Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 224 times

Re: Origin III* Live thread

Unread post by innsaneink » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 6:25 am

TIGER wrote:
Wed 12 Jul, 2017 11:40 pm
That first 20mins from both NSW starting props was the worst I've ever seen at origin level. They got belted and didn't dish any back in defence. I think the correct expression is, they got owned!
Woods was soft and fifita went sideways. Someone needs to make an animated gif of Woods getting put on his arse the one time he tried to muscle up. People have raved about him for years but fact is his defence has always been pathetic... Standing still as Wallace scored.. Should be his last blue jersey... Klemmer and alphabet bloke went better which is really saying something
Congrats QLD.... A near perfect display

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 88 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 7:08 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 1:21 am
Why didn't anyone mention the almost useless hooker. Yes Peats is terrific in defence but that is only half the game. It was all so predictable, I can't remember one run. I thought we went better when Bird was DH, at least he made on good run close to the try line. Of course my first grade footie mate stated someone else is better but I won't name names.

You need to change your record as well, the same old song is just plain boring, but in this case I agree with you, Peats has zero creativity out of dummy half, was he even playing? Compare that to Smith, who virtually ran the show - we need someone much better in the 9 and no I don't mean Robbie!

Telltails
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Telltails » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 7:12 am

We really screwed the series in the second game. As soon as QLD was let back in they were never going to lose the last one up there. Apart from the great players that are the nucleus of their squad, the mystery is how they can click into another gear when they need to and we just cant go with them. Wouldnt matter who coached us even the great Bellamy didnt have the answer. The reign of pain continues for NSW with no end in sight.

Snake
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by Snake » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 7:15 am

stryker wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 12:16 am
cktiger wrote:
Wed 12 Jul, 2017 11:48 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Wed 12 Jul, 2017 11:36 pm
stryker wrote:
Wed 12 Jul, 2017 11:34 pm

Yes he is miles behind him too. Someone during the week claimed him to be the best fullback in the world...on 2017 form he should not have even been in the NSW team. Dugan was the correct choice.
Teddy hasn't been that great this year but turn it up he's not miles behind Boyd. It's not hard to look good behind the Bronco's pack.
Tedesco didn't get a chance tonight.
He was telegraphed the ball every time with the QLD outside backs offside all night.
There is no way Boyd is better than him as an attacking fullback.
Slater went ok tonight for a grub having his last hurrah, but Tedesco is the future.
Rubbish he had ample chances.
Boyd and Slater are footballers. Teddy is a selfish showpony like Hayne. They are head and shoulders above him talent wise.
When the going got tough both Woods &Tedesco did not rise to the occasion...Tommy Turbo is a real footy player with heart he is the next NSW fullback.The Tigers have dodged a bullet with these two IMO the team will be better of in the coming seasons with the 2 of them playing elsewhere..there must be some talk at the Bulldogs why Woods is being paid so much for what he will offer!

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 7:20 am

Woods has been in the side that long that he's an automatic pick these days. Which is unfortunate because the only time i noticed him during the series was when he got sat on his rear twice in defence. He'll be back next year though, plodding along as usual.

tigerbenji
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by tigerbenji » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 7:20 am

See you later Laurie, Morris, Pearce, Woods, Fifita, & Hayne just for starters. We lost this series in the second game of the series & you dont have to be a Brain surgeon to work this out, no plan B.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 7:30 am

As for Tedesco, he's a downhill skier at Origin level. Looked unstoppable in game 1 when NSW were on a roll. Wasn't a threat at all in games 2 and 3. The Maroons telegraphed everything he did.

maxxy86
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by maxxy86 » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 7:54 am

Mentally the blues weren't in the game last night...... And that comes from the coach not getting the players up for it IMO.
NSW needs a coach with a good record at this level and Gould ticks that box. Vautin asked him a few years back to take on the job. Surely he wants this s*** to end!!!!!!
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 8:09 am

maxxy86 wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 7:54 am
Mentally the blues weren't in the game last night...... And that comes from the coach not getting the players up for it IMO.
NSW needs a coach with a good record at this level and Gould ticks that box. Vautin asked him a few years back to take on the job. Surely he wants this s*** to end!!!!!!
Gus is still a few retirements away from returning. You can see it coming when Smith and co step aside, Gus all of a sudden gets the urge to want to turn things around. He'll come back and win a couple series and he'll walk around like he's the king of Origin again.

TIGER
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 8:13 am

tigerap wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 12:01 am
If Brooks is smart he should see tonight's loss as his window of opportunity to SOO for 2018 and beyond... The Pearce And Maloney show is over for good at this level, Brooks should start 2018 playing out of his skin and put himself into SOO calculations
:roll Hahaaaaaaaaa

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by mike » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 8:19 am

tigerap wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 12:01 am
If Brooks is smart he should see tonight's loss as his window of opportunity to SOO for 2018 and beyond... The Pearce And Maloney show is over for good at this level, Brooks should start 2018 playing out of his skin and put himself into SOO calculations
I'd like to see that but doubt I ever will, he's just not that good. Hope to be proven wrong.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

momo&medo
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by momo&medo » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 8:22 am

sheer64 wrote:
Wed 12 Jul, 2017 11:33 pm
Once again QLD proved it means more to them. They came out with a smart game plan with Smith running early and exposing our marker defense. It was over by half time no matter the score, as our halves were unable to match the skill of theirs. Well done to QLD.
Couldn't believe NSW used Woods and Fifita as starting props.
No wonder Smith had such a field day running at them.
They are both slow slugs it was an invitation for disaster.
All up a very forgetful night for NSW fans.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 8:27 am

If Maloney is on the outer, Reynolds could come back in next year. Unless the Blues are willing to do something radical and play Bird at 6. It'll probably be Moylan and Cleary in the halves.

Telltails
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Telltails » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 8:27 am

A cycle of losing just as hard to break at that level as it is in the competition. We blew it in game 2. They knew it and so did we.

steve-o
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by steve-o » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 8:40 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 8:09 am
maxxy86 wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 7:54 am
Gus is still a few retirements away from returning. You can see it coming when Smith and co step aside, Gus all of a sudden gets the urge to want to turn things around. He'll come back and win a couple series and he'll walk around like he's the king of Origin again.
You're spot on with this
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

coivtny
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by coivtny » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 9:11 am

I turned off after 10 minutes last night. Qld were so dominant and looked clear winners even then. At my age I just couldn't take another 80 minutes of shouting at the TV. But the series should have been won in game 2. I will never forget (or forgive) one of the most selfish plays I've seen in a long time when Hayne refused to pass to an unmarked winger. We'll never know but, in my view, had we scored that try I don't believe Qld would have been able to come back. Selfish play from a selfish player. Hope we've seen the last of some Blues players including Pearce, Ferguson, Hayne to name a few.

Earl
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Earl » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 9:15 am

stryker wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 12:16 am
cktiger wrote:
Wed 12 Jul, 2017 11:48 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Wed 12 Jul, 2017 11:36 pm
stryker wrote:
Wed 12 Jul, 2017 11:34 pm

Yes he is miles behind him too. Someone during the week claimed him to be the best fullback in the world...on 2017 form he should not have even been in the NSW team. Dugan was the correct choice.
Teddy hasn't been that great this year but turn it up he's not miles behind Boyd. It's not hard to look good behind the Bronco's pack.
Tedesco didn't get a chance tonight.
He was telegraphed the ball every time with the QLD outside backs offside all night.
There is no way Boyd is better than him as an attacking fullback.
Slater went ok tonight for a grub having his last hurrah, but Tedesco is the future.
Rubbish he had ample chances.
Boyd and Slater are footballers. Teddy is a selfish showpony like Hayne. They are head and shoulders above him talent wise.
Sort of. I think Teddy and Hayne have close to the same talent levels as Slater and Boyd. They aren't though footy players and they love to make it all about them.

Earl
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Earl » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 9:19 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 13 Jul, 2017 1:21 am
Why didn't anyone mention the almost useless hooker. Yes Peats is terrific in defence but that is only half the game. It was all so predictable, I can't remember one run. I thought we went better when Bird was DH, at least he made on good run close to the try line. Of course my first grade footie mate stated someone else is better but I won't name names.
You'll like this. Robbie should have been picked. He offers a lot lot more than Peats. Peats is just a bog average first grader.

We had a spine of Peats/Pearce/Maloney/Turdesco. Queensland had Smith/Cronk/Munster/Slater. Maloney is the only player we had that is close to the level of their opposite number. Peats & Pearce don't really do much if anything at this level.

Return to “State of Origin”