Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Origin 11 *Live thread..

Unread post by cktiger » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:17 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:03 am
cktiger wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 6:01 am
Hopefully, after a day or so, someone will find all the cameras that go missing when QLD score a dubious try. Amazing in one of the biggest games of the year there was only one camera shot of Holmes try available and a decision was made in about 3 seconds. Funny that.
Please change the record. Stryker is right, the refs are your go to excuse after an Origin loss. You are a not a very good loser. The carrying on in these thread's after NSW lose is nothing short of embarrassing.
Sorry to upset you're little applecart.
For the record I also don't think Pearce is up to it and Peats is no more than average.
You can go back to being a contented loser now.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 186 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:22 am

cktiger wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:17 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
cktiger wrote:
Hopefully, after a day or so, someone will find all the cameras that go missing when QLD score a dubious try. Amazing in one of the biggest games of the year there was only one camera shot of Holmes try available and a decision was made in about 3 seconds. Funny that.
Please change the record. Stryker is right, the refs are your go to excuse after an Origin loss. You are a not a very good loser. The carrying on in these thread's after NSW lose is nothing short of embarrassing.
For the record I also don't think Pearce is up to it and Peats is no more than average.
Lol i don't follow anyone, so im neither a winner or loser. But thanks for the condescension anyhow.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:36 am

cktiger wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:17 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
cktiger wrote:
I agree with you re Peats, he can be fast out of DH but those opportunities are limited. He does not possess the full arsenal of what a top DH can do. Can he read the numbers where the opposition defence are? Can he do the quick beautiful grubber near the line? Can he do the quick kick down the field finding gaps or the line at will? Maybe but I cannot recall.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

tigerbenji
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by tigerbenji » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:44 am

We were poor in the 2nd half, But gee they get some decisions go there way.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:48 am

tigerbenji wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:44 am
We were poor in the 2nd half, But gee they get some decisions go there way.
The offside pass was it from Thurston when on the ground, all the NSW team protested and from the bad camera angle it looked shocking but no action taken.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:52 am

As an impartial observer, i really am scratching my head working out where NSW were dudded. I've seen complaints about the stripping penalty late in the game Qld received on their line. The strip was as clear as day and a penalty everyday of the week. On the other hand i haven't seen anyone complain about Fifita taking Slatee out as he chased a kick when Qld were on the attack. That seems conveniently forgotten. I just don't understand why NSW have to constantly blame the officiating. And its always the same supporters too. I'm sure some would be so delusional to argue its the only reason Qld have been so dominant for over a decade.

momo&medo
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by momo&medo » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 8:06 am

I was going to turn off 15 minutes into 2nd half.
Queensland playing like rabble. Worst performance from them in god knows how long.
Forwards ineffective, kicking game nonexistent .... thought I was watching our blokes!
How NSW lost that, with players they had on the park, is unbelievable.
From that point in the game Pearce, once again, showed that he only performs when things around him run smoothly.
Fifita was ineffective and Hayne abismal show pony.
Without Duggan effort the shoreline would have been worse.
Must say that both Woods and Teddy played well.
For me the Queensland old brigade won that miracle and .... the NSW threw it away.
It's going to be tough in Brisbane but we have the players to win.

momo&medo
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by momo&medo » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 8:09 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:52 am
As an impartial observer, i really am scratching my head working out where NSW were dudded. I've seen complaints about the stripping penalty late in the game Qld received on their line. The strip was as clear as day and a penalty everyday of the week. On the other hand i haven't seen anyone complain about Fifita taking Slatee out as he chased a kick when Qld were on the attack. That seems conveniently forgotten. I just don't understand why NSW have to constantly blame the officiating. And its always the same supporters too. I'm sure some would be so delusional to argue its the only reason Qld have been so dominant for over a decade.
Yes this whinge about the refs is just crap.
Very poor form from people that should be able to see that NSW just gave that game away.

Earl
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by Earl » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 8:14 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 6:22 am
I have not followed the debate due to being down club but what stuck out for me was Peats not chasing a guy towards the end of the game, he did a Woodsy and just let him run around him when about 20 metres out from the line. Maybe Peats can't handle 80 minutes. Woods was mainly ineffective, so predictable.
I think Robbie should have been chosen over Peats. That was Woods best game in years but as you state he is basically ineffective. He had a decent start but then it was back to good old Woodsy who is pretty ordinary.

Trbojevic impressed me a lot. He isn't a big prop but he gets consistent metres with a decent play the ball, he can ball play and he hits in defence.

As for the refs being the problem that is laughable. NSW just had too many dud players. Hayne & Pearce top the list. The coach though is also dumb.

Earl
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by Earl » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 8:20 am

Onthebus wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 6:59 am
Good to see Jayne Hayne thinking about the team once again

Deadset useless
What a dud of a player. He has all the ability in the world but it's all about him.

diedpretty
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 8:49 am

stryker wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:39 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:32 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:08 pm
Game 3 decider. JT and Cronk's farewell's, at Suncorp. Do you think Qld might be pumped up?
NSW have no chance!
JT would be long odds to play. NSW have a very skillful and tough side but they dont have champions yet. Could be a 10 out 10 game.
Don't think so - i think Qld will thump them - NSW would be devaststed losing that game - should have had it sown up by half time but a few poor decisions in attack and some good defence kept Qld in at halftime. I don't think NSW can build themselves up for it.

diedpretty
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 8:56 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 6:22 am
I have not followed the debate due to being down club but what stuck out for me was Peats not chasing a guy towards the end of the game, he did a Woodsy and just let him run around him when about 20 metres out from the line. Maybe Peats can't handle 80 minutes. Woods was mainly ineffective, so predictable.
Woods was good in his first stint but boy he was ordinary in his second. Yea i agree on Peats - he looked gone with a bout 20 minutes to go - wasn't getting to the play ball quickly - threw a few sloppy passes from dummy half. You could see he needed a break.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 9:10 am

Game 3 has the smell already of a 40 point blow out. I think Qld will be too pumped up. Its the end of an era with Cronk and JT playing their last games, and at home. All the pressure will be on the Blues after blowing their chance to clinch the series after being in the drivers seat. Pretty gut wrenching position to be in. I think Loz might be looking for a new job in 3 weeks.

DonnyBrasco

Unread post by DonnyBrasco » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 9:26 am

the fix is in...

foot on the line, forward passes, tackling the chaser, etc etc etc
Tigers for 2022!

TIGER
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 9:29 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:52 am
Did you close your eyes the two times that 2 Qld players took out the NSW player chasing a kick?

Onthebus
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Onthebus » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 9:30 am

Wonder if Pearce goes missing again in game 3

Hook Hayne, he is no team player, all about himself.

jirskyr
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 124 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 9:39 am

Of course there were bad ref calls, everyone can agree on that. Not having a reverse shot on the Holmes try for starters was very surprising, I mean they had 2 cameras in the sky and I could see up Wade Graham's nose, but only one shot where I felt Holmes' heel was fairly clearly on the chalk, or at least begging for a side or rear shot. They legit didn't have one? There would be a side shot even at Belmore Oval, how is there not one at Homebush?

A few other glaring ones, Darius Boyd absolutely should have been penalised for checking the kicker. I accept it is Origin and there is more leeway, and for jostling I'll cop that, but you can't lean into a chaser with your shoulder and wrap your arms half around him, everyone saw it live and on telly.

Graham on Napa, that was a loose carry but I can understand how the refs called it, it's one of those unfortunate 50/50s because via cameras you can see Graham is only affecting a tackle, there's no raking motion, but live they've seen him tackle around the ball and it's come loose. Could have gone either way.

But the QLDers do have a point, you can argue conspiracies all you like, but the refs couldn't legitimately get away with affecting a result, even if you truly believed it was their mandate, you just can't control footy like that. The refs didn't make NSW fall off tackles and drop footballs.

NSW had more options to score and we bombed them, QLD had limited options but they made them count. In the end QLD applied all the pressure and NSW were just trying to hang on, but there were a few too many repeat sets and we lost the ability to keep them out. And despite getting run across the sideline a few times, QLD continued to attack our LHS and it yielded fruit, our line speed fell away and we gave QLD far too much space and time to pick holes in our line.

NSW should have finished stronger, we've had the bigger and stronger pack for both games, but we got panicked last night and went into our shell. Started shifting the ball and going for risky passes instead of punching it through the middle. I feel Daley subbed Fifita and Woods on a bit late, the QLDers had already started to assert control. Mitchell Pearce is not a clutch footballer, his kicks were horrible and throwing that bad pass to Hayne was typical of his lack of composure.

jirskyr
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 124 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 9:42 am

Fox Sports have a good analysis of the Holmes try
http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/leagu ... ide!629858

Return to “State of Origin”