cam smith

Tigerles
Member
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue 20 Dec, 2016 1:34 pm
Location: Grafton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Re: cam smith

Unread post by Tigerles » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 11:35 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 11:02 am
I'm sure when Smith is made an immortal the last thing on his mind will be game 1 of the 2017 Origin series when an Origin rookie outclassed him. Enjoy the small victories FTB, because when he's made an immortal, you will be the one burning.
an immortal that cheated the system and got away with it, that's how he will be remembered to a lot of footy fans.
the same way johns is now remembered as a drug cheat more than his skills as a player.


User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25148
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 391 times

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 11:39 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 11:31 am
I love Cameron and think he is a very astute leader in our game...

However, he looked very tired last night after 30min and made alot of uncharacteristic errors/choices. On a few occasions, it was clear he simply couldnt get to the ball carrier for his trade-mark 'stick' and was completely off the pace within the SOO arena.

Qld can not go into Game 2 without a DH option on the bench to give Cameron a break or it will be series over!

Cammy was so tired he didn't even have the breath to complain to the refs about NSW scoring so many TRIES....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 12:00 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 11:31 am
I love Cameron and think he is a very astute leader in our game...

However, he looked very tired last night after 30min and made alot of uncharacteristic errors/choices. On a few occasions, it was clear he simply couldnt get to the ball carrier for his trade-mark 'stick' and was completely off the pace within the SOO arena.

Qld can not go into Game 2 without a DH option on the bench to give Cameron a break or it will be series over!
Refreshing to see a Qlder acknowledge Smith's shortcomings last night without resorting to the "Smith is God" bleatings like some on here. Kudos Watto for telling it how it is.
If you get a spare minute though can you sms Stryker to ask R U OK? Think he is struggling with the result.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 12:04 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 11:02 am
I'm sure when Smith is made an immortal the last thing on his mind will be game 1 of the 2017 Origin series when an Origin rookie outclassed him. Enjoy the small victories FTB, because when he's made an immortal, you will be the one burning.
Oh dry your eyes little darling..........
I can picture you on the couch last night re-enacting the Naomi Watts scene from the movie Mulholland Drive whilst watching your beloved Cammy get around the field like an old pensioner.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18807
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 12:24 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 12:04 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 11:02 am
I'm sure when Smith is made an immortal the last thing on his mind will be game 1 of the 2017 Origin series when an Origin rookie outclassed him. Enjoy the small victories FTB, because when he's made an immortal, you will be the one burning.
Oh dry your eyes little darling..........
I can picture you on the couch last night re-enacting the Naomi Watts scene from the movie Mulholland Drive whilst watching your beloved Cammy get around the field like an old pensioner.
Lol i turned on curb your enthusiasm the moment Tedesco scored. That made me sick to my stomach. Couldn't have given a stuff about your pal Cam. Don't even know what the score ended up.


User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 1:31 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 12:04 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 11:02 am
I'm sure when Smith is made an immortal the last thing on his mind will be game 1 of the 2017 Origin series when an Origin rookie outclassed him. Enjoy the small victories FTB, because when he's made an immortal, you will be the one burning.
Oh dry your eyes little darling..........
I can picture you on the couch last night re-enacting the Naomi Watts scene from the movie Mulholland Drive whilst watching your beloved Cammy get around the field like an old pensioner.
Dont give up your day job if you have one. That was dreadful.

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4366
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Snake » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 1:48 pm

The look on Smiths face after the game last night PRICELESS!! :roll

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 1:54 pm

stryker wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 1:31 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 12:04 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 11:02 am
I'm sure when Smith is made an immortal the last thing on his mind will be game 1 of the 2017 Origin series when an Origin rookie outclassed him. Enjoy the small victories FTB, because when he's made an immortal, you will be the one burning.
Oh dry your eyes little darling..........
I can picture you on the couch last night re-enacting the Naomi Watts scene from the movie Mulholland Drive whilst watching your beloved Cammy get around the field like an old pensioner.
Dont give up your day job if you have one. That was dreadful.
:roll

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25148
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 391 times

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 11:24 pm

Koala Bear... No case to answer
Attachments
18836038_1397855633635527_2098495639505346374_n-1.jpg
18836038_1397855633635527_2098495639505346374_n-1.jpg (51.07 KiB) Viewed 294 times
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Fri 02 Jun, 2017 12:43 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 11:24 pm
Koala Bear... No case to answer
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by Russell » Fri 02 Jun, 2017 8:44 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 11:24 pm
Koala Bear... No case to answer
That's not above the horizontal - that's vertical. NO CASE TO ANSWER!

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25148
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 391 times

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 02 Jun, 2017 8:48 am

stryker wrote:
Fri 02 Jun, 2017 12:43 am
Geo. wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 11:24 pm
Koala Bear... No case to answer
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Yeah... I guess with all the excitement of Maloney going under the sticks they missed it...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Fri 02 Jun, 2017 9:11 am

Perfect technique

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5452
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 02 Jun, 2017 9:50 am

Geo. wrote:
Fri 02 Jun, 2017 8:48 am
stryker wrote:
Fri 02 Jun, 2017 12:43 am
Geo. wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 11:24 pm
Koala Bear... No case to answer
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Yeah... I guess with all the excitement of Maloney going under the sticks they missed it...
Once the series is done and dusted in game 2. We should be able to get a square up on Smith. With that precedence of that video, it should be very hard to get a suspension for a spear tackle, apparently they are ok now , just like the shoulder charge on Pearce , and the Chicken wing from one of our guys
If the refs don't start to at least penalise this rubbish, it will be open slather in Sydney.

Qld have no choice but to try and bash a win, as they are now below Nsw in ability.
They've been great over the years, but the trough has arrived , and even Thurston is starting to show it( as well as Smith. ) Slater will probably outlast them as the long break may have prolonged his time in the game a bit.
Their problem is that there's not much , at that standard in the cupboard at moment.
While Milf can be very good at times, he can also be useless in just as many times.
Napa can't even bend the line, and if he can't get a shoulder charge on, he's just an average nrl forwardin attack.
Hess is good near the line, but his work rate is very ordinary, and if the defence that NSW showed in game 1 is repeated, he won't be too much of a problem.

There's liabilities in the team that need to be out, but there's no standouts to go in.
For once , even injuries for Nsw between now and the last games won't be the disaster that they have been in previous times. Especially in the forwards, with almost a complete pack of forwards just below what they have now.Plus Mansour and others in the backs
We couldn't replace a Teddy or Fifita , but that's our only worry
Glad that at least Fifita has the bye this weekend

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16233
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 02 Jun, 2017 9:53 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 11:24 pm
Koala Bear... No case to answer
The most damning thing about that picture is that the referee is literally watching it happen in front of him. Even though his eyes aren't on the incident it would have happened well within his periphery.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

User avatar
4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed 21 Sep, 2011 11:19 am
Location: Doonside NSW
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by 4jtigers » Fri 02 Jun, 2017 10:03 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 02 Jun, 2017 9:53 am
Geo. wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 11:24 pm
Koala Bear... No case to answer
The most damning thing about that picture is that the referee is literally watching it happen in front of him. Even though his eyes aren't on the incident it would have happened well within his periphery.
Just look at the way Myles and Maguire tackle. They lead with their heads in like head butting someone. There is the incident where Fifita was tackled by Maguire and nothing came of it. He (Fifita) was sent to the HIA and not a word of an illegal act mentioned. It was very clear to see - head in and swinging arm just to be sure.
A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that worked. A complex system designed from scratch never works and cannot be patched up to make it work. You have to start over with a working simple system. – John Gall

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Fri 02 Jun, 2017 10:09 am

Geeze if we are going to whine about tackles missed during the game how about the chicken wing from Cordner on Myles? That was shocking...and obvious ...and ignored. Its origin. This stuff happens.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2588
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by Harvey » Fri 02 Jun, 2017 10:30 am

I thought a chicken wing was when the defender placed pressure on the arm and joints, not when the attacking player grabs hold of the defenders jersey & pulls him down on top of himself.

Post Reply

Return to “State of Origin”