Eels vs Tigers Trial

Previous Rounds and Seasons discussions and an archive of threads and posts
BenjiMagic96

Re: Eels vs Tigers Trial

Post by BenjiMagic96 » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 8:18 pm

How you guys watching it?

LeichhardtTiger

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 8:43 pm

Sorry if I sound frustrated but I'm in Adelaide and I am not getting much coverage here - even Foxsports was selective about match highlights and they only showed some footage via a Story based on today's Parra fan day! So please advise when and if and how we can see the boys. I'm coming to Sydney for the May 24th match vs NQ at Leichhardt. I came up for last year's thriller vs Warriors - note to the Caterers - the beer ran out on the Hill by Half Time!
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

azsportza

Post by azsportza » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 8:46 pm

LeichhardtTiger wrote:Sorry if I sound frustrated but I'm in Adelaide and I am not getting much coverage here - even Foxsports was selective about match highlights and they only showed some footage via a Story based on today's Parra fan day! So please advise when and if and how we can see the boys. I'm coming to Sydney for the May 24th match vs NQ at Leichhardt. I came up for last year's thriller vs Warriors - note to the Caterers - the beer ran out on the Hill by Half Time!
This is the situation. The video was posted to weststigers.com.au around 6:20pm, and bigpond's system is terribly slow and is yet to publish the video. Once the video is live on the site, I can make my video live on my youtube channel.

It's coming I promise, but technology is not playing nice.

BenjiMagic96

Post by BenjiMagic96 » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 8:49 pm

azsportza wrote:
LeichhardtTiger wrote:Sorry if I sound frustrated but I'm in Adelaide and I am not getting much coverage here - even Foxsports was selective about match highlights and they only showed some footage via a Story based on today's Parra fan day! So please advise when and if and how we can see the boys. I'm coming to Sydney for the May 24th match vs NQ at Leichhardt. I came up for last year's thriller vs Warriors - note to the Caterers - the beer ran out on the Hill by Half Time!
This is the situation. The video was posted to weststigers.com.au around 6:20pm, and bigpond's system is terribly slow and is yet to publish the video. Once the video is live on the site, I can make my video live on my youtube channel.

It's coming I promise, but technology is not playing nice.
All good you have done your part and we really appreciate it

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 8:56 pm

seconded, lets have a b*tch about bigpond! :D
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 8:58 pm

the NRL should move away from the Bigpond template sites anyway. AFL are in the process of doing the same and have plans to broadcast all their matches within their website by 2015... if the NRL don't they'll fall behind because this Bigpond crap can't be relied on.

azsportza

Post by azsportza » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 8:59 pm

MacDougall wrote:the NRL should move away from the Bigpond template sites anyway. AFL are in the process of doing the same and have plans to broadcast all their matches within their website by 2015... if the NRL don't they'll fall behind because this Bigpond crap can't be relied on.
Until Telstra are non major sponsors of the game, we won't see Bigpond removed.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 9:05 pm

yeah I know, it's a curse lol

LeichhardtTiger

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 9:07 pm

Thanks for the info and thanks for your effort to produce this - I know how tricky it can be - I tried to produce my own video from the 2005 GF (Remember when we were young!) that Benji miracle pass to Pat Richards - trouble is I stuffed the recording up 'cos I was jumping up and down so much in the Olympic Stadium! Cheers
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

azsportza

Post by azsportza » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 9:26 pm

LeichhardtTiger wrote:Thanks for the info and thanks for your effort to produce this - I know how tricky it can be - I tried to produce my own video from the 2005 GF (Remember when we were young!) that Benji miracle pass to Pat Richards - trouble is I stuffed the recording up 'cos I was jumping up and down so much in the Olympic Stadium! Cheers
It does take a bit to make a video like that, especially doing graphics over the top. But I know the fans appreciate it and that is why I do it. The NRL clubs don't really do anything like this. It's now been three hours since the video was put into the Bigpond system, and nothing still.

Hopefully it appears tonight, I'm sure you will enjoy them once they are there.

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 9:46 pm

Hurry up haha how long do they need they are taking forever lol.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 9:51 pm

Jnr rego and fan day video on the official site still not working either despite being posted up several hours ago

LeichhardtTiger

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 9:55 pm

Good on you and thanks again for the feedback. Yeas and Fan Day is now frozen - bloody frustrating!

joe's magpies

Post by joe's magpies » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 10:02 pm

azsportza wrote:
LeichhardtTiger wrote:Thanks for the info and thanks for your effort to produce this - I know how tricky it can be - I tried to produce my own video from the 2005 GF (Remember when we were young!) that Benji miracle pass to Pat Richards - trouble is I stuffed the recording up 'cos I was jumping up and down so much in the Olympic Stadium! Cheers
It does take a bit to make a video like that, especially doing graphics over the top. But I know the fans appreciate it and that is why I do it. The NRL clubs don't really do anything like this. It's now been three hours since the video was put into the Bigpond system, and nothing still.

Hopefully it appears tonight, I'm sure you will enjoy them once they are there.
No worries azsportza. You are doing a great job. All of us supporters are grateful for what you are doing.

azsportza

Post by azsportza » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 10:07 pm

tigersrule4life wrote:Hurry up haha how long do they need they are taking forever lol.
There is a major problem with it all. No idea what it's taking so long, but I have been in contact with the digital guy from Tigers and it's just sitting in the system, Bigpond doing nothing about it.

I know you all are very grateful for having video, and it's coming - We're not holding out on it. If it was up to me, the video would be live already - But as it happened, Bigpond sucks.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 10:32 pm

azsportza wrote:
MacDougall wrote:the NRL should move away from the Bigpond template sites anyway. AFL are in the process of doing the same and have plans to broadcast all their matches within their website by 2015... if the NRL don't they'll fall behind because this Bigpond crap can't be relied on.

Telstra pay Big Bucks to be associated and we should respect that.

This work is actually done by a different company and housed in Bigpond world.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 11:18 pm

Spartan117 wrote:
azsportza wrote:

Telstra pay Big Bucks to be associated and we should respect that.

This work is actually done by a different company and housed in Bigpond world.
Unfortunately in the digital world that is guilt by association.

Bigpond McSuck for content distribution.

Aza, just out of interest, why can't you put it up on your blog first? Are you somewhat contracturly obligated to someone?

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 11:32 pm

youtube man...