Qld assessment

steve-o

Re: Qld assessment

Post by steve-o » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:55 am

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 10:31 pm
steve-o wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 9:38 pm
Something that hasn’t really been discussed... does Kevie survive the axe as coach?
Be extremely surprised if he is sacked after one series lost

How many goes did Lozza get ??
It's not about the series loss, it's about whether or not he's the best coach. The Qld hierarchy seemed reluctant to hire him to begin with... Kevvie just sort of fell over the line after Green was ruled out by the Cowboys. The Broncos seem to have distanced themselves from Walters succeeding Bennett as well. Great bloke, but is he a good coach?
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 2:57 am

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 7:11 pm
Ok so who is the long term QLD hooker.

Granville, Friend and McCulloch in my mind have missed their chance but who the hell is coming through to take this spot.

Its a massive void!
Claudia fromFortitude Valley.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 3:10 am

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 7:57 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 7:25 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 7:12 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 7:08 pm

They are dead set fighting words lol.

Heugh and Jones were legends. As were LeMan, Patterson and Bella. E
Stirring old Watto up if he is still about

Had the pleasure of being related by marriage to Wayne Lindenberg , he could play

Watto is MIA

Lindenberg was my era, i was more Steve Stacey on the wing kind of guy
You lost a lot of GF's to my Panthers , was at the 1976 GF , Johnny Payne kicked a FG to lead 1-0 , Wests went on to win 16-1

John Ribot scored that day

Arguably Wests Golden Age , Greg Oliphant (went to Balmain ) ,Harry Cameron from the Roosters , Geoff Richardson was a dual international , Wayne Stewart played for Australia , the Williamson brothers Max and Bill , Rod Bradshaw , Richie Twist (Jason Twist's dad ) absolute superstar , Greg McCarthy , Gary Prickett (true ranga ,tough as they came )

Easts from memory had Greg Holben , the Morris brothers Des and Rod (Balmain player ) ,Lindenberg ,Johnny Lang , possibly Jeff Denman ,Geoff Naylor played for Balmain as well from memory

Here's some footage

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=19 ... &FORM=VIRE
hey, thanks for posting that link. Love the games of the 70s.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 6:44 am

happy tiger wrote:
steve-o wrote:
Something that hasn’t really been discussed... does Kevie survive the axe as coach?

#keepkevvy.. the Lozza of QLD... :lol: :lol: sign him for 10 years..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 6:59 am

happy tiger wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 7:08 pm

They are dead set fighting words lol.

Heugh and Jones were legends. As were LeMan, Patterson and Bella. E

Had the pleasure of being related by marriage to Wayne Lindenberg , he could play

Watto is MIA

You lost a lot of GF's to my Panthers , was at the 1976 GF , Johnny Payne kicked a FG to lead 1-0 , Wests went on to win 16-1

Arguably Wests Golden Age , Greg Oliphant (went to Balmain ) ,Harry Cameron from the Roosters , Geoff Richardson was a dual international , Wayne Stewart played for Australia , the Williamson brothers Max and Bill , Rod Bradshaw , Richie Twist (Jason Twist's dad ) absolute superstar , Greg McCarthy , Gary Prickett (true ranga ,tough as they came )

Easts from memory had Greg Holben , the Morris brothers Des and Rod (Balmain player ) ,Lindenberg ,Johnny Lang , possibly Jeff Denman ,Geoff Naylor played for Balmain as well from memory

Here's some footage

Ive come across that one before. Just a golden era of league all together, some legendary names running around.
Its an opinion!

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 7:02 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 9:08 pm
After watching most of a replay this afternoon,
I wonder why there’s so many saying that the future for Qld isn’t to
Bad.
Ponga is getting rave reviews, for a performance that was reasonable at best despite having an extra player for the last 10 minutes of the game,

However even with Gaining Ponga, (balanced by losing arguably the best Qld full back in SOO history)
There is a much bigger downside to their near future,
Just a quick at their performances show that the replacements that they needed aren’t yet unearthed.

Halfback,......... Hunt proved to be extremely unreliable in key moments in big games ..... probably Gone with no standout replacement. Maybe Morgan if he comes back the same as before
Taylor the best of small bunch after that.

Centre...........Chambers. highy regarded until this series, but shown up by Mitchel, and plays with his mouth more than not. Probably Was safe at the moment,I
Inglis
Ok at the moment, but Slower than he was, good defence though needs to find someone after next year at best,
No one stands out

5/8....... ok there unless an injury to Munster , then not much
Milford is lucky to be in first grade let alone SOO

Wings...........ok there with Holmes and Gagai , possibly room forOates if needed , or on the bench,

Back rowers........Napa needs to learn something apart from trying big hits which only come off every now and them, possibly safe

Cooper showing signs of being over it.
Wallace hasn’t shown much enthusiasm for SOO
Arrow looks like he’s going to stay
McGuire probably one of the best at the moment
But he’s good for a few stupid penalties in every game
Kaufusi by far the best of the Qlders in both games
And is safe
Hess has dropped off badly this year and has been
a major disappointment as has the Canberra second rower (can’t remember his name), played well in game 1 , but can’t remember seeing him on the field last night

Mc Cullough is about the best Hooker that’s available
And is no guaranteed pick

I don’t care who wins game three, It’s difficult to win all three for anyone , but Qld have much more problems than a Ponga can help, and I can’t see where the better players are,

Especially after listening to the residents game yesterday, where Qld got pasted
Some of the out of form Qlders such as Hess, Wallace etc, May aim up next year, but they’ll have to as the better replacements just aren’t jumping out of the woodwork

That is one of the most negative spins ive ever read.

Qld isnt going anywhere, its a small transitional phase while they settle on a half back and find a hooker. Everything else is coming along just fine.
Its an opinion!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 8:40 am

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 6:59 am
happy tiger wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Watto is MIA

Here's some footage

Ive come across that one before. Just a golden era of league all together, some legendary names running around.
Yeah so had I , never saw the 75 footage , though , totally forgot we almost blew a big lead that day

RIP Bunny Pierce from Redcliffe , great player , the car accident that took his life didn't happen that far from here , freak accident :(

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 8:50 am

happy tiger wrote:
steve-o wrote:

Yea! Hap and look what happened there.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 2:37 pm

Russell wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 8:50 am
happy tiger wrote:
steve-o wrote:

Yea! Hap and look what happened there.
I think you give him one series loss Russ , game 3 could have a bearing still

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 4:07 pm

They should appoint the walker brothers.

Would suit Qld to a tee, particularly if they can get both their heads on a single body

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:22 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 7:02 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Bad.
Ponga is getting rave reviews, for a performance that was reasonable at best despite having an extra player for the last 10 minutes of the game,

However even with Gaining Ponga, (balanced by losing arguably the best Qld full back in SOO history)
Just a quick at their performances show that the replacements that they needed aren’t yet unearthed.

Halfback,......... Hunt proved to be extremely unreliable in key moments in big games ..... probably Gone with no standout replacement. Maybe Morgan if he comes back the same as before

Centre...........Chambers. highy regarded until this series, but shown up by Mitchel, and plays with his mouth more than not. Probably Was safe at the moment,I
Inglis
Ok at the moment, but Slower than he was, good defence though needs to find someone after next year at best,
No one stands out

Wings...........ok there with Holmes and Gagai , possibly room forOates if needed , or on the bench,

Back rowers........Napa needs to learn something apart from trying big hits which only come off every now and them, possibly safe

And is safe
a major disappointment as has the Canberra second rower (can’t remember his name), played well in game 1 , but can’t remember seeing him on the field last night

I don’t care who wins game three, It’s difficult to win all three for anyone , but Qld have much more problems than a Ponga can help, and I can’t see where the better players are,

Especially after listening to the residents game yesterday, where Qld got pasted
Some of the out of form Qlders such as Hess, Wallace etc, May aim up next year, but they’ll have to as the better replacements just aren’t jumping out of the woodwork

Qld isnt going anywhere, its a small transitional phase while they settle on a half back and find a hooker. Everything else is coming along just fine.
I did'nt make the situation thats coming to the surface at the moment. A lack of forsight and planning did.
I didnt make up the fact that Hess has dropped off both in SOO, AND nrl so badly.
Or the fact that Ben Hunt has made some of the worst MISTAKES of his career in big games when under pressure, and they've cost games. and he hasnt improved
Or that McCullough is a reasonable hooker, in the nrl, but is no champion at the higher level.
Or that Wallace would even have less effect so far than Hess has
I havent suddenly made Cooper an ordinary player.
I have'nt turned Millford into a player that is now a shadow of what he was a few years ago.
Inglis is ageing, and is not the same player that used to run over anyone. Not my fault

if this is a small transitional phase, Im mother Theresa,
the one shining light for Qld ( ponga) is weighed up against losing a fullback that is not only great in attack but organises his teams defence better than any one in the game,
so nothing changes there, QLd still run out with an extremely good fullback.
Where are the replacements for Cronk. Smith, Thurston?????, there isnt any,
Maybe that is negative, but that's the situation that QLD ARE IN .
Im not saying that they wont win a game for 5 years oR something like that, Patriot.
But if QLD agree with you, and stick their head in the sand like that, it could be a long hard road

The Brains of the team is almost gone, and just bringing any one in and hoping that they are going to make the team what it was, wont work,
YOU DONT FIND A BIG 5 over night, and thats what mainly saved them in game after game

The game that will give a idea of how it will be, is going to be game 1 next year,
Im not negative , thats just how I see it.
only an opinion

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:29 pm

#keepkevvyto2027
Ivan's Laws

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:33 pm

Harvey wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 4:07 pm
They should appoint the walker brothers.

Would suit Qld to a tee, particularly if they can get both their heads on a single body
That'd save one contract, wouldnt IT? OR Is it one contract per head??

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 12:25 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:22 pm
The Patriot wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Bad.

Inglis
No one stands out

And is safe

I did'nt make the situation thats coming to the surface at the moment. A lack of forsight and planning did.
I didnt make up the fact that Hess has dropped off both in SOO, AND nrl so badly.
Or the fact that Ben Hunt has made some of the worst MISTAKES of his career in big games when under pressure, and they've cost games. and he hasnt improved
Or that McCullough is a reasonable hooker, in the nrl, but is no champion at the higher level.
I have'nt turned Millford into a player that is now a shadow of what he was a few years ago.
Inglis is ageing, and is not the same player that used to run over anyone. Not my fault

the one shining light for Qld ( ponga) is weighed up against losing a fullback that is not only great in attack but organises his teams defence better than any one in the game,
Im not saying that they wont win a game for 5 years oR something like that, Patriot.
But if QLD agree with you, and stick their head in the sand like that, it could be a long hard road

The Brains of the team is almost gone, and just bringing any one in and hoping that they are going to make the team what it was, wont work,
YOU DONT FIND A BIG 5 over night, and thats what mainly saved them in game after game

The game that will give a idea of how it will be, is going to be game 1 next year,
only an opinion
I don't think anyone has their head in the sand. Not at all. We all knew the loss of players was coming.

The hooking role is the only real concern though.
Its an opinion!

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 4:48 am

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 12:25 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 10:22 pm
The Patriot wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Bad.

Inglis
No one stands out

And is safe

only an opinion
I don't think anyone has their head in the sand. Not at all. We all knew the loss of players was coming.

The hooking role is the only real concern though.
I hope the Qld selectors agree with you then :D

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:34 pm

Bit dangerous having Munster, Hunt and DCE all on the field together , it could be hilarious , Munster hates Hunt, and the feelings mutual, they’ve already had round 1.
And almost everybody, (including the Qld selectors )can’t stand
DCE🤬
The only reason that he was selected is that Kevvie was still on the drink over the result of game 1 & 2 ,and wrote the wrong name on the team sheet, then the papers were on to it before he could change it, 😂

If a stink breaks out , Munster , Hunt , and DCE May start belting each other rather than the Blues players, can’t🤣 wait,
Is there a rule against punching your own players

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:45 pm

Pick n Stick..

Kevvy justifying DCE was funny stuff.. :lol:

#keepkevvy
Ivan's Laws

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 3:23 am

Geo. wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:45 pm
Pick n Stick..

Kevvy justifying DCE was funny stuff.. :lol:

#keepkevvy
I missed that, , bugger!