Origin 11 *Live thread..

User avatar
Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 10353
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Origin 11 *Live thread..

Unread post by Tigerdave » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 11:53 am

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 9:42 am
Fox Sports have a good analysis of the Holmes try
http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/leagu ... ide!629858
all that showed was a severe lack of cameras

anyway it's done, just hope there's not the same in game 3


Wayne Turner
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri 21 Apr, 2017 5:51 pm
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Wayne Turner » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 11:58 am

willow wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 4:13 am
QLD deserved the win. NSW only did everything right for 40 minutes. They shut up shop in the second half and Andrew Johns is right to have a go at them. They played dumb. JT was struggling defensively and the Blues went away from attacking QLD right edge, and they also stopped using the inside ball for Tedesco. The only change I'd consider making for NSW is getting Dugan out of the centres for someone like James Roberts, who has real speed and footwork. Can't see QLD making any changes unless Thurston is broken but I suspect he'll play.
Close,but there is no way you can drop Dugan.To my surprise (He normal only plays well at fullback),he was one of NSW best players last night.Good runs,and multiple try saving tackles.

Instead drop Hayne the "me me" Plane - The most selfish player on the field.Bombed a certain try,but not passing to an open Morris.Missed tackles that led to tries,bad passes,and drop balls.All because Hayne is ONLY about Hayne.Replace Hayne with James Roberts instead.

Also,Wade Graham had a shocker,but that happens.Unlike Hayne,his weren't cause it's NOT all about him.Hayne's attitude is the problem,and I can't see that changing.

Daley is a dud coach,and won't drop anyone.NSW in the 2nd half were crap.In the first half NSW dominated,and really blew the game then because they should have led by alot more than 10 points at half time.Should have been up by at least 16.Second half NSW went into their shell,and instead of attacking for more points.They tried to defend a lead,that was never big enough.Pearce,Maloney,Peates,Fifita,etc,etc..... went into a coma.Pearce set to continue his record of zero Origin series wins.The problem with Pearce's Origin career; He will NEVER and has NEVER lost NSW a game/series,but more importantly he can't and will NEVER win NSW a series.He's just NOT up to it.The 2nd half showed that.

An underrated turning point against NSW,was Tyson Frizell going off injured,with replacement NOT covering well at all - Wade "I had a shocker" Graham I think,was the replacement.

Finally,Queensland deserved the win.NSW went to a conservative sleep in 2nd half.But,in saying that,the refs were shocking,lucky for the refs they didn't ultimately decide the result.But,that's luck and not good management by the terrible refs.NSW players being taken out on kicks was a blight on the game,sadly NSW will have to do the same to Queensland in game 3,cause the gutless hopeless refs will most likely ignore it again.If the refs suddenly care,then the refs are hypocrites,and NSW should do it more anyone.Even to prove/make a point and to piss off Queensland.

ALX22
Member
Member
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon 25 Jan, 2016 2:29 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by ALX22 » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 12:22 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:52 am
As an impartial observer, i really am scratching my head working out where NSW were dudded. I've seen complaints about the stripping penalty late in the game Qld received on their line. The strip was as clear as day and a penalty everyday of the week. On the other hand i haven't seen anyone complain about Fifita taking Slatee out as he chased a kick when Qld were on the attack. That seems conveniently forgotten. I just don't understand why NSW have to constantly blame the officiating. And its always the same supporters too. I'm sure some would be so delusional to argue its the only reason Qld have been so dominant for over a decade.
Agreed, clear as day stripping penalty. The only controversial aspect is the Holmes try.

If Hayne passes to Morris, NSW win. But the 'dreamer' decided otherwise.

tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1646
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 2:13 pm

i think the series is over. There's no way qld will lose G3 @ home
being JT's last game

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6387
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 64 times

Unread post by supercoach » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 2:44 pm

Tigerdave wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 11:53 am
jirskyr wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 9:42 am
Fox Sports have a good analysis of the Holmes try
http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/leagu ... ide!629858
all that showed was a severe lack of cameras

anyway it's done, just hope there's not the same in game 3
Amateur hour again by the NRL, imagine no camera shots of both sides of the line. Okay there will always be the situation where you can't get the right camera shot, but in the corner, they are joking, nearly 70% of trys are scored in the corner.

Under the circumstances and the evidence presented, the ref made the right call along with the bunker, but we needed another camera shot and I think it probably would have showed a different story


supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6387
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 64 times

Unread post by supercoach » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 2:50 pm

Pearce was fine when the blues forwards were playing fast and direct, but come the second half the blues started to play laterally and that was partly due to our forwards and partly due to the fact the 10m went out the window.

Pearce is no Joey Johns, but who is better at present???.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18506
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 156 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 3:17 pm

supercoach wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 2:50 pm
Pearce was fine when the blues forwards were playing fast and direct, but come the second half the blues started to play laterally and that was partly due to our forwards and partly due to the fact the 10m went out the window.

Pearce is no Joey Johns, but who is better at present???.
He's this era's Braith Anasta. Only picked because the selectors had to ask "who else is there?"

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 3:25 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 2:13 pm
i think the series is over. There's no way qld will lose G3 @ home
being JT's last game
They shouldnt but itll be a great test for NSW. Will it be as gutless as game 3 in 2015 or will they believe in themselves and finally step up? Will be awesome theatre.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2476
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by Harvey » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 4:14 pm

Jarryd Hayne cost NSW the game. Selfish plays, poor defending and hopeless mistakes. Most of the Cronulla players were not much better playing idiot ball at crucial times.
NSW outside backs are generally useless and other options such as Turbo, Walker, Roberts etc should be considered

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10360
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 5:05 pm

meh... I agree about the refereeing. 2nd worst performance I have seen in SOO.

The amount of forward passes from Smith & Peats out of DH was ridiculous, followed by plenty of other passes that were forward. I get they cant see every pass, but when they happen with lines on the field being prominent, surely they have to blow there whistle?

And whoever instructed the officials to ignore the action off the ball has opened a whole new can of worms. It was like watching NFL in some cases, and again it was clear they had no interest in it. As always though, there will be a blow-up and one team will cope the harshness of the crackdown at some stage.

NSW were the better team. There was some good signs for Qld with there wrestle/late hits in the ruck etc, but NSW lost that game. By the 60th minute, it was obvious they were prepared to sit on there heels and not take risks. It was then I realised we were a chance as at some stage a team with Smith, Slater, Cronk & JT will catch you out. The obvious happened and we go to Lang Park for a decider.

I thought Cordner was NSW Best, and Josh McGuire Qld Best... Without being fooled by the emotion of commentators, Slater and JT did make a difference to Qld energy with the ball.

Good Luck NSW... A decider in Qld with farewells to some of the games best. You just made your job a whole lot harder!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3158
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by cktiger » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 5:20 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 5:05 pm
meh... I agree about the refereeing. 2nd worst performance I have seen in SOO.

The amount of forward passes from Smith & Peats out of DH was ridiculous, followed by plenty of other passes that were forward. I get they cant see every pass, but when they happen with lines on the field being prominent, surely they have to blow there whistle?

And whoever instructed the officials to ignore the action off the ball has opened a whole new can of worms. It was like watching NFL in some cases, and again it was clear they had no interest in it. As always though, there will be a blow-up and one team will cope the harshness of the crackdown at some stage.

NSW were the better team. There was some good signs for Qld with there wrestle/late hits in the ruck etc, but NSW lost that game. By the 60th minute, it was obvious they were prepared to sit on there heels and not take risks. It was then I realised we were a chance as at some stage a team with Smith, Slater, Cronk & JT will catch you out. The obvious happened and we go to Lang Park for a decider.

I thought Cordner was NSW Best, and Josh McGuire Qld Best... Without being fooled by the emotion of commentators, Slater and JT did make a difference to Qld energy with the ball.

Good Luck NSW... A decider in Qld with farewells to some of the games best. You just made your job a whole lot harder!
I never like to wish serious injury on anyone but was seriously hoping Pearce got some minor cork or strain (even a head knock) to get him off the field for the last 20 (as happened in the first game).

tsjonathan
Member
Member
Posts: 1646
Joined: Sun 21 Mar, 2010 6:04 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 5:33 pm

stryker wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 3:25 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 2:13 pm
i think the series is over. There's no way qld will lose G3 @ home
being JT's last game
They shouldnt but itll be a great test for NSW. Will it be as gutless as game 3 in 2015 or will they believe in themselves and finally step up? Will be awesome theatre.
could be ugly, like QLD 30 NSW 0

NSW really blew it

yeti
Member
Member
Posts: 1045
Joined: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by yeti » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 5:49 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 5:33 pm
stryker wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 3:25 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 2:13 pm
i think the series is over. There's no way qld will lose G3 @ home
being JT's last game
They shouldnt but itll be a great test for NSW. Will it be as gutless as game 3 in 2015 or will they believe in themselves and finally step up? Will be awesome theatre.
could be ugly, like QLD 30 NSW 0

NSW really blew it
I thought this was always a danger game for the Blues. A great win in Game 1, a better Qld team for game 2. However, after watching this one I'm more confident of NSW getting up for game 3. I don't think the Blues will play as poorly again and I really don't think the Maroons will play any better. NSW by 8!

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24699
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 259 times

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 6:37 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 5:05 pm
meh... I agree about the refereeing. 2nd worst performance I have seen in SOO.

The amount of forward passes from Smith & Peats out of DH was ridiculous, followed by plenty of other passes that were forward. I get they cant see every pass, but when they happen with lines on the field being prominent, surely they have to blow there whistle?

And whoever instructed the officials to ignore the action off the ball has opened a whole new can of worms. It was like watching NFL in some cases, and again it was clear they had no interest in it. As always though, there will be a blow-up and one team will cope the harshness of the crackdown at some stage.

NSW were the better team. There was some good signs for Qld with there wrestle/late hits in the ruck etc, but NSW lost that game. By the 60th minute, it was obvious they were prepared to sit on there heels and not take risks. It was then I realised we were a chance as at some stage a team with Smith, Slater, Cronk & JT will catch you out. The obvious happened and we go to Lang Park for a decider.

I thought Cordner was NSW Best, and Josh McGuire Qld Best... Without being fooled by the emotion of commentators, Slater and JT did make a difference to Qld energy with the ball.

Good Luck NSW... A decider in Qld with farewells to some of the games best. You just made your job a whole lot harder!
Woowee...a humble Queenslanderrrr...must have been last weeks visit to NSW...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 6:42 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 5:33 pm
stryker wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 3:25 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 2:13 pm
i think the series is over. There's no way qld will lose G3 @ home
being JT's last game
They shouldnt but itll be a great test for NSW. Will it be as gutless as game 3 in 2015 or will they believe in themselves and finally step up? Will be awesome theatre.
could be ugly, like QLD 30 NSW 0

NSW really blew it
Ill be astonished if that were the score. Id say NSW will be slight favourites considering they have dominated 3 out of 4 halves this series. Boyd is gone, JT is iffy...itll be very close.

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 2438
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Nelson » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 6:57 pm

stryker wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 10:56 am
Geo. wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 10:29 am
Still banging on the smugness I see ...calling people sooks ..very funny..

I'm still laughing at spine's don't win Origin's game 1 yet Game 2 it comes down to the spine almost all of the time..lolololo
I predicted we'd lose game 1 as we didnt have the forwards and it was the weakest side chosen in a dozen years. I predicted we'd win game 2 after the new forwards would hold the blues pack allowing the spine to win the game. Do you want to know whats going to happen game 3? Lol....
Once again you display your ignorance of this level of football. Just stick to the tigers where you are right occasionally.
...and you call other people arrogant :roll:

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:02 pm

Nelson wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 6:57 pm
stryker wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 10:56 am
Geo. wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 10:29 am
Still banging on the smugness I see ...calling people sooks ..very funny..

I'm still laughing at spine's don't win Origin's game 1 yet Game 2 it comes down to the spine almost all of the time..lolololo
I predicted we'd lose game 1 as we didnt have the forwards and it was the weakest side chosen in a dozen years. I predicted we'd win game 2 after the new forwards would hold the blues pack allowing the spine to win the game. Do you want to know whats going to happen game 3? Lol....
Once again you display your ignorance of this level of football. Just stick to the tigers where you are right occasionally.
...and you call other people arrogant :roll:
Youve changed your tune from last night eh? decided to play the victim now? Sobered up? LMAO.....

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 2438
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Nelson » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:10 pm

stryker wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:02 pm
Nelson wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 6:57 pm
stryker wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 10:56 am
Geo. wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 10:29 am
Still banging on the smugness I see ...calling people sooks ..very funny..

I'm still laughing at spine's don't win Origin's game 1 yet Game 2 it comes down to the spine almost all of the time..lolololo
I predicted we'd lose game 1 as we didnt have the forwards and it was the weakest side chosen in a dozen years. I predicted we'd win game 2 after the new forwards would hold the blues pack allowing the spine to win the game. Do you want to know whats going to happen game 3? Lol....
Once again you display your ignorance of this level of football. Just stick to the tigers where you are right occasionally.
...and you call other people arrogant :roll:
Youve changed your tune from last night eh? decided to play the victim now? Sobered up? LMAO.....
I wasn't drunk (I wish), I was just raging. Not sure how calling you out for being a hypocrite is playing a victim. Next I'll be a SJW or something I suppose...

Post Reply

Return to “State of Origin”