Been liked: 9 times

Re: Woods and Tedesco

Unread post by diedpretty » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:50 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:18 pm
shakey4d wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:13 pm
Woods should be replaced by Vaughn.
Why? He played well and he always has at this level, he's been an integral part of the Blues side for a few years now and his team won 28-4! No need for changes.
You have to be kidding - he was the weak link in the NSW pack - he may have had an off night because he has stood up in origin before but tonight - no way.

Telltails
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by Telltails » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:51 pm

Yep they both performed well - but so did the whole team.No bad players in the Blues tonight congrats to Laurie and the boys but I expect QLD to make changes and be a whole lot different in game 2.

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:51 pm

stryker wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:44 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:41 pm
:roll Stryk and Gunther. Don't have so much hate in you. Ted was near enough best on ground and Woods' offloads early in the game were brilliant with 3 or 4 defenders hanging off him. Which one of you blokes are on the top bunk tonight? Goodnight sweet prince's . Don't let the bedbugs bite!
Woods was garbage and QLD owned the middle whilst he was out there.
Ted was MOM.
Come on mate, you know that's just not true - your hatred is blinding your judgment big time. I thought you were better than that.

JRD
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by JRD » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:51 pm

Maybe tedesco should wear a blues jumper under his tigers jumper on Saturday

diedpretty
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:53 pm

TSupps05 wrote:
Tedesco had a blinder, just goes to show what this bloke can do behind a motivated forward pack with some mongrel...
Pity the traitor didn't wait to see what sort of pack he may have had next year.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 141 times

Unread post by stryker » Wed 31 May, 2017 10:56 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:51 pm
stryker wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
:roll Stryk and Gunther. Don't have so much hate in you. Ted was near enough best on ground and Woods' offloads early in the game were brilliant with 3 or 4 defenders hanging off him. Which one of you blokes are on the top bunk tonight? Goodnight sweet prince's . Don't let the bedbugs bite!
Ted was MOM.
Come on mate, you know that's just not true - your hatred is blinding your judgment big time. I thought you were better than that.
Of course its true. When he came off at the 20 minute mark (first interchange lol) his jersey looked like it had just came out of the dryer. NSW started winning the ruck when he was replaced.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 38 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:02 pm

stryker wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:35 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:30 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 7:06 pm
:rant going to get smashed tonight. Don't worry though some youngsters will get a go and it won't effect the results much.

Go queensland
Geez your not much of a prediction expert are you??

Never mind, it just points out how good a player can play when he has good players around him, instead of plodders..
Tedesco was brilliant tonight in both attack and defence, and hopefully does it again next game, and on Sunday,
Woods went well also,
He deserves plenty of credit for his game tonight.
So much for the death riders here
Lol good of you to have a go at the guy after the fact. Are you Gus Gould?
What the hell are you talking about?

Earl
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by Earl » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:07 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:20 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:02 pm
old man tiger wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 9:45 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 9:18 pm

X2 Some people really need to build a bridge and get over it!
Totally disagree.
Tedesco can suddenly tackle when he doesn't wear a tigers jersey. I have more ill will towards him now as it has amde it clearer he has been dogging it.
YOU got to be kidding. Bit twisted!
Maybe because I don't care too much about origin, in the modern game it is just a cash grab. To me this is like watching an exhibition match. I only follow league for the Tigers and hearing current players, local juniors, say we aren't good enough for them has eroded any care factor I might otherwise have had.

I definitely can't say I'm unbiased, but he pulled off some great defence in this game, and watches the opposition stroll past in ours.
I feel exactly the same way. I couldn't care less about these dogs of human beings. Woods I respect a lot because he is such an average player and he left.

Fade To Black
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 41 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:07 pm

stryker wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
Ted was MOM.
Woods may of been garbage if you say, but he was better than any Qld prop. That is saying something eh?
Hope Nate can still soil the hotel carpet with his arm in a sling............
Ted wasnt MOM, luckily Fifita the dog was-will be down the TAB tomorrow for a collect. Boyd Cordner was an absolute standout, great choice making him captain. Roosters are lucky to have that bloke for $400k pa plus brown paper bags.

Earl

Unread post by Earl » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:10 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
:rant going to get smashed tonight. Don't worry though some youngsters will get a go and it won't effect the results much.

Go queensland

Never mind, it just points out how good a player can play when he has good players around him, instead of plodders..
Tedesco was brilliant tonight in both attack and defence, and hopefully does it again next game, and on Sunday,
Woods went well also,
Woods was ordinary. He played his typical game and he basically isn't effective at all.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 38 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:12 pm

Earl wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 11:10 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
AnnandaleTiger wrote:

Go queensland

Woods went well also,
Woods was ordinary. He played his typical game and he basically isn't effective at all.
Ha ha ha, the Hate Bug has really had a feast here, hasn't it. I'm not one of Woods's biggest fans, but he was really good tonight, and will be there for a long time if he keeps it up

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 141 times

Unread post by stryker » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:15 pm

Really good LOL so easily pleased

Fade To Black
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 41 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:16 pm

stryker wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:56 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
stryker wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
Ted was MOM.
Of course its true. When he came off at the 20 minute mark (first interchange lol) his jersey looked like it had just came out of the dryer. NSW started winning the ruck when he was replaced.
Is there ever a game where one of the starting props isn't 1st interchange? Not sure why the LOL about that.
Can't stand Woods or Tedesco, my priorities lie solely with WT, but as long as they play for NSW I will be hoping they get to laugh over QLD.

Nelson
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 45 times

Unread post by Nelson » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:18 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 11:12 pm
Earl wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
AnnandaleTiger wrote:

Go queensland

Woods went well also,
Ha ha ha, the Hate Bug has really had a feast here, hasn't it. I'm not one of Woods's biggest fans, but he was really good tonight, and will be there for a long time if he keeps it up
He was not "really good". His defence was poor at times and while he did some positive things in attack he also had a couple of momentum killing runs. I wouldn't drop him on the back of it but Fifita, Klemmer and Trbojevic all offered more for mine.

ku5tom
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by ku5tom » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:19 pm

Woods was pretty good tonight and Tedesco was 10/10 hopefully they can bring those performances to the club for the rest of the reason.

Earl

Unread post by Earl » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:19 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 11:12 pm
Earl wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
AnnandaleTiger wrote:

Go queensland

Woods went well also,
I honestly don't get how anyone can say he was good. He played heaps less minutes because he has such a poor impact to the team. The coaching staff recognised he wasn't getting the job done.

I've never thought he was good. I was happy when he left. There is definitely no hate bug there. I hate Tedesco because he can play.

AnnandaleTiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:21 pm

I still hope they both have season ending injuries and don't want to see them in the tigers jersey again - I would prefer to see youngsters there even if we get towled up.

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Wed 31 May, 2017 11:22 pm

stryker wrote:
Wed 31 May, 2017 10:56 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
stryker wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
Ted was MOM.
Nah right from the start with Woods and Fifita, NSW dominated and Klemmer & Woods still provided plenty of go forward when they were on together in the second half, as well.

As for him being replaced with 7 minutes to go - it was 28-4! I suspect that Woods is still carrying that hamstring injury, so why leave him on until the end when the game is all over. I admit he has played better in Origin in the past, but he still did his bit tonight to help get NSW the win.

Woods is never gonna be a hard running Webcke or a Fifita type prop, so I don't know why people continue to harp on about it. He's a workhorse, metre making prop (like others before him) and he always goes forward effectively, making over 100 metres every week, whether we win or lose - every team needs one of them.

Return to “State of Origin”