Storm desperate to face Tigers: Bellamy

ImageImageImage
willow

Post by willow » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 7:33 pm

August 29, 2012 - 4:57PM
Melissa Woods

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy says none of his players want to be rested and they are desperate to find some form against the Wests Tigers on Saturday ahead of the NRL finals.

With a top two spot locked up, Bellamy indicated previously he was considering spelling some players from the final round match at Leichhardt Oval following Monday night's gruelling 20-18 win over Cronulla, when the Storm were forced to make 73 more tackles than their opponents.

But he appeared to have had second thoughts on Wednesday.

"We've had a look at a few guys benefiting from a rest this week but at this stage we're going to go in with the team that we've named," Bellamy said.

"All the guys are keen play to try to build some momentum because we're not really where we'd like to be at this stage of year.

"Hopefully we can find a little bit of form and momentum on Saturday night."

Currently second, the Storm can still leap-frog Canterbury and claim the minor premiership if the Bulldogs, who also play Saturday night, have an upset loss to the Sydney Roosters.

It would be a bold move by Bellamy to rest leading players on Saturday considering what happened last year when, with the minor premiership locked up, he rested stars in the final round.

They got belted 40-8 by the Roosters in that match and his team then bowed out of the finals early, losing their first two games.

Melbourne completed a video review of Monday's game against the Sharks game but Bellamy said he didn't need to say much about their poor ball handling - 17 errors and only a 61 per cent completion rate.

"Without a doubt our completion rates weren't good enough and that made it really hard, with the amount of tackling we needed to do.

"It came down more to individual errors, whether that was a lack of concentration, individuals need to be accountable."

One player Bellamy was delighted with was winger Sisa Waqa, who scored the opening try against the Sharks and then showed great composure to throw the final pass for Will Chambers to score the match-winning try.

"He's been tremendous for us the last couple of weeks," Bellamy said.

"Last year he played some really good footy but lost some form about a month before the end of the season.

"Hopefully this year he can hang on to it because he is a really talented player.

"He's got really good skills for a winger; he can run and pass and as we saw on Monday night he can make good decisions too."

bob56

Post by bob56 » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 10:09 pm

OMG they are going to kill us

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 10:13 pm

The way we played last week, the Eels would be desperate to play us.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 10:14 pm

"Hopefully we can find a little bit of form and momentum on Saturday night."

LOL it's a given, Craig!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Mighty Tigers

Post by Mighty Tigers » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 10:20 pm

Lucky I didn't get tickets.This is going to get ugly.I suppose it was cheaper going to the game Sunday I have no doubt I would of been buying a new T.V on Monday if I had not. The T.V will survive this week I am expecting it!!!

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Wed 29 Aug, 2012 11:46 pm

I think I'll shut my eyes and brace myself for this one...

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

black and white tiger

Post by black and white tiger » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 6:02 am

Yeh, it'll be a good day to stay indoors this Saturday I'd imagine.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 7:21 am

I'm only going because my membership allows me to, and the missus said it was OK to hit the cans at the OG beforehand. I reasoned with her that it will be necessary to get on the squirt given the likely drubbing we'll cop and I think she was sympathetic.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Glen McWilliams

Post by Glen McWilliams » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 7:22 am

What I am least looking forward to, apart from us getting spank after another insipid display; is the inevitable bro-love that will be on the park after full time with the hugging, laughing, and high-fiving. This will be followed by players in post match media pretending they actually give a toss. Makes me sick. Shake hands and get off the park. There is plenty of time to catch up woith old mates after you've warmed down and had your team talk.
Boston Red Sox 2013: Worst to First!
Boston Red Sox 2014: First to Worst...

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 8:21 am

Glen McWilliams wrote:What I am least looking forward to, apart from us getting spank after another insipid display; is the inevitable bro-love that will be on the park after full time with the hugging, laughing, and high-fiving. This will be followed by players in post match media pretending they actually give a toss. Makes me sick. Shake hands and get off the park. There is plenty of time to catch up woith old mates after you've warmed down and had your team talk.
I'm with ya on that. Especially when you're kicking cans down Mary St after a loss and it's all smiles and love on the field.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Snodgrass

Post by Snodgrass » Thu 30 Aug, 2012 8:50 am

Big Craig brings his pumped up purple troupe to town and the Tigers supporters reach despondently for the lube.

Sorry ... This is probably a tad crude for a Thursday morning ... I'll cop an early plea ... And will be right to comment again by lunchtime.
. Please Note ... The somewhat garbled opinion reproduced above is not the work of former Western Suburbs, Newtown and Parramatta second rower Warren Snodgrass.