ImageImageImage
alexaki

Re: Who needs to go

Post by alexaki » Sat 01 Sep, 2012 11:07 pm

It's easier to list who should stay.... Blair was pathetic again

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 12:02 am

Ummm for the first time this year Blair was actually ok don't know what you were watching.

Posted using RoarFEED

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 12:09 am

kh_canada wrote:What has Rhino done wrong?! He's put in all year, he may not be the best player out there but he's a club favorite and probably carries a lot of these junior players.

hes one of the most ineffective running forwards in the comp.
happy for him to be a development officer, but if 'carrying' junior players means we come 9th every year, i am willing to take the risk in losing him.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 12:58 am

tigertales wrote:Ummm for the first time this year Blair was actually ok don't know what you were watching.

Posted using RoarFEED
Yeah I thought Blair probably had his best game all year but some people have made up their minds before the game starts. He certainly wasn't the reason we lost - the bloke wearing the number 7 was. Remember that Inglis did bugger all the first year he came to Souths, I remember because he stank up by dream team. I'm hopeful that Blair will be more like he was tonight next year.

Ayshford must be living on borrowed time. His attack and defence have been ordinary all year. He has potential but right now he's looking more like another Dean Collis.

Moltzen can be a decent player off the bench but unless he improves he is not an NRL fullback based on current form. He would be the only FB in the comp who consistently fails to beat an opposition chaser one on one and concedes a drop out. Let's hope Tedesco stays fit.

Rhino was okay tonight but I get the feeling it's diminishing returns with him. He's getting by on determination and heart. Maybe off the bench he can be more dynamic but I don't see him in the top 3 backrow choices.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 7:05 am

Sheens
Georgalis
Leeds
Club Doctor

Utai
Tuqiri
Ayshford
Heighington
Galloway
Moors
Cashmere
Polotini
Miller
Humble
Iosefa

Serious reviews need to be conducted on all the above
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 7:28 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Sheens
Georgalis
Leeds
Club Doctor

Utai
Tuqiri
Ayshford
Heighington
Galloway
Moors
Cashmere
Polotini
Miller
Humble
Iosefa

Serious reviews need to be conducted on all the above

Swap Utai for Blair. I'd actually keep Utai.
Seen about half a game of miller, can't comment.
Haven't seen politini at all so can't comment.

I agree with all the others
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

Ken Y

Post by Ken Y » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 7:29 am

Lets just start with the coach first. Players have a habbit of turning things around under a new influence.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 7:29 am

Sheens, I want to see how the players respond to a new coach first. On top of that, we need a halfback.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 7:33 am

who in their right mind would get rid of utai, he has come so far, easily our best ball runner and creates opportunities through sheer strength

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 7:46 am

Moltzen
Tuquiri
Utai
Ayshford
Ryan
Iosefa
Blair
Heighington
Cashmere

All dead weight.

On notice: Marshall, Lawrence

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 8:16 am

RM im not sure what games you've been watching, but Utai is not a dead weight. He's an excellent ball runner and makes the most tackle busts and meters to how many runs he makes a game.

The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 8:36 am

Look, I like Utai, and he's been easily one of the best week in, week out. But he is merely stepping up because of other inept players and knowing he hasn't got many years left in him. We need to think about the future, a winger that has speed, aerial ability and defence. Utai doesn't really have those strengths and it's only his metres gained that is earning his spot.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 8:39 am

paulgeorge wrote:Marshall
I second that, free up money to get a decent (hard working) half back - too much of a touch footballer for mine and this is going on last few years as well

dermo

Post by dermo » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 12:19 am

Tiger_heart wrote:
I second that, free up money to get a decent (hard working) half back - too much of a touch footballer for mine and this is going on last few years as well
No, we get a decent hard working half-back to partner Benji in the halves. If you replace Benji with one then we end up with no attacking creativity at all.

tiger pom

Post by tiger pom » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 1:14 am

I am as disappointed as any tigers fan and as much as we have underachieved we are talking virtually the same players as who twelve months ago were not much short of making the grand final.a lot of threads are asking for most of the squad to go.i think the team has just lost direction and all confidence and that comes back to the coach who can no longer instil the belief that is necessary to win enough games to get in the top eight let alone any further.i have not been a sheens knocker in the past but i am now firmly in the majority and believe we can only expect a similar season next year if he remains.

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 4:34 am

dermo wrote:
Tiger_heart wrote:
No, we get a decent hard working half-back to partner Benji in the halves. If you replace Benji with one then we end up with no attacking creativity at all.
Farah is the guy that is doing all the attacking creativity, Benji doesn't do 3/8's of anything creative when Farah is not on he field. Running around like a headless chook and throwing flick passes may look good on a highlight reel but it isn't creating any form of attack.

Just look at how good he was in the last two games with our season on the line.

I'd settle for a solid half back anyday of he week, and a coach that will reign Marshall in and stop those miracle one in a million plays he keeps persisting with.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 10:29 am

Having someone like Anasta out there would have made a big difference on Sat night for Marshall. He is just seems incapable of being the sole go to guy out there. He needs direction and some structure to operate in. He's so busy trying to organise backline movements that he forgets that he needs to run at the line sometimes. He also seems to forget that his centres aren't 10m behind the play.

Post by 851 » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 11:42 am

Tigerdave wrote:Sheens, I want to see how the players respond to a new coach first. On top of that, we need a halfback.
That alone will see us top 4 next year,as long as the new coach plays the players in their right positions and picks on form not reputation,which every coach other than Sheens does.
Go hard or go home