Does Nofoaluma Deserve to Play SOO?

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2159
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Does Nofoaluma Deserve to Play SOO?

Unread post by diedpretty » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 12:37 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 05 Mar, 2017 11:18 pm
ALX22 wrote:
Sun 05 Mar, 2017 11:13 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 05 Mar, 2017 1:12 pm
Nofoaluma will be one of the 1st blokes picked for Qld now Inglis is out
No, ineligible for QLD.
http://www.weststigers.com.au/team/prof ... aluma.html
Newcastle is a county of Qld , Wide Bay area

Look it up if you don't believe me

Yep just south of that other Qld town , Bowraville.


upthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by upthetigers » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 1:49 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
Sun 05 Mar, 2017 1:28 pm
Plus I'd suggest a Morris, Roberts, Trbojevic, Leilua, Jennings would be in front of Nofoaluma?
Roberts, Trbojevic, & Jennings in front of Noffa? Heck no!!

BornBlack&Gold
Member
Member
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:42 am

Unread post by BornBlack&Gold » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 2:52 am

In my opinion nofa is not quite at the standard of origin player. However less talented wingers than him have been picked in the past, Steve Turner and Chris Walker to name but 2 off the top of my head.

the reasoning behind Turners baffling selection from memory was that nsw coach and selectors at the time (bellamy, daley, fulton) thought his inside knowlege of Greg Inglis' game as his club team mate would give him an edge marking up against him on the wing...... the mismatch was every bit as spectacular and hilarious/horrifying as you would expect.

It's actually even more baffling all these years on to think about that one. A player lacking in talent, speed and strength, selected specifically to mark up against a player with all 3 of those traits in abundance...

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5461
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 7:24 am

Possibly but there'd have to be a few that were unavailable for that to happen

InBenjiWeTrust
Member
Member
Posts: 1713
Joined: Mon 12 Mar, 2012 2:59 pm
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 7:25 am

ATM he is in form winger, and deserves to play rep games, however, I prefer him and other Tigers players (Woods & Tedesco) are not selected or refuse to play in Ch9 Mickey Mouse games.


User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1497
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am
Has liked: 282 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 7:27 am

InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 7:25 am
ATM he is in form winger, and deserves to play rep games, however, I prefer him and other Tigers players (Woods & Tedesco) are not selected or refuse to play in Ch9 Mickey Mouse games.
Agree!

BTW are fox doing origin this year???
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16241
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 158 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 8:47 am

Unfortunately for Dave, there's plenty already ahead of him, both incumbents and young blokes earmarked. If he has a stellar year he might come into contention next year or the year after, but he can forget about this year.

Let's not forget Hayne will probably stroll back into the side somehow as well.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

User avatar
Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1704
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 45 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 9:51 am

Does deserve to play, but won't unfortunately for him, but fortunate for us, cause Teddy will most likely be and he makes a great replacement at back.

ricksen
Member
Member
Posts: 1822
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2015 9:10 pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 12:22 pm

I think he and Mansour are the best wingers NSW have available.
That said, I don't think Nofa will make it close to NSW selection, as there's a bevy of FBs and centres that will get picked ahead of him.
Wouldn't be surprised with
1. Tedesco
2. Mansour (fitness permitting)
3. Hayne
4. Dugan
5. Trbojevic

14. Moylan

Even then there's the likes of Leilua, Bird, Roberts et al that will also be in the discussion.

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10452
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 12:31 pm

ricksen wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 12:22 pm
I think he and Mansour are the best wingers NSW have available.
That said, I don't think Nofa will make it close to NSW selection, as there's a bevy of FBs and centres that will get picked ahead of him.
Wouldn't be surprised with
1. Tedesco
2. Mansour (fitness permitting)
3. Hayne
4. Dugan
5. Trbojevic

14. Moylan

Even then there's the likes of Leilua, Bird, Roberts et al that will also be in the discussion.
agreed... But Ferguson will be at #5

Ironically, the NSW Team picks itself this year depending on injury etc. Woods, Tamou, Frizell, Cordner & Merrin are also locked in!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18812
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 1:28 pm

The way Hayne played the other night, he's no certainty for Origin. But then you never know with Daley.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 30432
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 86 times

Unread post by willow » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 1:31 pm

Nofo would handle SOO and his tough running will make very handy metres but Daley will no doubt have someone else in mind being the genius that he is.

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25165
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 395 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 1:48 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 12:31 pm
ricksen wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 12:22 pm
I think he and Mansour are the best wingers NSW have available.
That said, I don't think Nofa will make it close to NSW selection, as there's a bevy of FBs and centres that will get picked ahead of him.
Wouldn't be surprised with
1. Tedesco
2. Mansour (fitness permitting)
3. Hayne
4. Dugan
5. Trbojevic

14. Moylan

Even then there's the likes of Leilua, Bird, Roberts et al that will also be in the discussion.
agreed... But Ferguson will be at #5

Ironically, the NSW Team picks itself this year depending on injury etc. Woods, Tamou, Frizell, Cordner & Merrin are also locked in!
Why do Queenslanders need to stick their bib in when it comes to NSW selections...Shouldn't they be out scouring New Zealand Fiji Samao England And PNG for a replacement for GI and CP13...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10452
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 2:06 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 1:48 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 12:31 pm
ricksen wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 12:22 pm
I think he and Mansour are the best wingers NSW have available.
That said, I don't think Nofa will make it close to NSW selection, as there's a bevy of FBs and centres that will get picked ahead of him.
Wouldn't be surprised with
1. Tedesco
2. Mansour (fitness permitting)
3. Hayne
4. Dugan
5. Trbojevic

14. Moylan

Even then there's the likes of Leilua, Bird, Roberts et al that will also be in the discussion.
agreed... But Ferguson will be at #5

Ironically, the NSW Team picks itself this year depending on injury etc. Woods, Tamou, Frizell, Cordner & Merrin are also locked in!
Why do Queenslanders need to stick their bib in when it comes to NSW selections...Shouldn't they be out scouring New Zealand Fiji Samao England And PNG for a replacement for GI and CP13...
Judging by the past 10 years, Its not as if anyone in NSW has a clue?!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1186
Joined: Tue 11 Jan, 2011 10:50 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by bigsiro » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 2:14 pm

Agree with below picks

1. Tedesco
2. Mansour (fitness permitting)
3. Hayne
4. Dugan
5. Ferguson

Forwards mentioned were definite locks: Woods, Tamou, Frizell, Cordner & Merrin.

Farah probably hooker.

Halves Reynolds and Maloney.

NSW victory. Cool. Glad that's done!
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4977
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 2:23 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 2:06 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 1:48 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 12:31 pm
ricksen wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 12:22 pm
I think he and Mansour are the best wingers NSW have available.
That said, I don't think Nofa will make it close to NSW selection, as there's a bevy of FBs and centres that will get picked ahead of him.
Wouldn't be surprised with
1. Tedesco
2. Mansour (fitness permitting)
3. Hayne
4. Dugan
5. Trbojevic

14. Moylan

Even then there's the likes of Leilua, Bird, Roberts et al that will also be in the discussion.
agreed... But Ferguson will be at #5

Ironically, the NSW Team picks itself this year depending on injury etc. Woods, Tamou, Frizell, Cordner & Merrin are also locked in!
Why do Queenslanders need to stick their bib in when it comes to NSW selections...Shouldn't they be out scouring New Zealand Fiji Samao England And PNG for a replacement for GI and CP13...
Judging by the past 10 years, Its not as if anyone in NSW has a clue?!
That's below the belt Watto,some of us do have a clue but aren't allowed to pick the side because of other genius selectors....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

TopTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 812
Joined: Tue 20 Aug, 2013 3:03 pm
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by TopTiger » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 2:29 pm

bigsiro wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 2:14 pm
Agree with below picks

1. Tedesco
2. Mansour (fitness permitting)
3. Hayne
4. Dugan
5. Ferguson

Forwards mentioned were definite locks: Woods, Tamou, Frizell, Cordner & Merrin.

Farah probably hooker.

Halves Reynolds and Maloney.

NSW victory. Cool. Glad that's done!
I would not right off Pearce as Daley seems to be a big fan but the rest barring injury should be selected!!

ALX22
Member
Member
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon 25 Jan, 2016 2:29 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by ALX22 » Mon 06 Mar, 2017 2:33 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 1:48 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 12:31 pm
ricksen wrote:
Mon 06 Mar, 2017 12:22 pm
I think he and Mansour are the best wingers NSW have available.
That said, I don't think Nofa will make it close to NSW selection, as there's a bevy of FBs and centres that will get picked ahead of him.
Wouldn't be surprised with
1. Tedesco
2. Mansour (fitness permitting)
3. Hayne
4. Dugan
5. Trbojevic

14. Moylan

Even then there's the likes of Leilua, Bird, Roberts et al that will also be in the discussion.
agreed... But Ferguson will be at #5

Ironically, the NSW Team picks itself this year depending on injury etc. Woods, Tamou, Frizell, Cordner & Merrin are also locked in!
Why do Queenslanders need to stick their bib in when it comes to NSW selections...Shouldn't they be out scouring New Zealand Fiji Samao England And PNG for a replacement for GI and CP13...
Are you some kind of dictator or something?

Post Reply

Return to “State of Origin”