cam smith

shane2801

Re: cam smith

Post by shane2801 » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 6:15 pm

NSW still has the biggest grub in the NRL. Andrew Fifita. There is no bigger Grub, Cat, Lowie I have ever seen. The hatred I have for this mutant has no bounds.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 6:21 pm

bigsiro wrote:If the topic is about Cam Smith then like him or not, he is arguably the best hooker to ever play the game and probably the most influential player/captain the game has seen since Lockyer.

If the topic is about NSW walking off then to be quite honest it was pretty pathetic. It doesn't matter what QLD'ers did previously. It doesn't matter if they hate Cam Smith. It showed zero class.
It reflects badly on the players, the coach and the state. Daley, Gallen and the rest should hang their heads in shame. A wonderful spectacle reduced to school yard immaturity.

People on here saying that QLD aren't used to losing a game, well NSW should be used to losing a series and by now should have learned the gracious way to behave in this situation. It was embarrassing.
Similar thing happened a few yrs ago when Matt King had a sulk and walked off without shaking hands cos he said he was sick of losing. Low class. Contrast that with something i saw in the AFL around about the same time. I was watching a Richmond v Essondon game, and there was only a point in it, and Matthew Richardson (Richmond Captain) was denied an obvious free kick right at the end that would have won the game. When the siren went and they lost he threw his mouthguard down in disgust and let out some expletives. At that exact moment a Bombers player held out his hand and Richardson's demenour did a complete a 360 and he shook his hand and said good game.

I think it stems from Gallen. The guy is a complete and utter sook. NSW can only improve without that drug cheat.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 6:43 pm

Great player...

Grub ... Sooky la la when he can't control a game....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 6:49 pm

shane2801 wrote:NSW still has the biggest grub in the NRL. Andrew Fifita. There is no bigger Grub, Cat, Lowie I have ever seen. The hatred I have for this mutant has no bounds.
I don't think Fifita is a grub.
He fits more into the 'idiot' category.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 7:01 pm

Why is that sometimes the best footballers embarrass themselves ?

Absolute footballer, could have accepted defeat gracefully instead of being a whinger

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 7:06 pm

Sabre wrote:
shane2801 wrote:NSW still has the biggest grub in the NRL. Andrew Fifita. There is no bigger Grub, Cat, Lowie I have ever seen. The hatred I have for this mutant has no bounds.
I don't think Fifita is a grub.
He fits more into the 'idiot' category.
Happy to add "Idiot" also Sabre. :D
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 8:56 pm

[quote="shane2801"]NSW still has the biggest grub in the NRL. Andrew Fifita. There is no bigger Grub, Cat, Lowie I have ever seen. The hatred I have for this mutant has no bounds.[/quote

Thaiday firmly has the the top grub position in his hand,
Closely followed by Nate miles, both Major grubs,
Thankfully we probably seen the last of both of them , if their performances on Wed night are any indication

In one way it will be a shame to see them dropped, but by next year they will never find a jumper that will cover Thiadays gut.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 9:03 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
bigsiro wrote:If the topic is about Cam Smith then like him or not, he is arguably the best hooker to ever play the game and probably the most influential player/captain the game has seen since Lockyer.

If the topic is about NSW walking off then to be quite honest it was pretty pathetic. It doesn't matter what QLD'ers did previously. It doesn't matter if they hate Cam Smith. It showed zero class.
It reflects badly on the players, the coach and the state. Daley, Gallen and the rest should hang their heads in shame. A wonderful spectacle reduced to school yard immaturity.

People on here saying that QLD aren't used to losing a game, well NSW should be used to losing a series and by now should have learned the gracious way to behave in this situation. It was embarrassing.
Similar thing happened a few yrs ago when Matt King had a sulk and walked off without shaking hands cos he said he was sick of losing. Low class. Contrast that with something i saw in the AFL around about the same time. I was watching a Richmond v Essondon game, and there was only a point in it, and Matthew Richardson (Richmond Captain) was denied an obvious free kick right at the end that would have won the game. When the siren went and they lost he threw his mouthguard down in disgust and let out some expletives. At that exact moment a Bombers player held out his hand and Richardson's demenour did a complete a 360 and he shook his hand and said good game.

I think it stems from Gallen. The guy is a complete and utter sook. NSW can only improve without that drug cheat.
My only wish bar us making the 8 is Cronulla not win the 2016 premiership

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 9:19 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:

The qld skipper is no stranger to cheating either...

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 10:57 pm

Let's not forget how humble and gracious Qld were when they had a rare loss at Suncorp a few years back. Around the time that "3rd man in Thaiday" was at his peak. Justin "the grub " Hodges with the throat slitting gestures, and just for good measure when all hope was lost and they couldn't win, Instead of taking a tap and tackle, Lockyer resorted to the up and under where they all bolted through and tried to maime Kurt Gidley.

Gracious and humble indeed.

As for Cam Smith, he is a great leader, there's no doubt about it. Certainly stretches the rules extremely well

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Fri 15 Jul, 2016 9:59 am

Yossarian wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
supercoach wrote:I suppose playing for QLD and the Storm, Smith doesn't taste defeat to often so he has not learnt the art of being humble.
Although what ever you think of Smith he is a champion player so I guess he can say what he wants, its not like he has to please anyone
To be honest SC, i think of him more along the lines of a smart grubby player, that hides his dirty tactics on the field very well most of the time. The team around him in Melbourne, Origin and the Australian side, make him look better then he really is imo.
The media's love affair and build up of him as a god like figure has alot to answer for.
Add hypocrite to that list as well.
Sorry TM but it is a split hair between Thurston and Smith as to who is the best player currently in Rugby League

And probably a distance to the next player

Like Smith or hate him he is still a great player

Ask Fade To Black , probably one of Smith's biggest haters on the Forum , but he would be the first bloke he picks in his Fantasy League team and makes him (C) to boot
Smith is a great player but IMHO Thurston is well ahead of him. If I had to pick one player to build a team around it'd be JT everytime.
Same Yossarian. Thurston for me too. Not only is he a great player, he has appeal as well. ;)

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Fri 15 Jul, 2016 10:04 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Has to be one of the fittest players in the modern game. Came into first grade in 03 and has never had a serious injury.
Lol, funny that. Maybe it's because he hardly gets tackled, as he quickly passes the ball before they get to him.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 15 Jul, 2016 10:23 am

Tigermama wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Has to be one of the fittest players in the modern game. Came into first grade in 03 and has never had a serious injury.
Lol, funny that. Maybe it's because he hardly gets tackled, as he quickly passes the ball before they get to him.
I'm sure that's the reason.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Fri 15 Jul, 2016 10:55 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
I'm sure that's the reason.
:lol: Indeed.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Fri 15 Jul, 2016 11:04 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
shane2801 wrote:NSW still has the biggest grub in the NRL. Andrew Fifita. There is no bigger Grub, Cat, Lowie I have ever seen. The hatred I have for this mutant has no bounds.[/quote

Thaiday firmly has the the top grub position in his hand,
Closely followed by Nate miles, both Major grubs,
Thankfully we probably seen the last of both of them , if their performances on Wed night are any indication

In one way it will be a shame to see them dropped, but by next year they will never find a jumper that will cover Thiadays gut.
He's got a bit of a tummy happening. Needs to up his crunches and sit ups. :mrgreen:

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Fri 15 Jul, 2016 12:20 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:

Have to agree. No matter how dirty QLD are they only ever do that kind of stuff on the field, where things like that are more scewed from the public vision. To send a message like at a presentation as Gallen and the team did was embarrassing.. Played right into their hands and now we look like the bad guys. Should've saved that emotion for next years series..

marzie

Post by marzie » Fri 15 Jul, 2016 12:30 pm

What about changing state of origin to a 5 game series? The first team to 3 wins the series and no further games are played once the series is won. That way the NRL still get a minimum of 3 origin games maximum of 5, more product, can take a game to more venues, no dead rubbers and the shield is lifted when the series is won.

What do you guys think? Would probably need to be moved to the end of the season though

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 15 Jul, 2016 12:47 pm

Would rather a one off, compared to 5

It screws with the comp too much