Ellis: Time to restore some pride

ImageImageImage
willow

Post by willow » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 7:21 pm

By Nathan Ross

Wednesday 29 August 2012 3:49 PM

Gareth Ellis is confident Wests Tigers will bounce back strongly this Saturday night at Leichhardt Oval against the Melbourne Storm.

Admitting his team were really disappointed with last week’s 44-20 loss to the Roosters, Ellis assured Wests Tigers supporters they would come out fighting this week.

Wests Tigers need to beat the Storm and hope Canberra or Brisbane lose to qualify for the finals.

“After last week’s game, everyone’s keen on restoring a bit of pride back in themselves and the Club and hopefully one way or another we can end the season with a win,” Ellis said.

The Englishman first played for the Club in 2009 and since then he’s become one of the NRL’s most revered forwards.

He said whatever happens this season, he’ll leave Australia happy with his achievements.

“I came out here for the challenge. If someone had told me I’d have ended this way with the success that I’ve had, I’d have been a happy bloke,” he added.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 7:36 pm

willow wrote:Ellis: Time to restore some pride
By Nathan Ross

Wednesday 29 August 2012 3:49 PM

Gareth Ellis is confident Wests Tigers will bounce back strongly this Saturday night at Leichhardt Oval against the Melbourne Storm.

Admitting his team were really disappointed with last week’s 44-20 loss to the Roosters, Ellis assured Wests Tigers supporters they would come out fighting this week.

Wests Tigers need to beat the Storm and hope Canberra or Brisbane lose to qualify for the finals.

“After last week’s game, everyone’s keen on restoring a bit of pride back in themselves and the Club and hopefully one way or another we can end the season with a win,” Ellis said.

The Englishman first played for the Club in 2009 and since then he’s become one of the NRL’s most revered forwards.

He said whatever happens this season, he’ll leave Australia happy with his achievements.

“I came out here for the challenge. If someone had told me I’d have ended this way with the success that I’ve had, I’d have been a happy bloke,” he added.
One of our best and its a shame the rest of his team mates have failed him this year...esp his 2nd row partner!...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 7:36 pm

Yawn ...heard it all before sorry.
Need pride week in week out....not when the urge hits.
Theyve dogged it one too many times for my liking
SOFT!

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 7:43 pm

I also am sick and tired of these articles making grand predictions appearing week after week, and generally speaking the foreshadowed results are not realized. Quite a shame that Gaz has joined in this caper because regardless of how the team has performed, since he has been here he has never given less than whatever he had to give. Recently that has not been a hell of a lot as he simply hasn't been on the field enough this year, and is below his best, but that of course is not his fault.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 7:46 pm

And another one. Muhammad Ali didn't do this much talking

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 7:51 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:And another one. Muhammad Ali didn't do this much talking

Yes he did GNR but Ali backed it up. Each and every time.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 11:01 pm

Go easy on Gareth. You could never say he dogged it. It's his last game, i hope the faithful give him a great farewell.

Post by 851 » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 11:42 pm

Eddie wrote:Go easy on Gareth. You could never say he dogged it. It's his last game, i hope the faithful give him a great farewell.
Thats right,you get a high standard of him constantly,unlike 90% of the team.
Go hard or go home

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 12:08 am

Sorry to little to late , We have to rely on other results this time round . So it's irrelevant if we beat them cause if Canberra and Brisbane win we are gone , but they couldn't fire up vs the Roosters please (season's over) Talk is cheap. :crazy
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 9:01 am

If there is a handfull of guys who can talk about pride Gareth is one of them.

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 9:44 am

I believe Ellis has been the most consistent forward this club has had. With more time on the field this year, I wonder how our season might have been different.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 10:16 am

Gareths last words. What else do you expect from such a legend. He leaves with these parting words. I hope they are not forgotten next season & our future. Thank you for the memories Gareth Ellis. You deserve to go out a winner.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 11:33 am

AmericanHistoryX wrote:Gareths last words. What else do you expect from such a legend. He leaves with these parting words. I hope they are not forgotten next season & our future. Thank you for the memories Gareth Ellis. You deserve to go out a winner.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Great champion , pity if he goes out a winner on Saturday it might not still be enough to play finals footy.
But like to thank the bloke for his effort over the years . Champion bloke as well. :master: :master: :master:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 11 Sep, 2012 7:10 pm

Well....that went well didnt it?

Where was the pride?

The same place the first grade squad was when BRET were playing their semi???

Theres no pride in this joint...all piss and wind

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Tue 11 Sep, 2012 7:55 pm

You mean they never showed up for the game... Only Sheens?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 11 Sep, 2012 7:58 pm

Not sure on Sheens, apparently no players were there...Beau Ryans bucks harbour cruise....lucky they missed the semis.

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Tue 11 Sep, 2012 8:33 pm

That's average to say the least about the players ...read somewhere on the forum that Sheens was at the game ...am going to go on Saturday to LO to support them so be interesting to see if any NRL or NYC players turn up.. For such a reportedly tight knit club you would expect they would?