New Halfback Needed

Tiger Watto

Re: New Halfback Needed

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 9:08 am

Geo. wrote:
Sun 25 Mar, 2018 8:59 am
Tiger Watto wrote:
Sun 25 Mar, 2018 8:36 am
I feel the line has been drawn in the sand on Pearce.

I'd say Maloney is a lock in at 6.

The Bolter could be Blake Green [undefeated in 2018] or Chad Townsend [won a premiership with Maloney]?

Moses will be in the mix too
Why do you even care...?
I'm always here for you Geo
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 9:49 am

Brooks - SOO ..... you have to be kidding.

He is still trying to come good at NRL - give him a chance.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 9:53 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
Sun 25 Mar, 2018 9:08 am
Geo. wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:

The Bolter could be Blake Green [undefeated in 2018] or Chad Townsend [won a premiership with Maloney]?

Why do you even care...?
We have to care for you Geo , Lifeline is busy with Parra and Canberra supporters :lol:

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 1:53 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 25 Mar, 2018 9:53 am
Tiger Watto wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:

Why do you even care...?
We have to care for you Geo , Lifeline is busy with Parra and Canberra supporters :lol:
Sorry about the joke but the old Callam Park hospital must have been packed out with Maggie fans cursing Silvertails
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 2:25 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 25 Mar, 2018 1:53 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Why do you even care...?
Sorry about the joke but the old Callam Park hospital must have been packed out with Maggie fans cursing Silvertails
Could that be Callan Park?

Tigerstruck

Post by Tigerstruck » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 3:32 pm

upthetigers wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 11:40 pm
Doubt Cleary was the front-runner it's still too early for him imo.

I'd be perfectly happy with picking the same halves combo it's the forwards that began to get dominated in game 2.

Pearce has a bad record just like every other Blues player so using that against him is just retarded.
Yep I reckon we'll have to stick with the same halves. We just have no more options, and I still feel Maloney and Pearce work well together

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 6:34 pm

Russell wrote:
Sun 25 Mar, 2018 2:25 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:

of course, one of the nuns who taught me 60 years ago ended up in there poor lady - she terrorised 3 generations of students.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 6:53 pm

6. Moylan
7. Maloney
Its an opinion!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 9:02 pm

Give Gamble a crack.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 9:05 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 25 Mar, 2018 9:02 pm
Give Gamble a crack.
QLDer :lol:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 9:07 pm

ku5tom wrote:
Sun 25 Mar, 2018 9:05 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 25 Mar, 2018 9:02 pm
Give Gamble a crack.
QLDer :lol:
Ahh. That explains why he’s not being pushed :lol:

Tiger Tim

Post by Tiger Tim » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 9:23 pm

Adam Reynolds will be in the running i would think. Has Luke Keary declared who he would play for. I read that he was born in QLD but played in Sydney as a Kid. He'd be a chance i would think.

Post by 851 » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 9:29 pm

Tiger Tim wrote:
Sun 25 Mar, 2018 9:23 pm
Adam Reynolds will be in the running i would think. Has Luke Keary declared who he would play for. I read that he was born in QLD but played in Sydney as a Kid. He'd be a chance i would think.
Keary is a blue, and in stellar form, another cracker game tonight, he will be right in the mix
Go hard or go home

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 9:31 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 25 Mar, 2018 9:29 pm
Tiger Tim wrote:
Keary is a blue, and in stellar form, another cracker game tonight, he will be right in the mix
It'll be Pearce and Keary IMO
Who else is there ??
Offical member of the MCK fan club.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 9:37 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 25 Mar, 2018 6:34 pm
Russell wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

of course, one of the nuns who taught me 60 years ago ended up in there poor lady - she terrorised 3 generations of students.
If the students were all like you then maybe she was right terrorising you,you would have driven her mad like you do us with the RF crap you cant let go of....
No wonder she ended up in one of those funny jackets that do up at the back..... :roll
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 25 Mar, 2018 11:00 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 25 Mar, 2018 9:37 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 25 Mar, 2018 6:34 pm
Russell wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

If the students were all like you then maybe she was right terrorising you,you would have driven her mad like you do us with the RF crap you cant let go of....
No wonder she ended up in one of those funny jackets that do up at the back..... :roll
if you could not spell big religious words, do maths or sing in key she would twist your ear whilst caning your backside, Mad Mick was her nickname. And she did end up in a straight jacket as my mother witnessed when visiting her.

Now as we all know of course Robbie played half back for Lebanon in the recent world cup - against the Aussies and he did very bloody well and that was only about six months ago so of course he can be legitimately considered.

Sister Mick also taught me how to tackle.

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 11:59 am

851 wrote:
Sun 25 Mar, 2018 9:29 pm
Tiger Tim wrote:
Luke Keary requests meeting with Todd Greenberg over State of Origin eligibility
LUKE Keary is so desperate to play for Queensland and not NSW he has asked for a meeting with NRL head of football Todd Greenberg.

Todd Balym
News Corp AustraliaJANUARY 24, 20148:16AM

Luke Keary during warm up for South Sydney Rabbitohs training.Source:News Limited
RISING South Sydney star Luke Keary is so desperate to wear Maroon and not be forced to play for NSW that he has requested a meeting with NRL head of football Todd Greenberg.
Greenberg told The Courier-Mail that he was willing to listen to Keary's plea to reverse the ARL Commission's eligibility ruling because the young halfback's case was so unique.
Keary was born and raised in Ipswich until he was 10, even started his junior football career in the region, but then moved to Sydney where he continued to rise through the school and junior ranks to become the budding superstar he is today.
Under the ARLC eligibility criteria, Keary answers four questions NSW and only one for Queensland which is why he was deemed to be a Blue by the game's powerbrokers.
Maroons coach Mal Meninga is fully supportive of Keary's desire to represent Queensland, particularly after the likes of Rabbitohs Greg Inglis and Michael Crocker pushed his credentials as a star of the future last season.
But Greenberg understands Keary's case is complex and that is why he has accepted a request to meet the player to discuss the situation.
Luke Keary during warm up for South Sydney Rabbitohs training at Redfern Oval.
Luke Keary during warm up for South Sydney Rabbitohs training at Redfern Oval.Source:News Limited
The meeting won't result in an immediate overruling, but Greenberg said it would at least allow him to understand the reasoning behind the 21-year-old's desire and perhaps lead to an appeal hearing.
"I'm not sure if it's an appeal as such. He asked us to have a look at his situation which we confirmed back to him that we saw it as he is a NSW player," Greenberg said.
"He has asked to catch up with me personally to talk through it which I'm happy to do.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

"Whether that goes to a more formal request I'm not sure but I'm certainly going to catch up with him in the next couple of weeks.
"It's never a perfect system because people have rights of birth and where they play their football, but that decision was undertaken and conveyed back to him.
"But if he has asked for that meeting I'm certainly happy to talk him through the issues."
Discussion of Keary's Origin potential might be scoffed by some, especially as the kid has only just broken into first grade, but settling the argument now is the best result considering it may not be too long before he becomes a genuine selection chance.
Luke Keary and Adam Reynolds.
Luke Keary and Adam Reynolds.Source:News Limited
Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire said Keary was already forcing his way into South Sydney's starting side for next season, forcing John Sutton into a likely move to the forward pack so he can partner Adam Reynolds in the halves.
Maguire said he's been impressed by Keary's preseason efforts and was excited about seeing him perform in the NRL trials.
"He has been excellent. He has had a really good preseason and I'm looking forward to seeing where he it takes him, he is a good player Luke," Maguire said.
Told Keary was already at the heart of an Origin fight Maguire was keen to see the youngster remain a Blue.
"I haven't spoken to him, but being a New South Welshman he would be handy in a NSW jersey," he said.
Originally published as Keary takes Origin plea to the top

No to Keary for me.

Post by 851 » Mon 26 Mar, 2018 5:03 pm

Of course Mal would want Keary, bloody QLD get it all at origin level, and to have Inglis endorse your claim, what a joke, he is a blue as well, the league should tell QLD to get lost they have had it too good for to long
Go hard or go home