Keithy

ImageImageImage
Tiger_heart

Keithy

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 8:41 am

for the life of me, I can't understand why this bloke is made to play in 20m bursts, surely a prop has more stamina than that?

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 8:47 am

He has been one of the most disappointing players this year IMO. I'm not sure where his career is at. He, like so many others, needs a new approach from a new coaching regime.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 8:50 am

He reminds of Steve Edmend, another "promising" prop at the time..but at least he played the full game!!

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 9:22 am

Next Year I would start him on the bench - towards the end of the year he offered nothing - i would start BMM and Woods - players who can bend the line.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 9:25 am

Injury prone, doesn't bend the line, older props than him (eg Asotasi. Fui Fui) put more fear in the opposition than he has ever done, IMHO. Time for a end of year sale at the club, I think.

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 9:31 am

should have been gone at the end of last year , hes been good but cant match it with others anymore , so we clean out the ranks , start with big red , lotti , and we all can add more

alex

Post by alex » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 9:34 am

I don't know if we're watching the same Keith? I thought he's had one of his best seasons to date..? He was definitely pushing for an Origin spot along with Woodsie.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 9:43 am

sorry , but you must have been watching re, runs from 2 years ago , he would not rate in the top 15 props in the comp

Wagga Tiger

Post by Wagga Tiger » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 9:56 am

Thats crap, when we were on our 7 game winning streak Keithy and Woodsy were massive for us making huge meters and playing long minutes.The last 6 or 7 weeks both of them have been down on form as they are probably exhausted from all the work they did mid year.Dont blame our two props for poor form at the end when you should be looking at the club who has not recruited sufficient depth, also Bell doesn't get enough game time.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 10:09 am

Wagga Tiger wrote:Thats crap, when we were on our 7 game winning streak Keithy and Woodsy were massive for us making huge meters and playing long minutes.The last 6 or 7 weeks both of them have been down on form as they are probably exhausted from all the work they did mid year.

Please let's not match a quality prop with Keith...what Woods is doing now Keith will never do for the restr of his career. Period.

Dont blame our two props for poor form at the end when you should be looking at the club who has not recruited sufficient depth, also Bell doesn't get enough game time.
Not blaming them at all - don't know how you got that from my post. As for not recruting, Bell not getting enough time, etc. see numerous threads about Sheens and co. in relation to this.

Wacko Jacko

Post by Wacko Jacko » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 10:11 am

Nice Hannibal Lector impression :roll

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 10:13 am

There is to many players in a comfort zone at our club and Keithy is one of them...
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Wagga Tiger

Post by Wagga Tiger » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 10:32 am

Tiger_heart wrote:
Wagga Tiger wrote:Thats crap, when we were on our 7 game winning streak Keithy and Woodsy were massive for us making huge meters and playing long minutes.The last 6 or 7 weeks both of them have been down on form as they are probably exhausted from all the work they did mid year.

Please let's not match a quality prop with Keith...what Woods is doing now Keith will never do for the restr of his career. Period.

Dont blame our two props for poor form at the end when you should be looking at the club who has not recruited sufficient depth, also Bell doesn't get enough game time.
Not blaming them at all - don't know how you got that from my post. As for not recruting, Bell not getting enough time, etc. see numerous threads about Sheens and co. in relation to this.
Sorry Tiger_heart wasn't referring to your originl post, as for Keith not doing what Woodsy does well during our golden period he was doing his job just fine, also heard last night he needs surgery for an injury?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 10:44 am

alex wrote:I don't know if we're watching the same Keith? I thought he's had one of his best seasons to date..? He was definitely pushing for an Origin spot along with Woodsie.

Agree Alex. most of these fools dont have a clue, and forget he struggles with a permanent injury to his big toe which hampers the very core essence of a front rower....his go forward....he cannot push off his foot hard at all.

He gets smashed week in week out, and gives back twice as much twice as hard......plays with guts and ticker, spills blood and plays for the team, unlike a few others....and people here are questioning him.

Really....no idea.

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 10:48 am

One of our best this year hope we re sign him in the off season.

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 11:06 am

Keiths spot is fine. I actually think at times he's played too many minutes. I think our problem lies with not having another prop and also having a very pedestrian back row. Blair, Heighno and Ellis have offered nothing with the ball this year.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 1:30 pm

Moors is big too & more if a damaging runner than big Keithy. I see both points of view. I don't think it's about Keith but Moors input in the back end of the season. Has anyone else noticed. Didn't he set up another try last night? He seems to be in the right place @ the right time & he uses his body as a tool to get him to where he wants to go. Has grown a leg.

Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 1:50 pm

Considering the injuries sauce has been carrying i think he has had a pretty good year, but we need another prop or two.