Woods and Tedesco

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3222
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 118 times

Re: Woods and Tedesco

Unread post by Russell » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 8:46 am

stryker wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:44 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:41 pm
:roll Stryk and Gunther. Don't have so much hate in you. Ted was near enough best on ground and Woods' offloads early in the game were brilliant with 3 or 4 defenders hanging off him. Which one of you blokes are on the top bunk tonight? Goodnight sweet prince's . Don't let the bedbugs bite!
Woods was garbage and QLD owned the middle whilst he was out there.
Ted was MOM.
You keep believing that... the game goes for 80 minutes!


goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5407
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 8:50 am

Earl wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 7:12 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 1:52 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 11:30 pm
Earl wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 11:07 pm


I feel exactly the same way. I couldn't care less about these dogs of human beings
. Woods I respect a lot because he is such an average player and he left.
Seriously mate? Two blokes you've never ever met and, apart from watching them play football, you know absolutely nothing about and you call them 'dogs of human beings?' Wow! :crazy
It says more about them than about anything else. Even schoolkids have more brains than to go on like that over some one who has done nothing at all to them.
Some of these blokes seem to think that players should live their life , and make decisions to please them. .
I used to think that "the kennel" was the sickest footy forum in the game, but this one is getting close to it. No wonder Happy gave us a miss. . There are some good people on this forum, unfortunately there are some who Have a very warped view about what people owe them.
If you feel so strongly about them guys, why don't you tell them this crap to their face ,
That'd be different though, you'd need a bit of courage to do that, wouldn't you.
Better stick to cowardly attacking people that are probably a much better person than you cowards will ever be.
Grow up you fools and get a brain, , although it's probably too late for some of you lot.
Cowardly attacks ? What are you on about. Those two are disgusting human beings. As for saying it to their face. I wouldn't say anything to their face other than exactly what I state on here.

As for being better person than me. I don't dog people. I'm better than them right there.
Gutless people usually hide behind anonymity for a good reason, they are exactly that, gutless.
Poor little princess , lost his hero , so now that hero is a disgusting person. You must be a great example to your kids if you have any.

Tigerles
Member
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue 20 Dec, 2016 1:34 pm
Location: Grafton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Tigerles » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 9:00 am

imo woods looked out of place, got a couple of off loads away, but other than that was average at best.
easily the worst of the nsw forwards, along with cordner.
Tedesco was good, but was made to look pretty average at one stage by the footwork of a.guerra, if dugan hadn't knock the ball free as Guerra was about to score, it would not have been a good look for Tedesco. this should be a worry to him as you would hardly say that Guerra has a lot of footwork. one other try saver he got credit for was from the work of jake.t.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 9:09 am

Lol at goldcoast tiger chastising people for hating players when he has openly hated coaches and administration of the club for years. Hypocrite much?

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5407
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 9:11 am

Russell wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 8:46 am
stryker wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:44 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:41 pm
:roll Stryk and Gunther. Don't have so much hate in you. Ted was near enough best on ground and Woods' offloads early in the game were brilliant with 3 or 4 defenders hanging off him. Which one of you blokes are on the top bunk tonight? Goodnight sweet prince's . Don't let the bedbugs bite!
Woods was garbage and QLD owned the middle whilst he was out there.
Ted was MOM.
You keep believing that... the game goes for 80 minutes!
I just noticed that Stryker comes from Cairns, that explains a lot.
Especially after a flogging that Qld was given. :lol:


Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1607
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am
Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by Earl » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 9:15 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 8:50 am
Earl wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 7:12 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 1:52 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 11:30 pm


Seriously mate? Two blokes you've never ever met and, apart from watching them play football, you know absolutely nothing about and you call them 'dogs of human beings?' Wow! :crazy
It says more about them than about anything else. Even schoolkids have more brains than to go on like that over some one who has done nothing at all to them.
Some of these blokes seem to think that players should live their life , and make decisions to please them. .
I used to think that "the kennel" was the sickest footy forum in the game, but this one is getting close to it. No wonder Happy gave us a miss. . There are some good people on this forum, unfortunately there are some who Have a very warped view about what people owe them.
If you feel so strongly about them guys, why don't you tell them this crap to their face ,
That'd be different though, you'd need a bit of courage to do that, wouldn't you.
Better stick to cowardly attacking people that are probably a much better person than you cowards will ever be.
Grow up you fools and get a brain, , although it's probably too late for some of you lot.
Cowardly attacks ? What are you on about. Those two are disgusting human beings. As for saying it to their face. I wouldn't say anything to their face other than exactly what I state on here.

As for being better person than me. I don't dog people. I'm better than them right there.
Gutless people usually hide behind anonymity for a good reason, they are exactly that, gutless.
Poor little princess , lost his hero , so now that hero is a disgusting person. You must be a great example to your kids if you have any.
Yes I am a great example to my kids. I have 25 of them. I'm also the furthest thing from a princess.

Yes Tedesco, Woods and Moses are disgusting people. They definitely aren't my heros.

I am really struggling to understand why you feel that you are superior to me because I can't stand these traitors. Are you the same guy that goes on about Robbie and how bad the club is all the time ? It just makes no sense to me unless you are either a fake dalai lama or you have some agenda against the club.

pdenny77
Member
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat 16 Feb, 2013 8:06 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by pdenny77 » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 9:50 am

Blokes arguing on a forum. Gold.

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by momo&medo » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 9:54 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 11:22 pm
stryker wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:56 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:51 pm
stryker wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:44 pm


Woods was garbage and QLD owned the middle whilst he was out there.
Ted was MOM.
Come on mate, you know that's just not true - your hatred is blinding your judgment big time. I thought you were better than that.
Of course its true. When he came off at the 20 minute mark (first interchange lol) his jersey looked like it had just came out of the dryer. NSW started winning the ruck when he was replaced.
Nah right from the start with Woods and Fifita, NSW dominated and Klemmer & Woods still provided plenty of go forward when they were on together in the second half, as well.

As for him being replaced with 7 minutes to go - it was 28-4! I suspect that Woods is still carrying that hamstring injury, so why leave him on until the end when the game is all over. I admit he has played better in Origin in the past, but he still did his bit tonight to help get NSW the win.

Woods is never gonna be a hard running Webcke or a Fifita type prop, so I don't know why people continue to harp on about it. He's a workhorse, metre making prop (like others before him) and he always goes forward effectively, making over 100 metres every week, whether we win or lose - every team needs one of them.
Yep ..... they both had great games supported by a great side. So crying in my coffee this morning like the rest of you guys.
Just the fact that NSW had those tacklers Jackson, Graham, Cordner and Peats.
Wow .... they are the sort of players Cleary should be searching for.

User avatar
Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 40 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 10:08 am

Teddy was excellent last night, woods was good.

I agree that that his defence was better than it has been for us however, if anyone thinks that the team playing around him had nothing to do with the outcome then IMO they are mistaken.

The try saver on the line was due to Trobojavic making the low down tackle. the tackle in the corner was because the winger made a the tackle around the legs and the one on one was because a blues defender was coming across to cover which meant the Qld winger didn't have an option and in fact looked to surrender to the tackle. I will agree his positional play in those was great.

Tigerles
Member
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue 20 Dec, 2016 1:34 pm
Location: Grafton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Tigerles » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 10:15 am

for those that are of the belief that woods had a good game, need to watch it again. apart from a couple off loads, imo he was crap, made very little impact with his runs or tackling, looked either unfit or out of his depth, never seen him dominated in so many tackles, way below what he is capable off. made klemmer look good. woods had no drive when he hit (ran into) the line.

Tigerles
Member
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue 20 Dec, 2016 1:34 pm
Location: Grafton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Tigerles » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 10:17 am

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 10:08 am
Teddy was excellent last night, woods was good.

I agree that that his defence was better than it has been for us however, if anyone thinks that the team playing around him had nothing to do with the outcome then IMO they are mistaken.

The try saver on the line was due to Trobojavic making the low down tackle. the tackle in the corner was because the winger made a the tackle around the legs and the one on one was because a blues defender was coming across to cover which meant the Qld winger didn't have an option and in fact looked to surrender to the tackle. I will agree his positional play in those was great.
Guerra made Tedesco look very poor when he quite easily stepped around him one on one

tigerbalm
Member
Member
Posts: 999
Joined: Sun 19 Feb, 2012 7:32 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by tigerbalm » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 10:24 am

was bitter sweet watching teddy last night... anyways, onward and upwards!

As for the future dog, we really dodged a bullet there. Seeya woodsy! grab those origin jerseys why you can!

User avatar
Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 40 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 10:47 am

Tigerles wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 10:17 am
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 10:08 am
Teddy was excellent last night, woods was good.

I agree that that his defence was better than it has been for us however, if anyone thinks that the team playing around him had nothing to do with the outcome then IMO they are mistaken.

The try saver on the line was due to Trobojavic making the low down tackle. the tackle in the corner was because the winger made a the tackle around the legs and the one on one was because a blues defender was coming across to cover which meant the Qld winger didn't have an option and in fact looked to surrender to the tackle. I will agree his positional play in those was great.
Guerra made Tedesco look very poor when he quite easily stepped around him one on one
yep thats true.

Magpie Magic
Member
Member
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon 05 Apr, 2010 2:17 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Magpie Magic » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 11:36 am

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 10:47 am
Tigerles wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 10:17 am
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 10:08 am
Teddy was excellent last night, woods was good.

I agree that that his defence was better than it has been for us however, if anyone thinks that the team playing around him had nothing to do with the outcome then IMO they are mistaken.

The try saver on the line was due to Trobojavic making the low down tackle. the tackle in the corner was because the winger made a the tackle around the legs and the one on one was because a blues defender was coming across to cover which meant the Qld winger didn't have an option and in fact looked to surrender to the tackle. I will agree his positional play in those was great.
Guerra made Tedesco look very poor when he quite easily stepped around him one on one
yep thats true.
What about Boyds miss on Maloney for first try.
Teddys a star and may miss playing with us under Cleary and the new big offloading forwards. At Easts he will be re united with JT. :D

Tigerles
Member
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue 20 Dec, 2016 1:34 pm
Location: Grafton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Tigerles » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 11:40 am

Magpie Magic wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 11:36 am
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 10:47 am
Tigerles wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 10:17 am
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 10:08 am
Teddy was excellent last night, woods was good.

I agree that that his defence was better than it has been for us however, if anyone thinks that the team playing around him had nothing to do with the outcome then IMO they are mistaken.

The try saver on the line was due to Trobojavic making the low down tackle. the tackle in the corner was because the winger made a the tackle around the legs and the one on one was because a blues defender was coming across to cover which meant the Qld winger didn't have an option and in fact looked to surrender to the tackle. I will agree his positional play in those was great.
Guerra made Tedesco look very poor when he quite easily stepped around him one on one
yep thats true.
What about Boyds miss on Maloney for first try.
Teddys a star and may miss playing with us under Cleary and the new big offloading forwards. At Easts he will be re united with JT. :D
that will be interesting, especially after taylor said it would be disrespectful if he and woods didn't sign with the tigers

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5407
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 12:39 pm

Earl wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 9:15 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 8:50 am
Earl wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 7:12 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 1:52 am


It says more about them than about anything else. Even schoolkids have more brains than to go on like that over some one who has done nothing at all to them.
Some of these blokes seem to think that players should live their life , and make decisions to please them. .
I used to think that "the kennel" was the sickest footy forum in the game, but this one is getting close to it. No wonder Happy gave us a miss. . There are some good people on this forum, unfortunately there are some who Have a very warped view about what people owe them.
If you feel so strongly about them guys, why don't you tell them this crap to their face ,
That'd be different though, you'd need a bit of courage to do that, wouldn't you.
Better stick to cowardly attacking people that are probably a much better person than you cowards will ever be.
Grow up you fools and get a brain, , although it's probably too late for some of you lot.
Cowardly attacks ? What are you on about. Those two are disgusting human beings. As for saying it to their face. I wouldn't say anything to their face other than exactly what I state on here.

As for being better person than me. I don't dog people. I'm better than them right there.
Gutless people usually hide behind anonymity for a good reason, they are exactly that, gutless.
Poor little princess , lost his hero , so now that hero is a disgusting person. You must be a great example to your kids if you have any.
Yes I am a great example to my kids. I have 25 of them. I'm also the furthest thing from a princess.

Yes Tedesco, Woods and Moses are disgusting people. They definitely aren't my heros.

I am really struggling to understand why you feel that you are superior to me because I can't stand these traitors. Are you the same guy that goes on about Robbie and how bad the club is all the time ? It just makes no sense to me unless you are either a fake dalai lama or you have some agenda against the club.
Never said I was better than you. But I'm certainly different, thank God.
I've never said the club was disgusting Dogs or anything like that, just that they have been a basket case for years.
I never even said that Taylor was disgusting or a dog or anything like that, but I do think that he is right up there with the nrl most useless Coaches.
Yes, I thought it was stupid to get rid of Farah especially when we still had to pay most of his contract.
And yes I think that Ballin is the worst buy we've made in a long time,
And yes, I do think that people have to be some sort of Special Cretin to insult and degrade someone purely because they don't get that person to do what they want, or think they should do, ( especially when they don't even know them)
And I do hope your 25 kids grow up to be good people , who can express their opinions without getting into gutter sniping.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 4863
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 111 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 12:45 pm

stryker wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 8:45 am
InBenjiWeTrust wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 8:01 am
Many experts on this forum said there he is the worst defender of all FBs, and totally ineffective in attack. What a biased glasses full of hate do to you :brick:
He owed Dugan, Boyd at al, again. :D
He is without any doubt, the best FB in NRL, and arguably worth the money he will receive.
It wasnt just the "experts" on here, it is backed up by verifiable facts from his career. He misses many makeable tackles in clubland and is not always in position to save the try. That is a fact backed up by numerous instances. A couple of weeks ago his defence at the back was cowardly. He defended like a man possessed last night and it shocked most people. He was selected in the side for his x factor in attack, however his defence rivalled Slater at his peak. Lets see if he brings this back to the Tigers.
I agree with this.

Tedesco was very reliable under the high ball, got into the attack early and then his whole game got going after that Pearce try, including defence.

But I agree if you look back to the Souths game for example, his defence was pathetic. It is absolutely different trying to cover for club defensive frailties vs Origin, but it was about his intensity last night that I think miffed a lot of people, as mostly evident by the tackle on Gagai where he ran one side to the other, even when the game was won.

Where is that intensity for the Tigers week on week? He's clearly a fabulous footballer but in the last 7-8 rounds I've seen Tedesco essentially try too hard in attack and be regularly beaten in defence, almost like he had given up. Sure it's not entirely his fault, the team as a whole is down, and it might be easier to play in an Origin team where everyone is generally in good form and near the best at what they do.

The one saving grace amongst the bittersweet feelings is that such a performance was like Farah's landmark 67 tackle SOO Game II, it's pretty much the nail in the coffin to any other contenders for the job - you could not possibly give Moylan a look in now, which is great, because I dislike Moylan very much.

User avatar
Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 891
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Second Heaven
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Thu 01 Jun, 2017 3:50 pm

Tigerles wrote:
Thu 01 Jun, 2017 10:15 am
for those that are of the belief that woods had a good game, need to watch it again. apart from a couple off loads, imo he was crap, made very little impact with his runs or tackling, looked either unfit or out of his depth, never seen him dominated in so many tackles, way below what he is capable off. made klemmer look good. woods had no drive when he hit (ran into) the line.
Still carrying injury, played ok considering this.

Post Reply

Return to “State of Origin”