Women's state of origin *spoilers*

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3173
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Re: Women's state of origin *spoilers*

Post by TIGER » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 4:27 pm

I thought this game was great.
But I thought the NRL and Women's Rugby League really blew a golden opportunity.

We have female touch judges in the NRL, why didn't we have 2 female touchies for this game at least?

A female referee would have been even better but I think they really missed an opportunity and they'll look back and realise that they should have made it an all women's affair.
If the NRL are serious about women's rugby league that's what we should have seen.


coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri 28 Apr, 2017 9:18 am
Location: Central Coast

Post by coivtny » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 4:45 pm

TIGER wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 4:27 pm
I thought this game was great.
But I thought the NRL and Women's Rugby League really blew a golden opportunity.

We have female touch judges in the NRL, why didn't we have 2 female touchies for this game at least?

A female referee would have been even better but I think they really missed an opportunity and they'll look back and realise that they should have made it an all women's affair.
If the NRL are serious about women's rugby league that's what we should have seen.
Couldn't agree more.

User avatar
Masterton
Member
Member
Posts: 2366
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Masterton » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 5:01 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 12:45 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 12:18 pm
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:19 am
Hopefully they make it into a proper 3 game series next year.
I wonder if it's feasible seeing these girls aren't pros like the blokes.
Studdon had to resign her job as it was all getting too much.... It would be tough on all of them with other commitments travelling interstate etc over a 6 week period
That is where the NRL should step in... easiest way to grow the game would be for the NRL to sell the Womens SOO TV rights independently, pay the players involved say $10k per game over a 3 game series. Even if it runs at a loss which it probably would, the dividends would be two fold, serving as an advertisment for womens NRL, whilst also lifting the external work committments off the the players allowing them to become more professional and thus lifting the standard.

It would be foolish of the NRL not to exploit the ready made market.
I've heard AFL supporters spruiking how far ahead they are in the women's market. Fortunately, that game was ten times as good as anything they have offered yet. Take advantage.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5211
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:48 am

hobbo wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 9:25 am
Geo. wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 9:20 am
Image

Post game celebration ..kissing a Queensladerrrrrr...eweeeeeee
Carpet munchers
Thanks for the laugh Hobbo!

The PC crew will be up in arms mate hehe

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4420
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 5:36 am

If it was two guys kissing after a men's game I can't imagine the reaction would be the same. there would be comments like "his beard is rough" and John Laws would be fuming. And poor Frank Hyde and Laurie Nichols would be turning in their... (it is obvious why you guys love me)
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)


Silentio
Member
Member
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon 01 Jun, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by Silentio » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 9:50 am

I've never watched women's league before - what a great game!

Watching some fast, skillful off the cuff footy was certainly refreshing.

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39591
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 10:22 am

Black'n'White wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 12:45 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 12:18 pm
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:19 am
Hopefully they make it into a proper 3 game series next year.
I wonder if it's feasible seeing these girls aren't pros like the blokes.
Studdon had to resign her job as it was all getting too much.... It would be tough on all of them with other commitments travelling interstate etc over a 6 week period
That is where the NRL should step in... easiest way to grow the game would be for the NRL to sell the Womens SOO TV rights independently, pay the players involved say $10k per game over a 3 game series. Even if it runs at a loss which it probably would, the dividends would be two fold, serving as an advertisment for womens NRL, whilst also lifting the external work committments off the the players allowing them to become more professional and thus lifting the standard.

It would be foolish of the NRL not to exploit the ready made market.
I wonder how big the contracts they are currently signing are to play in the WNRL are ??

I know that Kody House struggled last year , her job moved her to a place where there was no Womans rugby league and she only played once a month

Pretty sure she is in Brisbane now .........

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2027
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 11:50 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:48 am
hobbo wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 9:25 am
Geo. wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 9:20 am
Image

Post game celebration ..kissing a Queensladerrrrrr...eweeeeeee
Carpet munchers
Thanks for the laugh Hobbo!

The PC crew will be up in arms mate hehe
That photo wasn't appreciated by the average rugby league fan. They always say don't bring politics into sport.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5211
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:11 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 11:50 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:48 am
hobbo wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 9:25 am
Geo. wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 9:20 am
Image

Post game celebration ..kissing a Queensladerrrrrr...eweeeeeee
Carpet munchers
Thanks for the laugh Hobbo!

The PC crew will be up in arms mate hehe
That photo wasn't appreciated by the average rugby league fan. They always say don't bring politics into sport.
They're politicians?

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4420
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:17 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:11 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 11:50 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:48 am
hobbo wrote:
Sat 23 Jun, 2018 9:25 am


Carpet munchers
Thanks for the laugh Hobbo!

The PC crew will be up in arms mate hehe
That photo wasn't appreciated by the average rugby league fan. They always say don't bring politics into sport.
They're politicians?
It would be funny if ten mins before the pic they were doing Liverpool Kisses
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39591
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:19 pm

Chelsea Baker was at my daughters school today , fitness routines

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2027
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:25 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:19 pm
Chelsea Baker was at my daughters school today , fitness routines
Which position and state did she play? I'm not good with remembering players that only get their game on tv once.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39591
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:29 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:25 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:19 pm
Chelsea Baker was at my daughters school today , fitness routines
Which position and state did she play? I'm not good with remembering players that only get their game on tv once.
Fullback , had the Maroon hair

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2027
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:40 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:29 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:25 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:19 pm
Chelsea Baker was at my daughters school today , fitness routines
Which position and state did she play? I'm not good with remembering players that only get their game on tv once.
Fullback , had the Maroon hair
Took the conversions as well?
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39591
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:57 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:40 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:29 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:25 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 9:19 pm
Chelsea Baker was at my daughters school today , fitness routines
Which position and state did she play? I'm not good with remembering players that only get their game on tv once.
Fullback , had the Maroon hair
Took the conversions as well?
Yeah

Post Reply