Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 259 times

Re: Farah still confident on Origin..

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 10:47 pm

Always someone else's fault...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 10:49 pm

NSW best prospects in no particular order would be

Wallace
Peats
McInnes
Farah

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 10:56 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 15 Apr, 2017 10:47 pm
Always someone else's fault...
I am getting suspicious that the way Robbie tapped the ball to re-commence play after a penalty kick was completely wrong and so it was highly improbable to score on that play.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 15 Apr, 2017 11:04 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Sat 15 Apr, 2017 10:07 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 15 Apr, 2017 7:44 am
southerntiger wrote:
Fri 14 Apr, 2017 7:43 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 14 Apr, 2017 7:36 pm

I can only recall Cook making one decent run out of D/H for his 35 mins in that position. He gave away a bad penalty in our territory when went high on Graham - a clear case no mitigating circumstances, reminisces of Ennis giving away stupid penalties.

If Farah was so slow how come he was into all the action making mini breaks, backing up - everything.?
Mate it is clear you want to believe Farah still has it. He was poor tonight as he has been all season. His inability to throw a pass quickly out of dummy half is, ironically, quickly derailing the Rabbitohs season. He is the slowest hooker in the comp. It is between him and Lichaa for the worst hooker in the comp IMO.
We must have been watching different games last night. He was pretty good and the subtlety of his play out of dummy half was a pleasing.
Having been a hooker myself, albeit an ordinary one, I place emphasise speed for a dummy half. A good hooker is one who gets the ball to his pigs as quickly as possible. Any subtlety and or other attributes are a bonus but, without the speed, also pointless. Farah fails badly on speed. Sadly, it was what he was so good at when he first came into grade.
Speed is important , but knowing when to run and when to feed your backs is more important

I'd suggest not running at a defender and the spend the next 5 seconds looking at the ref pleading for a penalty , it got pretty ho hum after a while :brick:

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Sun 16 Apr, 2017 4:27 am

tell him he's dreamin

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 16 Apr, 2017 7:36 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 15 Apr, 2017 11:04 pm
southerntiger wrote:
Sat 15 Apr, 2017 10:07 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 15 Apr, 2017 7:44 am
southerntiger wrote:
Fri 14 Apr, 2017 7:43 pm

Mate it is clear you want to believe Farah still has it. He was poor tonight as he has been all season. His inability to throw a pass quickly out of dummy half is, ironically, quickly derailing the Rabbitohs season. He is the slowest hooker in the comp. It is between him and Lichaa for the worst hooker in the comp IMO.
We must have been watching different games last night. He was pretty good and the subtlety of his play out of dummy half was a pleasing.
Having been a hooker myself, albeit an ordinary one, I place emphasise speed for a dummy half. A good hooker is one who gets the ball to his pigs as quickly as possible. Any subtlety and or other attributes are a bonus but, without the speed, also pointless. Farah fails badly on speed. Sadly, it was what he was so good at when he first came into grade.
Speed is important , but knowing when to run and when to feed your backs is more important

I'd suggest not running at a defender and the spend the next 5 seconds looking at the ref pleading for a penalty , it got pretty ho hum after a while :brick:
Happy, has McGuire managed to massage that ploy out of him (presuming you are watching the games)?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Sun 16 Apr, 2017 9:13 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 15 Apr, 2017 10:49 pm
NSW best prospects in no particular order would be

Wallace
Peats
McInnes
Farah
Aren't Jayden Brailey and Michael Lichaa the only other regular first graders eligible for NSW?

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 16 Apr, 2017 9:15 am

I reckon they'll go with Wallace.

Swordy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by Swordy » Sun 16 Apr, 2017 10:11 am

Ironic that Farah couldnt get into the origin team for years, and got overlooked. That was simply because no one liked him (players etc). Eventually they had no choice but to pick him, and now this year he still might get the nod because he is the incumbent.

For mine, Wallace is in way better form and provides way better service at the moment and its a no brainer. But, going on our pathetic selection policies of the last few years we will keep picking out of form or down on form players. One good thing is Fulton has gone from anything selection wise, so we should be on the up.

Farah, in his prime was red hot. He no longer offers that same skill and speed. Cant be picked.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Byron Bay Fan

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 25 May, 2017 7:32 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugby-le ... =spartandh

'Blues will prosper without selfish Farah'

Hodges: Blues will prosper without selfish Farah
A Queenslander giving compliments to the Blues? Never.
Recommended for you:Senior Online Dating | MatureFreeAndSingle.com
MatureFreeAndSingle.com/Australia | Sponsored
Well, sort of. Queensland great Justin Hodges has labelled the 2017 Blues squad as the ''best side they’ve picked for a long time'', highlighting the absence of former leader Robbie Farah as the reason why.
Hodges claimed the hooker's selfish style of play was one of New South Wales' biggest issues.
“The big guy that stands out there for me is Nathan Peats. I think he’s going to be outstanding for them,'' Hodges told Fox Sports' Queenslander Only.
“I’m glad they didn’t pick Robbie Farah, I think the days of Robbie Farah are gone.
“He’s just past his day. He’s a guy that plays for himself. In Origin football you can’t play for yourself, you need your teammates to win games.
“Especially those big moments, you can’t have a player doing what he wants to do, you’ve got to always do what the team wants to do.”

© Provided by Sportal com au
Maroons legend Billy Moore pointed out another culprit.
“You knew with (Paul) Gallen and Farah what you were going to get,” Moore said.
“We saw it for a decade, it came out the same way — it was intense but it was predictable.
“These two guys (Peats and new lock Tyson Frizell), especially Peats, they bring something different

Swordy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by Swordy » Thu 25 May, 2017 7:37 pm

Farah giving average service, Gallen not getting in the way and taking two hit ups per set, and Bird not getting in the way and taking the other two hit ups per set might actually see NSW play like a proper team with everyone getting a go.

Eventually NSW will work out that you need to score more points, because trying to reduce Queenslands point with good defence has not worked, and never has and never will.

Origin is different to club footy. Every player is great, this is the best of the best and you are wasting time stifling natural talent.

Hodges is right, 100%
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Return to “State of Origin”