Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 67 times

Re: Origin III* Live thread

Unread post by Earl » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 9:23 am

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 6:25 am
TIGER wrote:
Wed 12 Jul, 2017 11:40 pm
That first 20mins from both NSW starting props was the worst I've ever seen at origin level. They got belted and didn't dish any back in defence. I think the correct expression is, they got owned!
Woods was soft and fifita went sideways. Someone needs to make an animated gif of Woods getting put on his arse the one time he tried to muscle up. People have raved about him for years but fact is his defence has always been pathetic... Standing still as Wallace scored.. Should be his last blue jersey... Klemmer and alphabet bloke went better which is really saying something
Congrats QLD.... A near perfect display
Woods should never be picked again.

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by jctiger » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 9:31 am

momo&medo wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 8:22 am
sheer64 wrote:
Wed 12 Jul, 2017 11:33 pm
Once again QLD proved it means more to them. They came out with a smart game plan with Smith running early and exposing our marker defense. It was over by half time no matter the score, as our halves were unable to match the skill of theirs. Well done to QLD.
Thats always been the difference between NSW & Qld.
Qlders want to win for the jersey,
NSW want the jersey for the extra cash that comes with it. No passion, no pride.
Can't see anything changing in the near future either. Holmes, Munster & co show that same pride and passion that we just cant emulate

pdenny77
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by pdenny77 » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 9:36 am

Earl wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 9:23 am
innsaneink wrote:
TIGER wrote:
That first 20mins from both NSW starting props was the worst I've ever seen at origin level. They got belted and didn't dish any back in defence. I think the correct expression is, they got owned!
Woods was soft and fifita went sideways. Someone needs to make an animated gif of Woods getting put on his arse the one time he tried to muscle up. People have raved about him for years but fact is his defence has always been pathetic... Standing still as Wallace scored.. Should be his last blue jersey... Klemmer and alphabet bloke went better which is really saying something
I've defended him until now. Lazy, lack of heart and has no mental toughness. The opposite to what NSW need in their Origin players. Joey Johns looked and acted 10 times more devastated than Woods (and a few of his cohorts) which is a sad reflection on this team.

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 9:39 am

The young Manly fullback will play 1 next year for NSW. This game just reaffirmed Tedesco is not the answer.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 117 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 9:41 am

Telltails wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 8:27 am
A cycle of losing just as hard to break at that level as it is in the competition. We blew it in game 2. They knew it and so did we.
What they need to do is get out of the mindset that when they win one game, all the talk that they've ended Qld's era of dominance starts. Its been happening for 10 years. I've lost count of how many times they have won game 2, wax lyrical that they are back only to get trounced in game 3. Now some people believe its a given that NSW will start their era of dominance now Cronk and JT are gone. Based on what? Qld next crop of youngsters emerged this serie and looked at home while yet again NSW are back to the drawing board

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 9:42 am

Agreed about the Starting Props for NSW. For Cordner to have to do their Hit-Ups after 10min, the writing was on the wall. Add that to the poor Marker Defence, well they got what they deserved there!

NSW got owned on the ball and off the ball. Its crazy to believe Qld actually won that series. I never thought it was possible.

Its gone somewhat un-noticed, but that was 3 Series in a Row for Queensland. 10yrs ago that was a very high benchmark for SOO Series. Last nights win was like Round 3 of the NRL Season without too much fan fare.

Well Done Queensland!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 9:45 am

Pearce, Woods, Hayne and Ferguson cop it, and for good reason, but what about Klemmer? Tell me he isn't living off his first Origin match. He's done nothing since.

westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by westTAHger » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 9:53 am

Queensland played far better and deserved to win.
Still has me stumped, as to what the hell happened at half time in game 2.
The series was there for the taking by NSW.
Qld stood up and took it..
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

Earl
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 67 times

Unread post by Earl » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 10:03 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 9:45 am
Pearce, Woods, Hayne and Ferguson cop it, and for good reason, but what about Klemmer? Tell me he isn't living off his first Origin match. He's done nothing since.
I thought he was relatively good. I thought Hayne looked our most likely player but Hayne stuffed game two.

kafta
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by kafta » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 10:11 am

The Blues are like the Greg Norman Holden Statesman, equipped with automatic choke.

Russell
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 82 times

Unread post by Russell » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 10:12 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
You are joking, I have read a number of yours posts in this thread, getting all upset about this and that, you really are off the mark GNR putting the boot into Klemmer.

Klemmer, Trbojevick and Frizzel were arguably our best forwards (if we actually had any).

Fifita, Woods, Cordner (injury is no excuse), Jackson, Graham and Peats have a go at by all means but at least have a go at the ones that didn't have a go.

Queensland were far too goo from the first minute to the last - how this dominance is to be overcome is going to be a very difficult scenario. Just sitting back and waiting for retirements is not the answer, it will help but they have some handy players coming through.

We need a new coach (5 series is enough of a go) - who? Only two choices in my opinion and that is Johns or Fittler, maybe both together. Forget Gus, he is past it. There are no other candidates.

We also need a fresh look at the team - it means dropping some, has beens and bringing in players that want to play for NSW not for the money or prestige but want to bleed for the blue. Find them and we will go along way to solving a problem.

Don't get all the blaming, and axe grinding - QLD were too good, end of story.

Sco77y
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Sco77y » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 10:17 am

QLD definitely still a better side, and as others have mentioned, with the new crop of youngsters I don't see an end to this anytime soon. They're slowly developing and fine tuning a new generation while NSW are on the verge of going back to the drawing board.

And re Woods, that game just confirms my opinion of his attitude and ability. He lacks any kind of drive and is slow and lazy. He was caught out twice and on both occasions led to QLD tries. Team effort, but he was heavily involved in both circumstances.

Telltails
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by Telltails » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 10:29 am

Still think its a mindset. How do you explain the performance in game 1 and most of game 2 compared to what was dished up last night? There is not that much between the two sides when they play to their capabilities, but what QLD have over us is in a decider is the psych that they are winners and we are losers. Cant see us winning a series in a decider to break the cycle - needs to happen in first two games no matter who the coach is or the team they select.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 10:46 am

Russell wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 10:12 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
You are joking, I have read a number of yours posts in this thread, getting all upset about this and that, you really are off the mark GNR putting the boot into Klemmer.

Klemmer, Trbojevick and Frizzel were arguably our best forwards (if we actually had any).

Fifita, Woods, Cordner (injury is no excuse), Jackson, Graham and Peats have a go at by all means but at least have a go at the ones that didn't have a go.

Queensland were far too goo from the first minute to the last - how this dominance is to be overcome is going to be a very difficult scenario. Just sitting back and waiting for retirements is not the answer, it will help but they have some handy players coming through.

We need a new coach (5 series is enough of a go) - who? Only two choices in my opinion and that is Johns or Fittler, maybe both together. Forget Gus, he is past it. There are no other candidates.

We also need a fresh look at the team - it means dropping some, has beens and bringing in players that want to play for NSW not for the money or prestige but want to bleed for the blue. Find them and we will go along way to solving a problem.

Don't get all the blaming, and axe grinding - QLD were too good, end of story.
I've been upset? about what i'm not a Blues supporter lol. Maybe you have me mistaken.

underdog
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 25 times

Unread post by underdog » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 10:52 am

Can't believe Queensland were out to 2.25 before kickoff - LOL

That was STEALING money through my Sportsbet account....

Just wish I had the cahones to put it on at 13+

Dear oh dear the blues are in all sorts.

supercoach
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by supercoach » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 11:23 am

When you are up against a red hot spine that play together in club land you are always going to struggle. I really do not think NSW have a no 6 no7 or a no9 that can come close to what QLD have. Teddy and Turbo Tom can match Old at the back, but they need a no9 and some halves to create some opportunities.

Anyway QLD were close to perfect and NSW were made to look pretty bad by such a hot outfit. Also sadly with Munster they loose nothing with JT calling it a day

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 11:56 am

NSW don't have an Origin standard 6, 7 or 9. That's going to cause big headaches next year. I think they might go with Moylan and Cleary, but they won't match whatever Qld dish up. Moylan has proven to be an average Origin player and Cleary is unproven. Plus he's suffered second year syndrome this year imo. I don't think Peats offers much, but there aren't many other options. Maybe Damien Cook is worth a run.

Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by 851 » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 12:01 pm

pdenny77 wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 9:36 am
Earl wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 9:23 am
innsaneink wrote:
TIGER wrote:
I've defended him until now. Lazy, lack of heart and has no mental toughness. The opposite to what NSW need in their Origin players. Joey Johns looked and acted 10 times more devastated than Woods (and a few of his cohorts) which is a sad reflection on this team.
It was very noticeable, Joey was filthy with the effort, if the players and coach had his passion we would have won the series in a canter. :brick:
Go hard or go home

Return to “State of Origin”