Nelson wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:10 pm
stryker wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:02 pm
Nelson wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 6:57 pm
stryker wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 10:56 am

I predicted we'd lose game 1 as we didnt have the forwards and it was the weakest side chosen in a dozen years. I predicted we'd win game 2 after the new forwards would hold the blues pack allowing the spine to win the game. Do you want to know whats going to happen game 3? Lol....
Once again you display your ignorance of this level of football. Just stick to the tigers where you are right occasionally.
...and you call other people arrogant :roll:
Youve changed your tune from last night eh? decided to play the victim now? Sobered up? LMAO.....
I wasn't drunk (I wish), I was just raging. Not sure how calling you out for being a hypocrite is playing a victim. Next I'll be a SJW or something I suppose...
Lol last night you climbed into me with an arrogant rant of your own. Guess were all hypocrites...

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 64 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:35 pm

willow wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 4:13 am
QLD deserved the win. NSW only did everything right for 40 minutes. They shut up shop in the second half and Andrew Johns is right to have a go at them. They played dumb. JT was struggling defensively and the Blues went away from attacking QLD right edge, and they also stopped using the inside ball for Tedesco. The only change I'd consider making for NSW is getting Dugan out of the centres for someone like James Roberts, who has real speed and footwork. Can't see QLD making any changes unless Thurston is broken but I suspect he'll play.
No way Willow, Dugan was one of the best out there last night! He did some great stuff. Hayne on the other hand was a real liability, but you couldn't replace him either because, as everyone knows, he is capable of anything and can be a real match winner on his day. To have any chance of winning at all, NSW need to stick with the same 17 if they are available.

It's all academic anyway, because QLD will win the decider hands down. Thurston will play his Origin swansong and there is no way on God's green earth that he and Cronk will go out as series losers at Suncorp Stadium, NO WAY! It's written in the stars people, so may as well get used to it now - they'll make a documentary movie about it one, day mark my words! :mrgreen:

Furious1
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Furious1 » Thu 22 Jun, 2017 7:49 pm

yeti wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 5:49 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 5:33 pm
stryker wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 3:25 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 2:13 pm
i think the series is over. There's no way qld will lose G3 @ home
being JT's last game
They shouldnt but itll be a great test for NSW. Will it be as gutless as game 3 in 2015 or will they believe in themselves and finally step up? Will be awesome theatre.
could be ugly, like QLD 30 NSW 0

NSW really blew it
I thought this was always a danger game for the Blues. A great win in Game 1, a better Qld team for game 2. However, after watching this one I'm more confident of NSW getting up for game 3. I don't think the Blues will play as poorly again and I really don't think the Maroons will play any better. NSW by 8!
I tend to agree. We could go up there and get flogged, but i haven't forgotten that bar a poor decision by Hayne, NSW could easily have been in the position at halftime last night of having scored 50 points to Qld 10 in the last three halves of footy.
Theres no doubt it will be an enormous test, a bit of luck will probably be required, but what greater chance to win a series than at a packed Suncorp? NSW have definately not been capable of this in recent years, but his team can actually score points (despite the 2nd half last night) and unlike past NSW teams, i think prefer the fast surface at Suncorp. If all players are fit, id stick with the same line up, except one minor tweak in the starting side. I think some of the Blues were getting big heads and believing some of their own press, that won't be the case for Game 3.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 8:00 am

Nelson wrote:
stryker wrote:
Nelson wrote:
stryker wrote:
Thu 22 Jun, 2017 10:56 am

I predicted we'd lose game 1 as we didnt have the forwards and it was the weakest side chosen in a dozen years. I predicted we'd win game 2 after the new forwards would hold the blues pack allowing the spine to win the game. Do you want to know whats going to happen game 3? Lol....
Once again you display your ignorance of this level of football. Just stick to the tigers where you are right occasionally.
Youve changed your tune from last night eh? decided to play the victim now? Sobered up? LMAO.....
I wasn't drunk (I wish), I was just raging. Not sure how calling you out for being a hypocrite is playing a victim. Next I'll be a SJW or something I suppose...
Now Nelson, don't mention SJW and yourself in the same sentence. I think Styrker should write a book on his success as a Key Bored Warrior (KBW)
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Earl
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Earl » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 8:07 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 8:00 am
Nelson wrote:
stryker wrote:
Nelson wrote:

Now Nelson, don't mention SJW and yourself in the same sentence. I think Styrker should write a book on his success as a Key Bored Warrior (KBW)
I didn't want to say it but Stryker comes across to me as the SJW type.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 8:19 am

Earl wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 8:07 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Nelson wrote:
stryker wrote:

Dont use terms you dont understand, it makes you look dense.

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by cktiger » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:49 am

stryker wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 8:19 am
Earl wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Nelson wrote:

Stryker the SJW type? :lol:
Never thought I'd crack a smile in this thread.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:11 am

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugby-le ... spartanntp

Former New South Wales State of Origin coach Tom Raudonikis has launched an extraordinary attack on the Blues side, calling for two high profile players to be axed for game three in Brisbane.
The Blues squandered a 16-6 lead in game two, with Queensland winning 18-16 to level the series at one-game all.
Recommended for you:Gymnastics Kids Games - Search for Gymnastics Kids Games.
Ask.com/Gymnastics Kids Games | Sponsored
Raudonikis has used his appearance on Channel Nine’s NRL Footy Show to call for changes.
“Jarryd Hayne, on your performance, especially the second half, I wouldn’t pick you for the third and deciding game,” Raudonikis said.
“When you made the break down the left hand side, you had (Brett) Morris outside and you decided to go inside. Mate I didn’t know what you were doing then, you pass him the ball, he scores.”
Hayne has come in for criticism for his performance, which also saw him attempt a flick pass behind his back that went into touch.
But Raudonikis didn’t just single out Hayne for the axe.
“We have to make two changes, one’s Hayne, he’s got to go, he misses too many tackles and he’s not as good as he thinks he is,” the former Blues coach said.
“And the other bloke who’s got to go is (Mitchell) Pearce, didn’t see him in the second half, what did he do? Nothing?
“When you’ve got a player … Johnathan Thurston, running around the oval with a crook shoulder and a crook knee, and nobody hit him. Is he a protected species? Why wasn’t Pearce on him?”
Raudonikis said the Blues lost their way after half time.
“I couldn’t believe NSW got beaten. Can’t believe it. Did not score a point in the second half, that is disgraceful. I really mean that.
“NSW in the first half, right down to the script, well done Laurie Daley.
“(But) what did you say to the boys at half time, because they had to score at least another try to make sure they won the game, but they went out and played like they were defending.”
Raudonikis’ comments echo those of another former Blues halfback, with Andrew Johns labelling the NSW second half performance as the “dumbest” they’ve ever played.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:32 am

Thurston gone for the remainder of the season. Shoulder Surgury

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 138 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 12:51 pm

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:32 am
Bad luck for a champ. I wonder if he'll put off Origin retirement for a year?
Deserves a fitting send off

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 261 times

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 12:53 pm

Oh Gee...Queensland will now rally for Thusto and Darius..I think Kev will go with Mbye ....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 1:31 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 12:51 pm
Tiger Come Lately wrote:
Bad luck for a champ. I wonder if he'll put off Origin retirement for a year?
Deserves a fitting send off
I agree, not the way for a legend of the game to exit the origin arena.

Earl

Unread post by Earl » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 2:29 pm

cktiger wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:49 am
stryker wrote:
Earl wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

I think he fits the line perfectly.

I think he may be the guy in the cowboy hat.

Earl

Unread post by Earl » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 2:30 pm

Tiger Come Lately wrote:
This isn't good. For him personally I suppose it's better than stuffing your shoulder for years on end.

Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 2:47 pm

Earl wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 2:29 pm
cktiger wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 9:49 am
stryker wrote:
Earl wrote:

I think he fits the line perfectly.

I think he may be the guy in the cowboy hat.
I'm certainly not an sjw, but I would have shoved the camera up the guys clacka for sure.

Earl

Unread post by Earl » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 3:05 pm

stryker wrote:
Earl wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Nelson wrote:

Your a Queenslander right ? So you can't use any words with more than one syllable.

Spud Murphy

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 5:54 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:11 am
http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugby-le ... spartanntp

Former New South Wales State of Origin coach Tom Raudonikis has launched an extraordinary attack on the Blues side, calling for two high profile players to be axed for game three in Brisbane.
The Blues squandered a 16-6 lead in game two, with Queensland winning 18-16 to level the series at one-game all.
Recommended for you:Gymnastics Kids Games - Search for Gymnastics Kids Games.
Ask.com/Gymnastics Kids Games | Sponsored
Raudonikis has used his appearance on Channel Nine’s NRL Footy Show to call for changes.
“Jarryd Hayne, on your performance, especially the second half, I wouldn’t pick you for the third and deciding game,” Raudonikis said.
“When you made the break down the left hand side, you had (Brett) Morris outside and you decided to go inside. Mate I didn’t know what you were doing then, you pass him the ball, he scores.”
Hayne has come in for criticism for his performance, which also saw him attempt a flick pass behind his back that went into touch.
But Raudonikis didn’t just single out Hayne for the axe.
“We have to make two changes, one’s Hayne, he’s got to go, he misses too many tackles and he’s not as good as he thinks he is,” the former Blues coach said.
“And the other bloke who’s got to go is (Mitchell) Pearce, didn’t see him in the second half, what did he do? Nothing?
“When you’ve got a player … Johnathan Thurston, running around the oval with a crook shoulder and a crook knee, and nobody hit him. Is he a protected species? Why wasn’t Pearce on him?”
Raudonikis said the Blues lost their way after half time.
“I couldn’t believe NSW got beaten. Can’t believe it. Did not score a point in the second half, that is disgraceful. I really mean that.
“NSW in the first half, right down to the script, well done Laurie Daley.
“(But) what did you say to the boys at half time, because they had to score at least another try to make sure they won the game, but they went out and played like they were defending.”
Raudonikis’ comments echo those of another former Blues halfback, with Andrew Johns labelling the NSW second half performance as the “dumbest” they’ve ever played.

Hahaha! Tommy can be a bit of a dropkick sometimes, but he's definitely got it right here - tells it like it is. "Hayne, he's got to go, he misses too many tackles and he's not as good as he thinks he is" - Classsic! :lol:

Spud Murphy

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Fri 23 Jun, 2017 5:57 pm

Earl wrote:
Fri 23 Jun, 2017 3:05 pm
stryker wrote:
Earl wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

Your a Queenslander right ? So you can't use any words with more than one syllable.
And you can't spell you're :lol:

Return to “State of Origin”