Origin III* Live thread

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 4915
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm
Has liked: 397 times
Been liked: 104 times

Re: Origin III* Live thread

Unread post by 851 » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 12:05 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 10:12 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 9:45 am
Pearce, Woods, Hayne and Ferguson cop it, and for good reason, but what about Klemmer? Tell me he isn't living off his first Origin match. He's done nothing since.
You are joking, I have read a number of yours posts in this thread, getting all upset about this and that, you really are off the mark GNR putting the boot into Klemmer.

Klemmer, Trbojevick and Frizzel were arguably our best forwards (if we actually had any).

Fifita, Woods, Cordner (injury is no excuse), Jackson, Graham and Peats have a go at by all means but at least have a go at the ones that didn't have a go.

Queensland were far too goo from the first minute to the last - how this dominance is to be overcome is going to be a very difficult scenario. Just sitting back and waiting for retirements is not the answer, it will help but they have some handy players coming through.

We need a new coach (5 series is enough of a go) - who? Only two choices in my opinion and that is Johns or Fittler, maybe both together. Forget Gus, he is past it. There are no other candidates.

We also need a fresh look at the team - it means dropping some, has beens and bringing in players that want to play for NSW not for the money or prestige but want to bleed for the blue. Find them and we will go along way to solving a problem.

Don't get all the blaming, and axe grinding - QLD were too good, end of story.
Agree mate Klemmer was good, Daley surely has to go, and along with a host of players, no accountability at NSW, heads should have rolled after the game 2 collapse.
On the coach, maybe Toovey could be an option.
Go hard or go home


Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2447
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 12:14 pm

From a salary cap perspective, anyone find it concerning that the Queensland spine came from the one club (Storm) and it outplayed the best NSW has to offer?

TigerTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:56 pm
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 40 times

Unread post by TigerTiger » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 12:20 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 12:14 pm
From a salary cap perspective, anyone find it concerning that the Queensland spine came from the one club (Storm) and it outplayed the best NSW has to offer?
Concerning but not surprising. There's no way Storm are not cheating the cap again, they are just smarter how they do it like the other top clubs.

I wonder who is the best club that isn't cheating?

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25228
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 190 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 12:42 pm

The forward pass no try where initially the blues all stopped (bar maloney) when they thought it was knock on but QLD played on (off Gilletts head) summed it up for me. You're taught from 4yo to play to the whistle.
QLD keep playing/competing... Blues stop and wait for someone else (ref) to intervene

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2447
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 12:50 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 12:42 pm
The forward pass no try where initially the blues all stopped (bar maloney) when they thought it was knock on but QLD played on (off Gilletts head) summed it up for me. You're taught from 4yo to play to the whistle.
QLD keep playing/competing... Blues stop and wait for someone else (ref) to intervene
That was a debacle in my opinion. Smith's pass was not forward and the refs called it because they felt they got the previous call wrong.


User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1471
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am
Has liked: 269 times
Been liked: 73 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 1:04 pm

supercoach wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 11:23 am
When you are up against a red hot spine that play together in club land you are always going to struggle. I really do not think NSW have a no 6 no7 or a no9 that can come close to what QLD have. Teddy and Turbo Tom can match Old at the back, but they need a no9 and some halves to create some opportunities.

Anyway QLD were close to perfect and NSW were made to look pretty bad by such a hot outfit. Also sadly with Munster they loose nothing with JT calling it a day
6. Clint Gutherson
7. Adam Reynolds
9. Nathan Peats

Your spine don't win you the game, your forwards do. Unfortunately, Queensland had a much better forward pack in game 2 and 3 and ultimately it won them the series. Our best chance is bringing in Nathan Brown, Junior Paulo, Reagan Campbell-Gillard, Paul Vaughan.



Napa-Klemmer
Wallace-Vaughan
Cooper-Cordner
Gillet-Frizell
McGuire-Trbojevic
Hess-Brown
Papalii-Paulo
Glasby-Campbell-Gillard

User avatar
oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue 24 Nov, 2015 4:06 pm
Location: Springwood
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by oldprop » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 1:10 pm

TIGER wrote:
Wed 12 Jul, 2017 11:40 pm
That first 20mins from both NSW starting props was the worst I've ever seen at origin level. They got belted and didn't dish any back in defence. I think the correct expression is, they got owned!
Yep, too big, too slow. The compressed defence contained them. Have they been reading their own press. Their response was hopeless. No big hits. No hard running. No metres. No extra effort. I'm shocked.
Need more props.

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3164
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by cktiger » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 3:03 pm

What a bunch of wimpy supporters crawling up to QLD!
You should be ashamed of yourselves.
NSW were back in the game after a terrible first half until they weren't given a penalty for blocking (after all the hoo hah about cracking down on it).
QLD scored after this with a forward pass from Munster to Holmes.... and see you later.
Apart from obvious poor refereeing once again the selectors didn't help the cause.
Everybody in NSW, except those two idiots Daley and Sterling, knew Pearce cannot perform at this level.
Much the same for Peats, pushed by Sterling over Farah because he wanted Pearce to control the team.
That worked out well ... we won the first game convincingly with Pearce on the sideline.
I'll be happy to give credit to QLD when ... well, actually never.
Why should I say anything nice about them? :evil:

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 3:20 pm

You dont have to say anything nice. They dont care what you think.
Hillarious call on the forward pass though. Holmes caught it on his finger tips reaching backwards at full stretch.

upthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 324
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by upthetigers » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 3:29 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 1:04 pm
Queensland had a much better forward pack in game 2 and 3
No they didn't. NSW completed at 65% in the first half last night whilst QLD were flawless. They got rolled because they were terrible with completions and their attack was woeful they looked lost out there. They would have won game 2 if they had a winning mentality they just didn't turn up in the 2nd half. It had nothing to do with "getting dominated in the forwards" if anything on paper NSW has the better forward pack, QLD are just much better at playing as a team. It would be a massive mistake for the Blues to do a massive clean out. They probably need to replace 3/4 players.

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1471
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am
Has liked: 269 times
Been liked: 73 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 4:08 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 3:29 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 1:04 pm
Queensland had a much better forward pack in game 2 and 3
No they didn't. NSW completed at 65% in the first half last night whilst QLD were flawless. They got rolled because they were terrible with completions and their attack was woeful they looked lost out there. They would have won game 2 if they had a winning mentality they just didn't turn up in the 2nd half. It had nothing to do with "getting dominated in the forwards" if anything on paper NSW has the better forward pack, QLD are just much better at playing as a team. It would be a massive mistake for the Blues to do a massive clean out. They probably need to replace 3/4 players.
You are not going to get a winning mentality if you replace 3/4 players.

Attack is created by your halves, and that is why we need to start new and get halves who will get the job done and don't have the scars that our halves do. I nominate Gutherson and A Reynolds. Our outside backs ATM are nowhere near the players we have on our sidelines (Mansour, T Trbo, Mitchell).

On paper our forward pack may have looked better, but it didn't live up to it's hype. We need forwards who want to play for NSW and give 100% every run and every tackle. Fifita and Woods were crap last night, they are slow, fat and lazy. I would much prefer props like Paulo and RCG.

And by the way, what 3/4 changes would you make?

upthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 324
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by upthetigers » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 4:27 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 4:08 pm
what 3/4 changes would you make?
I think Tommy was spot on. Drop Pearce/Hayne. Pearce has had his time and Hayne isn't a team player. And honestly I don't think Cordner should be guaranteed a spot although as captain there is no way he will be dropped. His form hasn't been that good and it was a bit selfish for him to play when he clearly wasn't 100%.

Not sure about the halves replacement but it's defo not A Reynolds. I'd consider bringing in Latrell Mitchell he has Origin written all over him.

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1471
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am
Has liked: 269 times
Been liked: 73 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 4:32 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 4:27 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 4:08 pm
what 3/4 changes would you make?
I think Tommy was spot on. Drop Pearce/Hayne. Pearce has had his time and Hayne isn't a team player. And honestly I don't think Cordner should be guaranteed a spot although as captain there is no way he will be dropped. His form hasn't been that good and it was a bit selfish for him to play when he clearly wasn't 100%.

Not sure about the halves replacement but it's defo not A Reynolds. I'd consider bringing in Latrell Mitchell he has Origin written all over him.
If A Reynolds is not the halfback replacement, it has to be Cleary, Townsend or Brooks

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24991
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 225 times
Been liked: 343 times

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 4:46 pm

Well done Queensland....quality side with some of the greatest players in the World...Smith Cronk and Slater destroyed NSW..

Gives their two-headed supporters meaning for another year..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2549
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Harvey » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 5:31 pm

NSW should appoint Hindy and Fletch as coaches for next year. They did well with the Nepal Donkeys

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3164
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by cktiger » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 7:12 pm

stryker wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 3:20 pm
You dont have to say anything nice. They dont care what you think.
Hillarious call on the forward pass though. Holmes caught it on his finger tips reaching backwards at full stretch.
Just because he leant back for it doesn't mean it wasn't thrown forward.
All you need do is watch it and take note of the line....

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 7:19 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 4:46 pm
Well done Queensland....quality side with some of the greatest players in the World...Smith Cronk and Slater destroyed NSW..

Gives their two-headed supporters meaning for another year..
That must have hurt. I bet your kids are sick of hearing about it lol. Choke back those tears petal.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10791
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 7:22 pm

cktiger wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 7:12 pm
stryker wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 3:20 pm
You dont have to say anything nice. They dont care what you think.
Hillarious call on the forward pass though. Holmes caught it on his finger tips reaching backwards at full stretch.
Just because he leant back for it doesn't mean it wasn't thrown forward.
All you need do is watch it and take note of the line....
I just did, it was fine. Thrown before the line, backwards out of the hand and caught before the line. No doubt about it.

Post Reply

Return to “State of Origin”