cam smith

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 184 times

cam smith

Unread post by innsaneink » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 7:34 am

Claims qld team wouldn't do what nsw allegedly did in turning their back on him while he's speaking... Disrespect he reckons.

He is a two faced hypocrite and I cringe when he Captains Australia

I recall Parker.. Maguire.. JT Inglis and others giving the blues an absolute gobful after full time in game II in Brisbane... Not a lot of sportsmanship or respect there either.
Nah your team doesn't do that eh smyth?
Short memories

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by Masterton » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 8:10 am

Thurston sounds even worse. Sour grapes of the highest order.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

happy tiger
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 8:42 am

Probably why once a series is won the shield should be presented

NSW should of had the right to celebrate their win and send Gallen off to the glue factory

Telltails
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 38 times

Unread post by Telltails » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 9:07 am

happy tiger wrote:Probably why once a series is won the shield should be presented

NSW should of had the right to celebrate their win and send Gallen off to the glue factory
Agree the trophy needs to be awarded when it's won

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 9:36 am

Yep trophy should be awarded when it is won. That way we avoid the farcical situation of having both teams celebrating a dead rubber. QLD should have been able to leave the field and let NSW soak in the win but had to stick around and pose for photos whilst NSW chaired Gallen from the field in the background lol...

tsjonathan
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 9:40 am

stryker wrote:Yep trophy should be awarded when it is won. That way we avoid the farcical situation of having both teams celebrating a dead rubber. QLD should have been able to leave the field and let NSW soak in the win but had to stick around and pose for photos whilst NSW chaired Gallen from the field in the background lol...
I really don't understand league and the administrators...and I've been watching it for over 25 years. The whole thing made me cringe.

Gary Bakerloo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 9:54 am

Telltails wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Probably why once a series is won the shield should be presented

Yep, and don't play dead rubbers.

gallagher
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by gallagher » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 10:16 am

innsaneink wrote:Claims qld team wouldn't do what nsw allegedly did in turning their back on him while he's speaking... Disrespect he reckons.

I recall Parker.. Maguire.. JT Inglis and others giving the blues an absolute gobful after full time in game II in Brisbane... Not a lot of sportsmanship or respect there either.
Short memories
How many former and current qld origin players use the word humble when they talk about themselves.
Who are they trying to fool?

barra
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by barra » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 10:28 am

innsaneink wrote:Claims qld team wouldn't do what nsw allegedly did in turning their back on him while he's speaking... Disrespect he reckons.

Short memories
This, it's what has started some pretty bad blood between the sides. Screaming (expletive) pussies!!! at the losing side won't get you too many friends in footy.

Humble... yeah right.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 10:43 am

Easy solution...let them fight and they wont carry on with this type of crap.

pdenny77
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by pdenny77 » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 10:56 am

stryker wrote:Easy solution...let them fight and they wont carry on with this type of crap.
The most sensible suggestion I've read in a long time. 90% of punches are air swings anyway and it helps let off steam. In addition, who wouldn't love to see Cam Smith with a solid right landing on his chin?

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 11:00 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Telltails wrote:

Yep, and don't play dead rubbers.
And how many millions will it cost the game in regards to the FTA deal Gary

SOO is the Jewel in the crown as far as TV ratings are concerned , you risk taking 33% of those TV ratings away every series

It could cost the game many , many millions of $$$'s , that would be the problem

Telltails
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 38 times

Unread post by Telltails » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 11:08 am

Classic Cam Smtih comment
" I have never played in a game with a penalty count like that "
I bet you havnt !

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 11:20 am

gallagher wrote:

Short memories
How many former and current qld origin players use the word humble when they talk about themselves.
Who are they trying to fool?
Humble my foot. In the Maroons post-match conference, Smith and Walters couldn't stop gloating about winning 10 out of 11 and what a great team they are and have been through the last few years.
I've no problems with them crowing about it they truly are a great team. But to keep saying they're humble, really rattles my chain. :x
One thing i like to say to them. " Practice what you preach, or change your speech"

supercoach
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 72 times

Unread post by supercoach » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 11:25 am

I suppose playing for QLD and the Storm, Smith doesn't taste defeat to often so he has not learnt the art of being humble.
Although what ever you think of Smith he is a champion player so I guess he can say what he wants, its not like he has to please anyone

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 11:28 am

Telltails wrote:Classic Cam Smtih comment
I bet you havnt !

He's full of it :lol:

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 11:34 am

Telltails wrote:Classic Cam Smtih comment
I bet you havnt !

He needed to go on an old style Kangaroo tour and play in France

When a lowly French President's 13 would almost beat the 82 ,86 or 90 Kangaroos and the penalty count would be 21-3 against the Aussies

Players would get penalized for not getting up quick enough to play the ball :shock:

Remember Don Furner saying that if the French had somehow managed to score Australia would never have won

Now that's bad reffing Cam :lol: , be thankful

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Thu 14 Jul, 2016 11:41 am

supercoach wrote:I suppose playing for QLD and the Storm, Smith doesn't taste defeat to often so he has not learnt the art of being humble.
Although what ever you think of Smith he is a champion player so I guess he can say what he wants, its not like he has to please anyone
To be honest SC, i think of him more along the lines of a smart grubby player, that hides his dirty tactics on the field very well most of the time. The team around him in Melbourne, Origin and the Australian side, make him look better then he really is imo.
The media's love affair and build up of him as a god like figure has alot to answer for.
Add hypocrite to that list as well.

Return to “State of Origin”