Benching helped Blair's game.

ImageImageImage
happy tiger

Benching helped Blair's game.

Post by happy tiger » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 10:19 am

I notice something different happened last night with Blair and funnily enough he had his best game of the season

Sheens gave him a spell (not sure how long ) and he seemed to go a hell of a lot better

As far as I can remember this was the first time all season (please correct me if I'm wrong)

And I thought to myself that Blair would start a lot of games ok and then he would go missing

Maybe the reason he went missing was he needed a 5-10 minute break at some stage

What do you guys and gals think ??

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 10:22 am

As far as i know he didnt play 80 mins at melb he always got a rest during games.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 10:24 am

happy tiger wrote:I notice something different happened last night with Blair and funnily enough he had his best game of the season

Sheens gave him a spell (not sure how long ) and he seemed to go a hell of a lot better

As far as I can remember this was the first time all season (please correct me if I'm wrong)

And I thought to myself that Blair would start a lot of games ok and then he would go missing

Maybe the reason he went missing was he needed a 5-10 minute break at some stage

What do you guys and gals think ??
Yeah i agree with you as well, he would of been more motivated playing against his ex club as well.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 10:46 am

Blair played for himself last night.....nothing more, personal desire against his old mates.

Theres no team here...we have too many individuals doing their own thing, it even comes out in articles...

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 10:53 am

He played against his old club....all players lift

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 11:01 am

Yeah he should have a spell no doubt...as should all forwards in this side including Ellis and ESPECIALLY Heighno.

In saying that its not an excuse.

Shaggy

Post by Shaggy » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 3:04 pm

He definitely lifted last night and actually hit the line with speed. I never noticed him at Melbourne hit the handbrake and trying to reverse park before the line. I did notice that he was unsuccessful with a shoulder charge when a traditional tackle would have prevented the Melbourne player making a line brake. Also, noticed a leg pull that the ref mixed.
If he just stuck to running good lines and putting the shoulder charge on ice for awhile he would be a much better player. He should watch a few videos of BMM in the off season to see how it's done.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 5:13 pm

Blair played his 2 best games of the season in the 2 games we played against the Storm. Says a lot about the guy in my opinion, he has motivational problems.

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 5:51 pm

Sheens is the problem ,have you just worked that out ?
sheens plays a slow forward as a wide running second rower .When he realises he is a prop we will see the best of Blair , until then watch centres run around him all night .

willow

Post by willow » Sun 02 Sep, 2012 8:41 pm

innsaneink wrote:Blair played for himself last night.....nothing more, personal desire against his old mates.

Theres no team here...we have too many individuals doing their own thing, it even comes out in articles...
Fair call. The harmony does not appear to be there, which is evidenced by the staggered defensive line and poor communication in attack and defence. A lot of times this season the Tigers have looked clueless in attack and defence and that comes down to not understanding the team game plan - if they even had one.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 7:36 pm

Didn't think my post was so offensive it had to be removed! I was only pointing out that I thought the title of the thread was misleading, which it is. Geez you blokes are touchy!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 7:42 pm

Blair really didn't look to be enjoying his football this year at all. Hopefully we see improvement next year. I remain hopeful that we will. He is a good player who had an awful year. Many good players have done it. He wasn't alone this year. He was really, really awful though lol.

Post by 2041 » Mon 03 Sep, 2012 9:35 pm

On the evidence of this season, benching for 80 minute stretches might improve Blair's game.

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Tue 04 Sep, 2012 7:18 am

Could have been the spell, or could have been the fact he played his old club.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

senexx

Post by senexx » Wed 05 Sep, 2012 1:29 pm

He's had his year to settle in, I expect bigger and better things from him next year.
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris