2018 ORIGIN II *Live Thread...

Ivan cleary

Re: 2018 ORIGIN II *Live Thread...

Post by Ivan cleary » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:55 pm

Are there any highlights from the residents game ?

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:57 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:53 pm
hobbo wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:52 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:14 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 9:59 pm

Was referring to happy but I think he OD on the Toads..was posting in other threads..
Next time I'll let you all know when I leave the house OK

Better team lost , congrats on the series win , NSW handled the big moments better

Had to disagree majorly on the penalty try , what happened with the 2nd situation was the correct call for both

If the ball is sitting idle in the ingoal yes definitely , it takes two big hops , if Cordner arrives at the moment the 2nd hop occurs their is a chance he doesn't catch it especially if in the motion of diving for it

The call that really irked me was the dangerous throw , the refs weren't doing anything about it until NSW rushes in

So fine , give them a penalty , but why then doesn't Maloney need a HIA if his head contacted the ground with such force ....

Hunt has to go , proven to me he isn't a SOO player , DCE has a far better short kicking game if that what his sole responsibility is
Better team lost ...
:roll
:bawling

Suck it up toad boy :lol:
I know this would be hard , learn to be gracious winners like we were for about 12/13 series wins
Yeah ...right .....:roll
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:02 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:57 pm
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Better team lost , congrats on the series win , NSW handled the big moments better

Had to disagree majorly on the penalty try , what happened with the 2nd situation was the correct call for both

If the ball is sitting idle in the ingoal yes definitely , it takes two big hops , if Cordner arrives at the moment the 2nd hop occurs their is a chance he doesn't catch it especially if in the motion of diving for it

The call that really irked me was the dangerous throw , the refs weren't doing anything about it until NSW rushes in

So fine , give them a penalty , but why then doesn't Maloney need a HIA if his head contacted the ground with such force ....

Hunt has to go , proven to me he isn't a SOO player , DCE has a far better short kicking game if that what his sole responsibility is
Better team lost ...

I know this would be hard , learn to be gracious winners like we were for about 12/13 series wins
Yeah ...right .....:roll

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:09 pm

Ivan cleary wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:55 pm
Full game

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/06/2 ... residents/

Cant see any highlights yet.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:15 pm

Kevin Walters was asked about Hunts execution on the field and he said he was all for it

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:33 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:09 pm
Ivan cleary wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:55 pm
Full game

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/06/2 ... residents/

Cant see any highlights yet.
36-20 NSW , NSW led 36-4 at one stage

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:56 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:48 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Was referring to happy but I think he OD on the Toads..was posting in other threads..

oh couldn't hear you from the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Sore winners .....aren't the worst

Bloke congratulates you on a series win , be gracious :brick:

By the way Panama are killing it in the LMS comp
Congratulates NSW on a series win with the backhanded comment "the better team lost" - yeah right!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:09 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:56 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Congratulates NSW on a series win with the backhanded comment "the better team lost" - yeah right!
OK does this suit you better , Qld (numpty Hunt ) lost that game pure and simple , NSW fell over the line , Congrats on the series win

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:16 am

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:09 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

OK does this suit you better , Qld (numpty Hunt ) lost that game pure and simple , NSW fell over the line , Congrats on the series win
No ... not good enough!
NSW didn’t fall over the line ..
Try again :bash:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:26 am

happy tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Better team lost ...

Qld were never gracious winners throughout their streak.....Yay yay yippee yippee and all that crap, that got thrown into Australian Test team celebrations to top it off.
Shouldn't have been a penalty try IMO, it was worth a sin bin. If the definition of a penalty try is it has to be a certainty then it was far from it. But good to see it awarded anyhow :lol:
Thurston looked like someone had dropped a grogan in his schooner on the post-match show.
Wonder if Woodsy was watchin on the telly having a feed with his missus?
Congratulations NSW.
Poor Ben Hunt, in the 2nd half it was a relief when the ball was in his hands coz you just knew he wasn't going to make anything good happen.
Willy Chamber up to his standard faux tough guy antics, would love nothing more than to see someone go berko and beat his melon to a pulp on the field.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:41 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:26 am
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Better team lost ...

Qld were never gracious winners throughout their streak.....Yay yay yippee yippee and all that crap, that got thrown into Australian Test team celebrations to top it off.
Shouldn't have been a penalty try IMO, it was worth a sin bin. If the definition of a penalty try is it has to be a certainty then it was far from it. But good to see it awarded anyhow :lol:
Thurston looked like someone had dropped a grogan in his schooner on the post-match show.
Congratulations NSW.
Poor Ben Hunt, in the 2nd half it was a relief when the ball was in his hands coz you just knew he wasn't going to make anything good happen.
Willy Chamber up to his standard faux tough guy antics, would love nothing more than to see someone go berko and beat his melon to a pulp on the field.
I don't see how it was far from it. Chambers was metres behind Cordner and he easily took possession of it with plenty of time to ground it. He clearly showed just how easily Cordner would have scored. It was more certain than some of the other ones I've seen given where it's relied upon a difficult bounce - here you could comfortably say that the ball was going to dolly up for Cordner with plenty of time for him to gather and ground it. 100% it was a penalty try.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:51 am

Great game and a great result. Its the only joy a NSW wests fan can get.

tigerbill

Post by tigerbill » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:56 am

As much as he plays well Latrell Mitchell won't be winning prizes for sportsmanship. On another note, I've never seen why the Trbojevic brothers are so talked about. Club level or origin. Cotric is miles ahead of Tom and Jake has nothing.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:57 am

Nelson wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:41 am
Fade To Black wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:

Better team lost ...

Congratulations NSW.
I don't see how it was far from it. Chambers was metres behind Cordner and he easily took possession of it with plenty of time to ground it. He clearly showed just how easily Cordner would have scored. It was more certain than some of the other ones I've seen given where it's relied upon a difficult bounce - here you could comfortably say that the ball was going to dolly up for Cordner with plenty of time for him to gather and ground it. 100% it was a penalty try.
The whole penalty try scenario at any time is pure guesswork though. Tonights one was no different to the one Lawrence was denied last season vs Storm. The refs make it up as they go.
No argument about it being awarded a penalty try tonight, but he was hardly touched and there was still a lot of if, buts and maybe's about what could've/would've happened in the 10 metres he had to still travel to get the ball down.
Penalty and sin bin would've been my call. Just an opinion though.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 1:00 am

tigerbill wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:56 am
As much as he plays well Latrell Mitchell won't be winning prizes for sportsmanship. On another note, I've never seen why the Trbojevic brothers are so talked about. Club level or origin. Cotric is miles ahead of Tom and Jake has nothing.
Cant agree there mate.
Tom was playing out of position, he would tear it up at fullback in this team.
Jake is tough as nails, gets hit with plenty of bone-rattlers yet never spills the ball. He is a gun.
Would love both of those blokes in a Tigers jersey that is for damn certain.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 1:04 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:57 am
Nelson wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:41 am
Fade To Black wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Congratulations NSW.
The whole penalty try scenario at any time is pure guesswork though. Tonights one was no different to the one Lawrence was denied last season vs Storm. The refs make it up as they go.
No argument about it being awarded a penalty try tonight, but he was hardly touched and there was still a lot of if, buts and maybe's about what could've/would've happened in the 10 metres he had to still travel to get the ball down.
Penalty and sin bin would've been my call. Just an opinion though.
He would need to have been seriously retarded not to have scored. Maybe if it had been Jake Trbojevic coming through then they could have had some doubt based on his head...

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 3:44 am

There was doubt over the penalty try? Hahahahahaha

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 5:15 am

hobbo wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:16 am
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 12:09 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

No ... not good enough!
NSW didn’t fall over the line ..
Try again :bash:
Super cool Latrell fell over the line right through the fairy cake Mr tough guy Chambers.. :lol:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..