Geo. wrote:
Wed 06 Jun, 2018 7:05 pm
Who the hell is James Bracey...?
My misses asked me that and for once I didnt know the answer
I usually have an answer for everything
What is his background
Sounds like a character from the Brady Bunch
Wasnt he a stand in caller for the badminton in the Commonwealth games recently
I think that he was a sports presenter on Sky.

Don Kershane

Post by Don Kershane » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 12:00 pm

Channel Nine commentary pathetic. Ray Warren incoherent -don't know how anyone watching overseas could understand his ramblings and references to people and events anyone under 30 would not have a clue about. Feel a bit sorry for him as he seems to have been thrown in to the team due to the lack of talent around him. The best analogy is trying to speak to someone just arrived from overseas and using the most hackneyed Aussie slang and expecting them to understand.
The Fox league team put enthusiasm and energy into their calls . Can't really afford the subscription but it is my little luxury.

The NRL should speak to Nine and inform them of the need to improve the coverage to non local audiences.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 12:24 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 5:53 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 06 Jun, 2018 11:36 pm
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Wed 06 Jun, 2018 11:25 pm
No wonder Cook went down, interesting running technique from Chambers

How was that missed by the Refs?
Is Chambers trying to take the mantel as Chief Grub for when the current Chief GrubBilly, finally takes his specially made steel boots and disappears
The grubs been charged - dangerous contact....will only benefit.......Brisbane, if hes suspended
Chambers lifted his knee on pretty much every run he took last night, he is a cat.
Will watch the replay later in the week but he should have been charged with more than 1 count of lifting knees.
Remember ex-Dragons prop Craig Smith getting rubbed out for 4 or 5 weeks for exactly the same offence back in the late 90's.

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 12:39 pm

supercoach wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 8:26 am
Have not read the previous 8 pages, so hope I am not repeating anything, but old Ray Warren should be put out to pasture. The dribble he goes on with, loved the one when he was talking about JAC and said when he was at the Tigers and played along side his now fellow storm wingman. Poor old Ray, cant spell his name but the big Fijian never played for the Tigers, think he was thinking of Koro, but of cause he was long gone by the time JAC arrived.

Anyway Ray..give it away..your embarrassing
100% agree. He is actually doing a disservice to the NRL. Imagine a new comer watching their first game and this is what they have to listen too? FOX has really....kicked goals...with how they cover and commentate games. Not sure on all the shoot off side shows but the actual coverage is great. Ray had lost it 10 years ago, now its borderline sad. Oh wow ray, what year did the government gift the land to the Melbourne cricket club? tell that story again its great and relevant.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 12:45 pm

tigerbalm wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 12:39 pm
supercoach wrote:
Have not read the previous 8 pages, so hope I am not repeating anything, but old Ray Warren should be put out to pasture. The dribble he goes on with, loved the one when he was talking about JAC and said when he was at the Tigers and played along side his now fellow storm wingman. Poor old Ray, cant spell his name but the big Fijian never played for the Tigers, think he was thinking of Koro, but of cause he was long gone by the time JAC arrived.

100% agree. He is actually doing a disservice to the NRL. Imagine a new comer watching their first game and this is what they have to listen too? FOX has really....kicked goals...with how they cover and commentate games. Not sure on all the shoot off side shows but the actual coverage is great. Ray had lost it 10 years ago, now its borderline sad. Oh wow ray, what year did the government gift the land to the Melbourne cricket club? tell that story again its great and relevant.
Fatty shouldn't be in the box either

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 1:01 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 06 Jun, 2018 8:52 pm
Chambers is a hell of a player. One of the most underrated in the game.
He was the worst player out there last night. Easily. :lol:
He was absolutely hopeless.
He has taken over the mantle from Justin Hodges as the faux tough man of the QLD team. Wish punching was still allowed just so that someone could flog that smug-looking face of his.

Don Kershane

Post by Don Kershane » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 1:29 pm

tigerbalm wrote:
supercoach wrote:

Same old story in this country when one organization has a monopoly. Look what happened when there was an alternative to Channel Nine cricket coverage- the old boys club with their heads in the trough for decades get the boot.The C9 back slapping golf buddies should suffer the same fate.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 1:40 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 12:45 pm
tigerbalm wrote:
supercoach wrote:

Fatty shouldn't be in the box either
They had to wake Fatty up near the end of the Wrap-up.

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 1:49 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 5:38 am
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 06 Jun, 2018 11:16 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 06 Jun, 2018 10:58 pm
Not many Queenslanderrrrrrs in this thread..

I miss Stryker..

Watto is still sooking..blames the refs....
Only takes one of us to take you lads on

Remember I'm the smart bloke with the unbelievable IQ

Forgot to mention this , when I tried to get clubs to back me with complaints about the ref ,when I posted a bloke replied .....Stryker :o
What happened to your tough guy mate....more important things in life?
I think he spends his time putting confrontational/controversial posts on League Unlimited - then bagging anyone who disagrees.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 5:20 pm

innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

I miss Stryker..

Forgot to mention this , when I tried to get clubs to back me with complaints about the ref ,when I posted a bloke replied .....Stryker :o
My tough guy mate ...

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 6:39 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tweed Tiger wrote:

Is Chambers trying to take the mantel as Chief Grub for when the current Chief GrubBilly, finally takes his specially made steel boots and disappears
Using knees/legs to defend yourself with the ball, must be a Melbourne thing. Don't worry, it was probably just an accident like all of the Storm grubbiness. If it's not......well then everyone does it.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 6:41 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 5:20 pm
innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

I miss Stryker..

My tough guy mate ...
....yes....?
Go on.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 7:19 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 6:39 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tweed Tiger wrote:

Using knees/legs to defend yourself with the ball, must be a Melbourne thing. Don't worry, it was probably just an accident like all of the Storm grubbiness. If it's not......well then everyone does it.
Pretty much the same as how Inglis seemed unable to control his elbow going into the face of everyone he tackled after they hit the ground.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 8:18 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 06 Jun, 2018 8:29 pm
Someone needs to put a shot on Inglis....gettin a bit big for his boots
Wouldnt expect anything less from the wife-beating, 2 contract-signing lowlife filth.
Shoulda sent Trent Barrett out there........he gave GlassJaw Greggy a lovetap back in the day and ol' GI went bye-byes. That was pretty memorable, probably the only time I cheered Baz in his career.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 9:25 pm

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 07 Jun, 2018 9:55 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 6:41 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 07 Jun, 2018 5:20 pm
innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

My tough guy mate ...
....yes....?
Go on.
He said Hi I was surprised he was on there ...... said Hi back ....the end

Should I get a lawyer ?? :?