydney Roosters. The match also marks the last home game at Leichhardt Oval for international second-rower Gareth Ellis.

“It is important we come out on Saturday night and show what we are capable of and get a bit of pride back,’’ Lawrence added.

westy81

Post by westy81 » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 7:33 pm

Stop talking it up and get on the field and do the job, do your talking on the field.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 8:52 pm

Seriously, someone muzzle the entire club. If I'm not seeing a handful of articles everyday I may think the team is practicing...say...tackling?

Gazman

Post by Gazman » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 9:33 pm

Where is the sports bet odds to frame a market who makes the next blah blah comment.
So far this week its been Benji, Beau, Gareth, Chris L, have I missed anyone?

Mighty Tigers

Post by Mighty Tigers » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 10:27 pm

willow wrote:Storm game important for many reasons

Wests Tigers five-eighth Chris Lawrence says Saturday night’s match against the Melbourne Storm is important for many reasons.

With the team sitting in ninth position, Wests Tigers need to beat the Storm at Leichhardt Oval and hope either Canberra (7th) or Brisbane (eighth) lose. Wests Tigers also are 14 points behind Canberra on for and against points.

Shifted from centre to partner Benji Marshall in the halves, Lawrence said the match was a great opportunity to restore credibility after last weekend’s 44-20 loss to the Sydney Roosters. The match also marks the last home game at Leichhardt Oval for international second-rower Gareth Ellis.

“It is important we come out on Saturday night and show what we are capable of and get a bit of pride backLawrence added.

Mmm wonder how important the 30 points they let in in 8 minutes of footy against Parra are going to come into effect with the 14 points differential with Canberra???

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 10:47 pm

Can't really just blame the game against Parra. Before last weekend we were way in front of Canberra on for and against - their big win and our big loss killed it.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 10:53 pm

Is every game not just as important?

The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

ambostu

Post by ambostu » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 10:47 pm

Ho hum...... Heard it all before boys, talk about pride, what games important etc, etc. Here's an idea, turn up, have some purpose, show some mongrel and rip in! If not for yourselves do it for Gareth!

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 10:45 am

to be honest, wests-tigers should not be in this position, they control their own destiny

the problem is that the team has not been able to control and shut down games.
seem to put the cue in the rack and think it will be right.
hopefully next year, they can get the killer instinct and keep pressure on when in front.

we all love wests-tigers, and that in itself leads to our frustration. : :)
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 9:30 pm

Well with broncos winning we can't overtake them so I'd raiders win then Melbourne game means nothing

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 9:37 pm

boonboon wrote:Well with broncos winning we can't overtake them so I'd raiders win then Melbourne game means nothing
We play before the raiders, so we won't know if we make it or not until Sunday if we win

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 10:48 pm

The only chance we had of making it was if Brisbane lost tonight. Even if we did beat Melbourne it wouldn't be by enough to make up the points differential. Season is officially over now, we're gooooone!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 10:52 pm

Mighty Tigers wrote:
willow wrote:Storm game important for many reasons

“It is important we come out on Saturday night and show what we are capable of and get a bit of pride backLawrence added.

Mmm wonder how important the 30 points they let in in 8 minutes of footy against Parra are going to come into effect with the 14 points differential with Canberra???
The first 6 words say enough

Why in God's name is Rowdy playing at 6

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 11:59 pm

Flippedy wrote:The only chance we had of making it was if Brisbane lost tonight. Even if we did beat Melbourne it wouldn't be by enough to make up the points differential. Season is officially over now, we're gooooone!

If we win by 10....and they lose by 4....we are both even f/a

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 01 Sep, 2012 12:05 am

innsaneink wrote:
Flippedy wrote:The only chance we had of making it was if Brisbane lost tonight. Even if we did beat Melbourne it wouldn't be by enough to make up the points differential. Season is officially over now, we're gooooone!

Oh, I didn't realise it was actually that close, couldn't be bothered working it out, tbh. Hadley said tonight that we'd have to win by 50 + or something so don't know what he was on about. In all honesty though, I don't think we'll even get close enough to beating Melbourne to worry about it, unfortunately.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 01 Sep, 2012 12:12 am

Flippedy wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

Oh, I didn't realise it was actually that close, couldn't be bothered working it out, tbh. Hadley said tonight that we'd have to win by 50 + or something so don't know what he was on about. In all honesty though, I don't think we'll even get close enough to beating Melbourne to worry about it, unfortunately.
Thus: The moral of the story is - dont listen to Hadley too closely

senexx

Post by senexx » Sat 01 Sep, 2012 11:27 am

Lot of double standards in the refereeing this year too no matter whom you support. It is possibly the worst refereeing season ever.

Everything else aside it has become clear with need 3 full backs, 3 half backs and potentially 3 5/8ths

first string, second string, etc. to be able to fill the gaps when our backs get injured.

On another thread someone mentioned Miller and I think he is a shining light but I hope his defence positional play has improved as his enthusiasm in defence often opened the line up for the attacking team to possibly score his few games in first grade
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris