Keithy

ImageImageImage
Mrs T

Re: Keithy

Post by Mrs T » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 2:21 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:Moors is big too & more if a damaging runner than big Keithy. I see both points of view. I don't think it's about Keith but Moors input in the back end of the season. Has anyone else noticed. Didn't he set up another try last night? He seems to be in the right place @ the right time & he uses his body as a tool to get him to where he wants to go. Has grown a leg.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Junior is playing for a contract! Pity he doesn't play like that for the entire year!

Bagging Keithy? Surely you people are not serious? (not referring to you AHX)

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 2:23 pm

Gee of all the players to criticise this season, Keith would be near the bottom of the list.

He is probably burnt out due to playing huge minutes earlier in the season.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 2:26 pm

Our starting front row of Woods and Galloway was one of the few highlights of this pathetic season.
Galloway's only problem is that he seems to be injury prone but that's life. Hopefully a few months off will do his toe a world of good.
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 2:46 pm

softlaw wrote:Our starting front row of Woods and Galloway was one of the few highlights of this pathetic season.
Galloway's only problem is that he seems to be injury prone but that's life. Hopefully a few months off will do his toe a world of good.
x2

Our problem is that we do not know how to use the bench, for most of the season they were forced to play too many minutes, while Bell and Moors played 5-10 minutes max.
One of our problems (the other being non existing FB and centers) were ineffective 2nd rowers (except Fulton and underused BMM). Blair and CW were ordinary and did not provide any go forward, while Ellis was injured for most of the season.
For mine Woods and Galloway deserve to play for Aus, and shall be NSW props next year.

Shaggy

Post by Shaggy » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 3:20 pm

Do we think Pettybourne will compliment Woods and Galloway?

Not quiet enough mongrel for my liking.

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 3:31 pm

With keithyvwe won 11 from 18 , without Keith we played 7 and didn't win a single game I think that shows just how important he is

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 3:55 pm

Can't believe some people are calling for him to be moved on! One of the most consistent this year for mine and his value in Woods' development is invaluable. The only beef with Keith I have, is that I wish he would realize how big he is and sprint at players, he's very slow and doesn't seem to wind up much, I think if he brought a fend into his game he could be a better player. But, in saying that he's known as a no nonsense front rower, similar to Grant, Petero. He does his job every week so I wouldn't be calling for him to go anywhere.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 4:35 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:Injury prone, doesn't bend the line, older props than him (eg Asotasi. Fui Fui) put more fear in the opposition than he has ever done, IMHO. Time for a end of year sale at the club, I think.
Doesn't bend the line? Do you watch any of the games? He always bends the line.

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 5:04 pm

tigertye hes slow , worn out and injury prone , has not played a full season for 2 years he is keeping players in lower grades that should be given a go before they move on

Wagga Tiger

Post by Wagga Tiger » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 5:23 pm

andrew 474 wrote:tigertye hes slow , worn out and injury prone , has not played a full season for 2 years he is keeping players in lower grades that should be given a go before they move on
What players? if he is injured so often where are these players that will stand up and take his spot? Cashmere is the only real prop we have in reggies, the other guys aren't proven yet and even if they are capable Sheens wont use them.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 5:49 pm

people are delusional if they think he's been on fire this year. he's hot and cold.
yes he has injury problems, however you cant use that as an excuse forever. there comes a point you make tough decisions so the club can move forward and succeed.
p.s. pettybourne has 10x the mongrel keef has.

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 8:37 pm

andrew 474 wrote:tigertye hes slow , worn out and injury prone , has not played a full season for 2 years he is keeping players in lower grades that should be given a go before they move on
Mate, how many front rowers do get through a full season of 1st's uninjured? Not many.

And to be honest, how has he held back a player in Reggie's or NYC? The only one I think who really started to deserve a spot was Mosese F from the 20's and Cashy was hot and cold all year. Groat took a massive confidence hit when he got belted and was injured for a majority of the season.

We're a better team with him in it, and that's a fact. I'm sure with a full off season to get his injuries sorted out and hopefully somehow, someway a new coach with some new ideas for him, he could become an even better player.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 8:39 pm

innsaneink wrote:
alex wrote:I don't know if we're watching the same Keith? I thought he's had one of his best seasons to date..? He was definitely pushing for an Origin spot along with Woodsie.

Agree Alex. most of these fools dont have a clue, and forget he struggles with a permanent injury to his big toe which hampers the very core essence of a front rower....his go forward....he cannot push off his foot hard at all.

He gets smashed week in week out, and gives back twice as much twice as hard......plays with guts and ticker, spills blood and plays for the team, unlike a few others....and people here are questioning him.

Really....no idea.
Agree with both of you. Keith has averaged over 100 metres per game this season and he's played busted for most of it.

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 8:42 pm

And might I also note that what I said about Mosese I should clarify. When I said he was starting to deserve a spot I meant on the bench. And by no means ahead of Keith.

Also if Sheens used his bench better, Keith may not be getting injured as much, and I could see our season being a lot more damaging during the season. But that's a whole different subject.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 10:28 pm

Which players?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 12:12 am

Here's a question

If we do manage to sign Kite , who starts

Keefy or Kite ??

For me it is Keefy

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 12:44 pm

For me it's Kite.

Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 4:23 pm

Clearly Keefy - Kite is a solid player but at his age not in Keffy's class.