NSW Origin Team

Tigerdon

Re: NSW Origin Team

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 11:18 am

Russell wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 8:29 am
diedpretty wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 10:07 pm
Cordner would only hold his place because he is captain and comes from the rorters - he offers nothing - another flat track bully that goes missing when the chips are down.
Finally someone who has seen him for what he is. NOTHING!!!!!
I remember a game about two years ago, WT's ¥ Roosters and he was running off Pearce and destroyed us. The Roosters Middle players were way on top and he had a field day. Don't remember many recent games when he has dominated. The Saints 2nd Rowers have been very good over the last couple of years.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 11:31 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 11:18 am
Russell wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 8:29 am
diedpretty wrote:
Thu 26 Apr, 2018 10:07 pm
Cordner would only hold his place because he is captain and comes from the rorters - he offers nothing - another flat track bully that goes missing when the chips are down.
Finally someone who has seen him for what he is. NOTHING!!!!!
I remember a game about two years ago, WT's ¥ Roosters and he was running off Pearce and destroyed us. The Roosters Middle players were way on top and he had a field day. Don't remember many recent games when he has dominated. The Saints 2nd Rowers have been very good over the last couple of years.
He's definitely been down on form for the last 12 months or so but he did have a great period for a while there. He runs good lines and he runs them hard. Good work rate. Solid in defence and can hit hard. I can absolutely see why they were picking him when he was playing well, but he's not playing well now.

joelw2002

Post by joelw2002 » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 11:56 am

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Blake Ferguson
3. James Roberts
4. Latrell Mitchell
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Luke Keary
7. James Maloney
8. James Tamou
9. Damien Cook
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Tariq Sims
13. Jack De Belin

14. Junior Paulo
15. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
16. Wade Graham
17. Jake Trbojevic
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

barra

Post by barra » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 2:05 pm

Tommy Turbo, Fergo and JAC all deserve a spot but I can't see them not selecting Tedesco. One will miss out and I reckon that's JAC.

Cordner will also get selected ahead of others more worthy.

And if they go with Woods... that will mean there'll be cranky wingers, back rowers AND props that don't get a gig!

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 3:13 pm

From smh.....
JUST 21 minutes of NRL football may be under his belt but Brisbane teenager Payne Haas has already done enough to be claimed by NSW.

Haas made his NRL debut off the bench on Thursday night but NSWRL boss Dave Trodden has not wasted time sabotaging any potential Queensland poaching plans by announcing the giant 18-year-old is “definitely” a Blues player. Haas had already earned comparisons with NSW juggernaut Andrew Fifita before his impressive performance in the Broncos’ 24-20 win over South Sydney, making 86 metres and 13 tackles in his cameo.
“You’re seeing the birth of a superstar,” Phil Gould said on the Nine Network’s commentary.
Haas raised eyebrows when he trained in an opposed session with Queensland’s team last year but Trodden said the teenager had made his Origin preference clear.

“Definitely NSW team. He was born in NSW, he captained our under 18 team last year in a great win against Queensland and his contractual election is to play for Australia ... so that definitely qualifies him to play for NSW,” Trodden told Sky Sports Radio on Friday.

Haas was born in Newcastle but went to school on the Gold Coast, emerging from famous rugby league nursery Keebra Park State High.
However, the 194cm, 117kg Haas has nominated NSW as his preferred state and has played for the Blues under 18 team the past two years.

Origin eligibility rules are based on five criteria — in which state were you born; in which state did you first play for the majority of years aged 6-18; in which state did you spend the majority of school years; in which state did you first play in a state-run junior rep competition aged 15 years or above; and for which state did you first play rugby league at a school representative level.
Asked if Haas could play for Queensland, Trodden said: “Can’t happen. “He’s definitely in a place where he can play for the Broncos all he likes but when it comes to State of Origin time he’ll be in a blue jersey.” Haas attracted the interest of 10 NRL clubs and American colleges offering football scholarships before signing for the Broncos on a three-year deal until 2019, at just 16, after a chat with coach Wayne Bennett.

Haas may have pledged his allegiance to NSW but it didn’t stop Queensland using the youngster as a “Fifita clone” in an opposed Origin training session last year.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 3:17 pm

barra wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 2:05 pm
Tommy Turbo, Fergo and JAC all deserve a spot but I can't see them not selecting Tedesco. One will miss out and I reckon that's JAC.

And if they go with Woods... that will mean there'll be cranky wingers, back rowers AND props that don't get a gig!
What would be your side if you were selector?

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 3:33 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 3:13 pm
From smh.....
JUST 21 minutes of NRL football may be under his belt but Brisbane teenager Payne Haas has already done enough to be claimed by NSW.

Haas made his NRL debut off the bench on Thursday night but NSWRL boss Dave Trodden has not wasted time sabotaging any potential Queensland poaching plans by announcing the giant 18-year-old is “definitely” a Blues player. Haas had already earned comparisons with NSW juggernaut Andrew Fifita before his impressive performance in the Broncos’ 24-20 win over South Sydney, making 86 metres and 13 tackles in his cameo.
“You’re seeing the birth of a superstar,” Phil Gould said on the Nine Network’s commentary.
Haas raised eyebrows when he trained in an opposed session with Queensland’s team last year but Trodden said the teenager had made his Origin preference clear.

“Definitely NSW team. He was born in NSW, he captained our under 18 team last year in a great win against Queensland and his contractual election is to play for Australia ... so that definitely qualifies him to play for NSW,” Trodden told Sky Sports Radio on Friday.

Haas was born in Newcastle but went to school on the Gold Coast, emerging from famous rugby league nursery Keebra Park State High.
However, the 194cm, 117kg Haas has nominated NSW as his preferred state and has played for the Blues under 18 team the past two years.

Origin eligibility rules are based on five criteria — in which state were you born; in which state did you first play for the majority of years aged 6-18; in which state did you spend the majority of school years; in which state did you first play in a state-run junior rep competition aged 15 years or above; and for which state did you first play rugby league at a school representative level.
Asked if Haas could play for Queensland, Trodden said: “Can’t happen. “He’s definitely in a place where he can play for the Broncos all he likes but when it comes to State of Origin time he’ll be in a blue jersey.” Haas attracted the interest of 10 NRL clubs and American colleges offering football scholarships before signing for the Broncos on a three-year deal until 2019, at just 16, after a chat with coach Wayne Bennett.

Haas may have pledged his allegiance to NSW but it didn’t stop Queensland using the youngster as a “Fifita clone” in an opposed Origin training session last year.
He looked really good, especially considering it was only his debut, and he's 18. The guy is a giant.. But doesn't look lazy like a Tony Williams.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 4:47 pm

who-ever is picked for nsw, when leading at half time in the 2nd game, (after you've won game 1) don't fall to crap like last series.

no hero players in the team, either...
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

joelw2002

Post by joelw2002 » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 11:24 pm

barra wrote:

Surely not with Brad Fitler. He said he's going off pure form.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 11:45 pm

Demps wrote:
Sun 15 Apr, 2018 10:53 am
1. French
2. Tedesco
3. Aaron Gray
4. Hayne
5. Uate

6. Keary
7. Moses

8. Mannah
9. Peats
10. Woods
11. Beau Scott
12. Gallen
13. Graham

14. Cartwright
15. Tolman
16. Pearce
17. Tim Grant
Good call Demps , chosen like a true Qlder

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 27 Apr, 2018 11:54 pm

Qld are ripe for the picking with retirements ,form and injuries

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 3:43 am

I don't know about the talk around Mitchell and Roberts. Both are rapid and have a lot of talent, but they aren't 80 minute players. They both fade in and out of games and don't go searching for the ball. I don't think either of them has enough ticker for origin. I'd have one for x-factor but not both.

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 6:54 am

Fraze23 wrote:
Sat 28 Apr, 2018 3:43 am
I don't know about the talk around Mitchell and Roberts. Both are rapid and have a lot of talent, but they aren't 80 minute players. They both fade in and out of games and don't go searching for the ball. I don't think either of them has enough ticker for origin. I'd have one for x-factor but not both.
I'd pick Roberts to go with Addo-Carr on the same side of the field.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 9:13 am

Fraze23 wrote:
You could say the same about GI Fraze

But in those minutes he is on , he can change a game

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 10:42 am

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 28 Apr, 2018 6:54 am
Fraze23 wrote:
That way you can have 2 duds on the same side of the field. Lol

barra

Post by barra » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 11:26 am

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Fri 27 Apr, 2018 3:17 pm
barra wrote:

What would be your side if you were selector?
Still a ways out of course. For me, the centres are the biggest issue - I know Tom Turbo hasn't played there for a while but when he did I thought he handled it well and along with Peachey on the bench we are well covered for any single injury 1 thru 7... In saying that, I wouldn't rule out Dugan - I don't think Mitchell or Aitken are ready.

Tedesco
Ferguson
Roberts
Trbojevic T
JAC
Keary
Maloney
RCG
Cook
Vaughan
Graham
Trbojevic J
Frizell

Klemmer
DeBelin
Sims
Peachey

Jackson

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 12:15 pm

1. Tedesco
2. Addo-Carr
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. Euin Atkin
5. Mansour
6. Keary
7. Maloney
8. Ryan James
9. McKinnes
10. Paul Vaugn
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Wade Graham
15. Jake Trbojivch
16. Tariq Sims
17. Campbell-Gillard

Strong Dragons presence with 6 players picked.
Can't justify picking any of the under performing team players like Woods & Klem.

Fresh looking team with some fresh meat for the future.

Keary plays cos there is legitimately no better option. No disrespect to Brooks who I don't wanna see play for NSW this year.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 1:20 pm

Russell wrote:
Sat 28 Apr, 2018 10:42 am
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 28 Apr, 2018 6:54 am
Fraze23 wrote:
That way you can have 2 duds on the same side of the field. Lol
Lol

2 duds eh?

You never disappoint russ