Cammy to Quit SOO

happy tiger

Re: Cammy to Quit SOO

Post by happy tiger » Wed 16 May, 2018 10:37 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 9:22 am
Queenslanders...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :bawling :bawling :bawling :bawling
Yeah Nah

Just think we should expect a lot of changes , the side that many originally thought might get picked completely changes without Smith , that's all

NSW have a lot more pressure now , they are expected to win and Qld love the Underdog tag

And think NSW probably won't pick the same side now that Smith isn't there either .....

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 16 May, 2018 10:41 am

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 10:12 am
I find the timing of this strange. Why wait until the last minute. I wonder if he is planning to retire at seasons end and wants to have a shot at going back to back to at a further claim to his career.
Yeah, many commentators are crediting him for giving plenty of notice ...yeh right, 3 weeks out from game 1???

Im sure hes advised Walters & co of his plans a way before now

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 16 May, 2018 10:47 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 10:37 am
Geo. wrote:
Yeah Nah

Just think we should expect a lot of changes , the side that many originally thought might get picked completely changes without Smith , that's all

NSW have a lot more pressure now , they are expected to win and Qld love the Underdog tag

And think NSW probably won't pick the same side now that Smith isn't there either .....

Sorry couldn't hear you over all the :bawling :bawling :bawling :bawling :bawling :bawling :bawling north of the tweed...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 16 May, 2018 11:07 am

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 10:41 am
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 10:12 am
I find the timing of this strange. Why wait until the last minute. I wonder if he is planning to retire at seasons end and wants to have a shot at going back to back to at a further claim to his career.
Yeah, many commentators are crediting him for giving plenty of notice ...yeh right, 3 weeks out from game 1???

Im sure hes advised Walters & co of his plans a way before now
Maybe his reason for leaving the Broncs when he did ????????????

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 16 May, 2018 11:26 am

yeti wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 8:04 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 8:36 pm
Russell wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 7:44 pm
yeti wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 7:38 pm
Cam Smith may well be a guy everyone - south of the border - loves to hate. And I am certainly in that boat. Can't stand him.
However, he is without doubt one of the greatest ever players. And he would have been great in any era.
Congratulations to him.
Totally disagree - would not have lasted 5 seconds if he had to be a hooker.

In the era of Billy Wilson, Billy Marsh, Brian Davies, Noel Kelly etc. etc.

No Cammy there - he would have been dead. At a minimum would have had a face like a cauliflower.
Would of been great seeing his head used as a heavy-bag. Cowardly cheap-shot types like Cammy got sorted out pretty quickly in those days with a haymaker or a headbutt.
You guys are kidding yourselves. You reckon he couldn't have played with a couple of cauliflower ears and a flattened nose? He still would have been the best on ground.
I agree, he would have been the best on the ground.

FLAT ON HIS BACK IN A COMA!!!!

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 16 May, 2018 11:52 am

Russell wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 11:26 am
yeti wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
Russell wrote:

No Cammy there - he would have been dead. At a minimum would have had a face like a cauliflower.
Would of been great seeing his head used as a heavy-bag. Cowardly cheap-shot types like Cammy got sorted out pretty quickly in those days with a haymaker or a headbutt.
You guys are kidding yourselves. You reckon he couldn't have played with a couple of cauliflower ears and a flattened nose? He still would have been the best on ground.

:lol:

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 16 May, 2018 12:13 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 11:27 pm
Qld loses so much going into the 2018 series

Thurston ,Cronk ,Smith ,Gillett and McGuire

Something someone mentioned on 360 is Qld stop going up in almost guaranteed 6's

If they don't pick DCE , next best kicker is Valentine Holmes and he isn't even the best at his club
Bit of a myth that Cammy is a dead-eye goalkicker though. His career % is only low 70's I believe (might even be high 60's?) He misses plenty of attempts, unlike Thurston.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 16 May, 2018 12:16 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 12:13 pm
happy tiger wrote:

Something someone mentioned on 360 is Qld stop going up in almost guaranteed 6's

If they don't pick DCE , next best kicker is Valentine Holmes and he isn't even the best at his club
Bit of a myth that Cammy is a dead-eye goalkicker though. His career % is only low 70's I believe (might even be high 60's?) He misses plenty of attempts, unlike Thurston.
Who would you want taking a shot from wide out in an SOO decider

A recognized NRL kicker or a back up kicker who barely has his fingernails in the line up

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 16 May, 2018 12:19 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 11:26 am
yeti wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
Russell wrote:

:lol: Absolutely, he would of been on a first-name basis with the stretcher bearers back in the day. Knocked cold as a spud repeatedly you could guarantee it.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 16 May, 2018 12:24 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 12:16 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

A recognized NRL kicker or a back up kicker who barely has his fingernails in the line up
I couldnt care less who they have kicking. Just stating what his percentage is roughly.

Gagai is a decent kicker isn't he? He might get the job.
Pretty low of old mate Cammy to desert his troops and leave them without a goalkicker though.....quality bloke that Cammy.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 16 May, 2018 12:41 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 12:24 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

I couldnt care less who they have kicking. Just stating what his percentage is roughly.

Pretty low of old mate Cammy to desert his troops and leave them without a goalkicker though.....quality bloke that Cammy.
It's OK FTB

We know you hate Cammy as much as Demps hates Luke Burt :lol:

He's retired now , you can move on with your life

Find someone else now , no doubt another Qlder

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Wed 16 May, 2018 12:47 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 10:37 am
Geo. wrote:
Yeah Nah

NSW was expected to win even with Smith...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 22 May, 2018 9:27 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 12:24 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

FTB , this bloke was looking at you when he typed up this article , you might possibly be in Category 1 :lol:

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugby-le ... cid=ASUDHP

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 22 May, 2018 1:14 pm

And I'd say you are pretty much on the mark Happ.

Whatever good traits he has on the footy field are wiped clean by the fact that he was caught out cheating and in all actuality should of been banned from the NRL for years (like Sandor Earle), if not life. Not to mention all the grubby acts he has produced over the years.
Good player? Yes.
Total germ? You betcha.

Was it Matt Ballin a few years ago, a bloke who had come back from an ACL just prior, who looked to have injured his knee again and courageous, classy Cam gave him a knock behind the knee with his own knee in the in-goal? Sums the bloke up as far as I'm concerned.
Hopefully a few opposition players risk the wet-lettuce-leaf 2 week suspension for king-hitting blokes ala last weekend and give precious Cammy a few broken cheekbones before his playing days are done.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 23 May, 2018 8:45 am

I clicked on this thread just to read FTB's comments, I wasn't disappointed.

N.B. Cammy kicks at about 75%
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Clearyweareone

Post by Clearyweareone » Wed 23 May, 2018 9:55 am

If Bellyache coaches Broncos next year I see both Slater and Smith retiring at the end of the year.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 23 May, 2018 11:13 am

Clearyweareone wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 9:55 am
If Bellyache coaches Broncos next year I see both Slater and Smith retiring at the end of the year.
Smiths after 400 games , why he dumped SOO and rep footy

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 24 May, 2018 10:10 am

There’s been a lot said about Qlds loss of Cronk,Smith, and Thurston being hard to replace in the Toads team, (although , going on Thurston form this year, he won’t be missed at all, He’s gone a year too long)

But another player that’s gone off , without not much being said about his ordinary form is Matt Scott. He’s been a shadow of his former self and is not standing out at all.
I would think that the Blues camp would not have missed his ordinary performances.
I know he’s been back after injuries, but it looks like he is a week to week proposition as to whether he gets on the field.
It will take a big turnaround for him to be in top form.
I just hope he plays.