Woods and Tedesco

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 157 times

Re: Woods and Tedesco

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 3:58 pm

The 2 moments that stuck out for me for Woods was when he almost got put on his backside off a no frills hit up from Justin O'Neill and when he slipped over when NSW were defending their goal line. As a player i've been fine with him going ever since somebody posted clips of him during the Dragons game. He had been back on to the field for not even 5 minutes when Saints made a break, and he was the last guy to get back in the line. He should have been one of our freshest players at that point. Pure laziness.

Gary Bakerloo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 4:25 pm

I thought Woods played well considering the circumstances before the match. He would have been told during the week that he would be subbed for Klemmer and that the two of them would never on the field at the same time. It would have been hard to pick himself up emotionally and play the way he did.

Black'n'White
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 4:51 pm

I dont know what most of you were watching. Woods was dominated in 90% of contact both offensive and defensively. I almost want to go get all his work and put it in a short video to show you all how bad it was if you could isolate him from the team performance. He was a disaster, and Im not coming from a bitter place when saying so.

Black'n'White
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 4:52 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 4:25 pm
I thought Woods played well considering the circumstances before the match. He would have been told during the week that he would be subbed for Klemmer and that the two of them would never on the field at the same time. It would have been hard to pick himself up emotionally and play the way he did.
you have to be kidding dont you?

jirskyr
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 6:39 pm

I thought Woods did fine, not his best game, not his worst.

People criticise easily but Woods and Fifita were out there to see off the Maroons opening barrage and that's exactly what they did. You can pin Woods down for some slow PTBs or sloppy tackles, fine, but he took early hitups and got his metres.

Klemmer came on and did well but he was subbed against a fatigued team and opposed a weak Maroons bench - Thaiday, Guerra, Lillyman, little go-forward there at all. So Klemmer did well but he was not opening batsman.

Woods ended up w 136m from 36 minutes, I'm still surprised when people criticise so much props who run 100+ minutes per half of footy. You can point to his contract value at Tigers, that's fair, but everyone gets the same match payment at Origin.

So IMO Woods was outplayed by two props, luckily for us they were ours - Fifita and Klemmer.

Earl
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Earl » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 6:47 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 4:52 pm
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 4:25 pm
you have to be kidding dont you?
I thought the initial comment was absolute gold. The reason he was so bad is because he knew he would only be playing half a game and his buddy wouldn't be on the field with him.

Honestly the guy just isn't a great player. He is pretty much a plodder. He will have the occasional great game but it's rare. He gets consistent metres but they are often really soft and his defence is pretty similar.

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 64 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 6:54 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 6:39 pm

People criticise easily but Woods and Fifita were out there to see off the Maroons opening barrage and that's exactly what they did. You can pin Woods down for some slow PTBs or sloppy tackles, fine, but he took early hitups and got his metres.

Klemmer came on and did well but he was subbed against a fatigued team and opposed a weak Maroons bench - Thaiday, Guerra, Lillyman, little go-forward there at all. So Klemmer did well but he was not opening batsman.

Woods ended up w 136m from 36 minutes, I'm still surprised when people criticise so much props who run 100+ minutes per half of footy. You can point to his contract value at Tigers, that's fair, but everyone gets the same match payment at Origin.

So IMO Woods was outplayed by two props, luckily for us they were ours - Fifita and Klemmer.

Finally a balanced view of Woods' performance, without all the emotional bias clouding judgment!

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 7:02 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 6:54 pm
jirskyr wrote:

Finally a balanced view of Woods' performance, without all the emotional bias clouding judgment!
Nothing bias about stating how he got knocked on his backside by a centre. That's a fact.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 45 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 7:35 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 6:54 pm
jirskyr wrote:

Il agree with that, it's a good assessment of Woods and Klemmers games, they both did their jobs well.
It's one hell of a forward pack.and a hell of a good Bench

Needaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Needaname » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 7:39 pm

Like it or not woods did the dirty work in that first 20.
He made all the carriers that if fifita had of took them he would then not have the energy or space to make the runs he made when he took his carries.

In other words woods took the first hit up, allowing fifita to benefit from the next play.

In comparison with us. Woods is our fafita. Ava or Sue makes our first carries mostly which means woods Gets more freedom with his runs. So we are used to seeing him have more of a game like fafita.

NSW definetly benefited from him doing the tough work last night.
Watch the lead up to the first Try again for an example of what I am stateing.

Fade To Black
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 8:18 pm

Tigerles wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 9:00 am
imo woods looked out of place, got a couple of off loads away, but other than that was average at best.
easily the worst of the nsw forwards, along with cordner.
Tedesco was good, but was made to look pretty average at one stage by the footwork of a.guerra, if dugan hadn't knock the ball free as Guerra was about to score, it would not have been a good look for Tedesco. this should be a worry to him as you would hardly say that Guerra has a lot of footwork. one other try saver he got credit for was from the work of jake.t.
Geez mate Cordner was a machine last night, was extremely close to man of the match IMO. Would of had pretty good stats, he was involved in everything for the full 80. Superb captain's knock.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 9:42 pm

Needaname wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 7:39 pm
Like it or not woods did the dirty work in that first 20.
He made all the carriers that if fifita had of took them he would then not have the energy or space to make the runs he made when he took his carries.

In other words woods took the first hit up, allowing fifita to benefit from the next play.

In comparison with us. Woods is our fafita. Ava or Sue makes our first carries mostly which means woods Gets more freedom with his runs. So we are used to seeing him have more of a game like fafita.

NSW definetly benefited from him doing the tough work last night.
Watch the lead up to the first Try again for an example of what I am stateing.
What tough work did he do? He loafed around and took the third run every second set LOL Some people....

Return to “State of Origin”