Beau Ryan: 'we have got the cavalry'

ImageImageImage
Sataris

Re: Beau Ryan: 'we have got the cavalry'

Post by Sataris » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 12:06 am

Moltz92 wrote:I know it's the same old every week, but when the media stick their nose into everything, you have to give them something to keep them away.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Wayne Cousins works for the tigers.
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 1:00 am

Well if we have the cavalry we better set up some snipers right now to take out Melbourne's big three plus Manu , Widdop and Hoffman

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 10:40 am

willow wrote:“We have got the cavalry to do the job. I’m confident we can do it on Saturday night in front of a sold out Leichhardt.”
Tell us Beau, what colour is the sky on planet Concord?

Goose

Post by Goose » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 10:51 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Another ''Gonna'' article. Seriously these guys are nothing but prima dona's
what do you want them to say???

you blokes carry on, part of all players jobs is to deal with media and have to talk to them. It is in everyone's best interests.

Do you want them to come out and say, they will pump us, i dont think we are good enough, I hate our coach.

a bloke is not a prima dona cause he says I think we can win on the weekend, and if we do that i think we can do well in the semies.

The modern game, there is SFA between the teams over a course of a year, and we all expected better, the fact that they are likely to miss the semies does not make everyone from the CEO to the waterboy pathetic, cowards, prima dona, heartless and all the other ridiculous adjectives you people are throwing out there.

Sure this year the results were disappointing, but i bet no one else labels them self pathetic if over any given period they finish dead average amongst their peers, get some perspective.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 10:55 am

I wish they'd stop coming out with these. Actions speak louder than words.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 10:57 am

Goose wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Another ''Gonna'' article. Seriously these guys are nothing but prima dona's
what do you want them to say???

you blokes carry on, part of all players jobs is to deal with media and have to talk to them. It is in everyone's best interests.

Do you want them to come out and say, they will pump us, i dont think we are good enough, I hate our coach.

a bloke is not a prima dona cause he says I think we can win on the weekend, and if we do that i think we can do well in the semies.

The modern game, there is SFA between the teams over a course of a year, and we all expected better, the fact that they are likely to miss the semies does not make everyone from the CEO to the waterboy pathetic, cowards, prima dona, heartless and all the other ridiculous adjectives you people are throwing out there.

Sure this year the results were disappointing, but i bet no one else labels them self pathetic if over any given period they finish dead average amongst their peers, get some perspective.
Nothing, just want them to keep their mouths shut and do their job. All they've gotta say is they want to do their talking on the field. There isn't a club who does more talking in the NRL then us, its embarrassing, Just look at Marshall's comments about the finals. I'm sick of it and i know im not the only one

Snodgrass

Post by Snodgrass » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 10:59 am

All this talk of "cavalry" takes me back to The Battle of Little Big Horn ... I remember it well for I was all set to ride with the boys on that fateful day only for a hamstring tear during the pre battle warm up ... watching from the sideline was total Hell that afternoon as the powerful Red skin XIII carved us up down the middle, on the edges and generally all over the park. Coach Custers game plan was all wrong and it took the club many years to recover ... Not saying that'll happen hear or nothing but ....
. Please Note ... The somewhat garbled opinion reproduced above is not the work of former Western Suburbs, Newtown and Parramatta second rower Warren Snodgrass.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 11:06 am

“Hopefully Benji brings his A game "

"Hopefully??" Seriously, Beau :wtf

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 10:28 am

willow wrote:Beau Ryan: 'we have got the cavalry'
By Wayne Cousins

Wednesday 29 August 2012 3:36 PM

Wests Tigers winger Beau Ryan says the players are keen to make amends for last weekend’s disappointing performance when they take on premiership heavyweights Melbourne Storm at Leichhardt Oval this Saturday night.

Ryan said the players let the club, supporters and their families down against the Roosters but were very pumped for the must win match.

“We have been up and down all year. I’m confident we can play strongly against the Storm,’’ Ryan said.

“Hopefully Benji brings his A game and we can send Gareth Ellis out a winner in his last game at Leichhardt.

“We beat them earlier in the year although (Billy) Slater, (Cooper) Cronk and (Cameron) Smith were missing.”

Ryan admitted the controversial loss to the Bulldogs a fortnight ago took its toll on the team ‘physically and emotionally’.

“It was a big game and a big build up. It shook the system a bit. Being in professional sport, you have got to bounce back and we didn’t last week,’’ he added.

“The Roosters came ready to play and they played for (Anthony) Minichiello. They touched us up.

“We have got the cavalry to do the job. I’m confident we can do it on Saturday night in front of a sold out Leichhardt.”

Yep that is what Custer said at The Little Big Horn - didn't do him much good !

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 10:39 am

Yeah mate we've got the boys to beat this te... hahaha sorry no.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 10:53 am

they had the cavalry to beat the roosters.
we all know what happended there.

maybe one last good performace to see the season out, and a fitting departure win for Gareth.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 5:48 pm

sure have F troop

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 6:04 pm

tiger jim wrote:sure have F troop
:roll

Yes, spot on! Has looked a lot like F troop this season.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 6:15 pm

I thought the expression was "we have the cattle."
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 6:28 pm

That's it, CB! I thought there was something wrong with that phrase for days now, but couldn't work out what it was - thank you.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 31 Aug, 2012 8:46 pm

Flippedy wrote:That's it, CB! I thought there was something wrong with that phrase for days now, but couldn't work out what it was - thank you.
If you're going to use clichés, get them right at least!
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Sat 01 Sep, 2012 2:37 pm

No cavalry riding over the hill to save us in 2012

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

red dogg

Post by red dogg » Sat 01 Sep, 2012 2:49 pm

great fans we have :crazy