Eels vs Tigers Trial

Previous Rounds and Seasons discussions and an archive of threads and posts

After last nights Trials

Post by Guest » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 11:47 pm

underdog wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:
azsportza wrote:
MacDougall wrote:the NRL should move away from the Bigpond template sites anyway. AFL are in the process of doing the same and have plans to broadcast all their matches within their website by 2015... if the NRL don't they'll fall behind because this Bigpond crap can't be relied on.
Until Telstra are non major sponsors of the game, we won't see Bigpond removed.

Telstra pay Big Bucks to be associated and we should respect that.

This work is actually done by a different company and housed in Bigpond world.
Unfortunately in the digital world that is guilt by association.

Bigpond McSuck for content distribution.

Aza, just out of interest, why can't you put it up on your blog first? Are you somewhat contracturly obligated to someone?
why not P2P it out ??

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

azsportza

Post by azsportza » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 11:55 pm

underdog wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:
azsportza wrote:
MacDougall wrote:the NRL should move away from the Bigpond template sites anyway. AFL are in the process of doing the same and have plans to broadcast all their matches within their website by 2015... if the NRL don't they'll fall behind because this Bigpond crap can't be relied on.
Until Telstra are non major sponsors of the game, we won't see Bigpond removed.

Aza, just out of interest, why can't you put it up on your blog first? Are you somewhat contracturly obligated to someone?
I am not under contract with Wests Tigers or anyone. It was a simple request of the Digital Media guy and I am respecting that since he gave me access to film. It's unfortunate that Bigpond decided to screw around. However, it will be on my YouTube channel as soon as it goes live on the Tigers site. I have already uploaded it and just need to make t public.

mtd

Post by mtd » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 12:29 am

u can make it unlisted
then PM me the link?
:)

Post by Guest » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 8:04 am

azsportza wrote:
underdog wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:
azsportza wrote: Until Telstra are non major sponsors of the game, we won't see Bigpond removed.

I am not under contract with Wests Tigers or anyone. It was a simple request of the Digital Media guy and I am respecting that since he gave me access to film. It's unfortunate that Bigpond decided to screw around. However, it will be on my YouTube channel as soon as it goes live on the Tigers site. I have already uploaded it and just need to make t public.
It's not actually people at Bigpond, it just takes plenty of time for it to clear that system when the video is done from outside the network. The VMS was set up for videos produced by Bigpond and basic stuff done by clubs, which is why the match highlights during the season go up quickly (they are produced by Bigpond and added to the system by people employed by the NRL to work with the clubs).

azsportza

Post by azsportza » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 8:27 am

Guest wrote:
azsportza wrote:
underdog wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:

It's not actually people at Bigpond, it just takes plenty of time for it to clear that system when the video is done from outside the network. The VMS was set up for videos produced by Bigpond and basic stuff done by clubs, which is why the match highlights during the season go up quickly (they are produced by Bigpond and added to the system by people employed by the NRL to work with the clubs).

I was the one who put the video into the Bigpond system. I sent off the video to the Tigers who put it up. The VMS does have lag in the system sure, but now almost 14 hours is a little sad.

swisstiger

Post by swisstiger » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 9:14 am

Hey aza... Are you gonna post the full game or just the highlights on your YouTube channel?

Would love to see the full game!

Cheers...

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 10:04 am

Crowd figure?

azsportza

Post by azsportza » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 12:28 pm

swisstiger wrote:Hey aza... Are you gonna post the full game or just the highlights on your YouTube channel?

Would love to see the full game!

Cheers...
I am only posting highlights. I didn't film the game as a whole since I didn't have enough space on my camera to do that, so I really only have parts.

The video should appear on the Tigers site in the next 30 minutes if not earlier.

azsportza

Post by azsportza » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 12:30 pm

Wacko Jacko

Post by Wacko Jacko » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 12:36 pm

awesome effort mate, I just retweeted it also :D

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 12:45 pm

thanks azsportza - excellent highlights - Benji looked great - very impressed with Blairs pass to put Ayshford over.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 1:11 pm

I know it was only ten mins.....but Sauce looks huge,Benji was very cool and I liked the hitups from Bodene Thopmpson.

And how about Miller???....looks tasty and nailed a left footed field goal.

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 1:13 pm

azsportza thanks mate , very much appreciated...
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

stryker

Post by stryker » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 1:24 pm

Great work Aaron.

There was some good attacking footy by us out there. We looked really hungry. The set move for Robbies try and the kick chase on Anastas second try were examples of this. Keith and Thomo were heavily involved as was Blair. Benji looked to attack himself....It is only a trial but good signs.

max smart

Post by max smart » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 1:28 pm

I had nothing better to do then go out there on saturday.. my thoughts were:

Benji - looked the same as last year. it is up to your own point of view whether you think that is good enough or not. he did get 4 try assists
Blair - looked a lot bigger and meaner than last year
Braith - looked really useful out there. another guy with some creativity on the park is always great. he has a good attitude too. could be a good buy but against the bigger packs might get eaten up
Buchanan - looks like a good egg. not the biggest prop but really gave it a crack and looked a lot more coordinated than groat. could be like bell for us last year if he can crack 1st grade.
Moltz - didn't do heaps but was solid with the expception of one cold drop of the ball towards the end of the game
Koro - quickest game in the game. going to be a great asset
Lawrence/Aysh - could be forgiven for forgetting these guys were on the park. didn't bring much at all.
Miller - solid without being exceptional. looks a little lost in the highlights you may notice but I think he'll do ok.
pettybourne/thomson - made it over the advantage line every time. were really good for us.
keith - looked really big and really dangerous. I'm not his biggest fan but he looked solid with a few line breaks early and some good hits.

outside or 1st grade I also saw most of NSW cup:
brooks - looks excellent. really fluid. kicked a 40/20 and almost got 2. looks excellent with the ball in hand. always made good passes and looks like he'll be off decent enough size to play 1st grade this year if needed
BMM - looked good in the middle of the park and showed he has some pace with a few good runs and kick chases. seems to be behind thomson and pettybourne now so hopefully this wakes him up.
Taqele - big fijian was getting lots of cheers from the crowd but didn't look like getting too involved. so much potential with his size and speed but doubt he will crack 1st grade unless we're desperate. potter chucked him on the wing in 1st grade and he made one monster hit and run and that was it.
Aspeli Fine - looked a little bit ordinary at times in the centres of u/20s last year but looked great on the wing for NSW cup.
Nofalouma - this guy should be ahead of Utai pretty soon. similar player. came in a lot to take hit ups and always made metres and broke tackles. very much like that little bloke over at penrith did this year. heaps of potential - could be a good full back too.

was a good hit out!

palms

Post by palms » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 1:50 pm

Nice work there Az!

A few things I noticed (from the 10min, this may or may not have been the trend the whole game):

- Line speed in defense was quicker and the boys looked enthusiastic to get up in one line even towards the end of the game which was great to see.
- Blair looked busy and the extra few kg's seems to have helped him gain those extra 2-3 to get passed the advantage line
- Bodene has excellent feet at the line, I was very impressed by the few hit ups that were captured and he got the boys on the front foot with a quick play the ball.
- Benji was busy but not over playing his hand which is what we all want to see. His passes were very select and wasn't second guessing as he threw the pass, which has led to so many wayward passes in years gone by. Hopefully this was a theme throughout the whole game.
- Big Keith looks primed for a huge year if he stays injury free

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 2:00 pm

Thanks Azsportza Good effort

Promising start for the boys , lets hope we can maintain the rage v the Roosters and keep the momentum going

Swordy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Swordy » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 2:21 pm

THANKS !!!! Awesome effort for the highlights. Many thanks.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!