Foundation Cup Trial Match Finally To Be Televised

Aladinsane

Foundation Cup Trial Match Finally To Be Televised

Post by Aladinsane » Mon 07 Jan, 2013 3:08 pm

After years of ringing up the Fox Sports Programming Dept to televise the Foundation Cup, insisting to them it would be a ratings winner, they are finally doing this year.
My angle this year , was that it would be the first time that the notorious Sonny Bill Williams would be seen on TV since his return , but Matt from Fox Sports said that wasn’t the reason or that my continual calling every year to televise it…..it’s just part of the new 5 year deal to televise more trial games.

Now, all our team has to do, is get revenge for the pathetic display they put up in round 25 at the same ground.
I am looking forward as always, to going to this match and now finally been able to watch the taped match when I get home.
Happy New Year All…..

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 07 Jan, 2013 3:19 pm

That's awesome news! Good to see Souths and St Geo-Ill aren't the only ones who can get a trial on TV!! I am a bit surprised it has taken this long - I'd have thought WT would be one of their better rating teams, the game is in a convenient location, and they're always desperate for filler.

Good work Aladinsane for your persistance!!

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 07 Jan, 2013 3:23 pm

Money Bill isn't likely to play in R1 let alone a trial.

But its good to see them televise the game.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Mon 07 Jan, 2013 3:41 pm

Yeah Sorry LaT, forgot that SBW is injured ATM.......still I can see this game now being a 5 year part of the lead in into the NRL season with the Souths/Saints Charity Cup game on the Friday night , followed by the Foundation Cup on the Saturday night..
Last edited by Aladinsane on Mon 07 Jan, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Mon 07 Jan, 2013 3:42 pm

WT fans are happy once more. We deserve it after last year. 2013 bring it on.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 07 Jan, 2013 4:37 pm

This is awesome news and long over-due....

Keep Up the Good Work Alad!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

cusschops

Post by cusschops » Mon 07 Jan, 2013 5:15 pm

I only just told the misus and young fella the other day that we would go up for the game. Main reason being I didn't think id be able to watch it on tv. Oh well, better set the iq to record so we can see all the action I may have missed. Great news though.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Tue 08 Jan, 2013 9:19 am

this is great news!

it's always hard work trying to watch the action and work out who is who in the trials, when they usually swap players around so freely (and use a larger squad than normal)

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 08 Jan, 2013 1:18 pm

Aladinsane wrote:After years of ringing up the Fox Sports Programming Dept to televise the Foundation Cup, insisting to them it would be a ratings winner, they are finally doing this year.
My angle this year , was that it would be the first time that the notorious Sonny Bill Williams would be seen on TV since his return , but Matt from Fox Sports said that wasn’t the reason or that my continual calling every year to televise it…..it’s just part of the new 5 year deal to televise more trial games.

Now, all our team has to do, is get revenge for the pathetic display they put up in round 25 at the same ground.
I am looking forward as always, to going to this match and now finally been able to watch the taped match when I get home.
Happy New Year All…..
Pretty safe assumption

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 10 Jan, 2013 8:30 am

Thanks A Lad in Sane for your persistence over the years with Foxsports. I was just yesterday talking to myself as I was working asking myself why isn't the foundation cup televised? I was baffled & disillusioned. Now this - this morning. The best news for years to come. Awesome- now i can finally watch Wests Tigers lift up some silverware before the premiership kicks off.

Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 13 Jan, 2013 8:42 pm

Aladinsane wrote:After years of ringing up the Fox Sports Programming Dept to televise the Foundation Cup, insisting to them it would be a ratings winner, they are finally doing this year.

Happy New Year All…..
I read elsewhere that the Souths Saints Charity shield trial, on the same w/end as the foundation cup and usually the same day....is being played on the Friday prior because ANZ Stadium is hosting a music festival on the sat....if Souths Saintsplayed as per usual on the saturday, our game probably wouldnt be televised

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Sun 13 Jan, 2013 9:29 pm

Quite true Inko.... :sign:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 13 Jan, 2013 9:41 pm

Just wondering if the FOX bloke is being really up- front, or just giving themselves a rap when its not earned.....wont know till next year I guess

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 14 Jan, 2013 9:08 am

Does it really matter Ink???

It is great we have the chance to televise this game... If it is a great spectacle, and both Clubs make it a serious game (instead of a trial/musical chairs), we have a case to ensure it becomes an annual event and in doing so, a marketable option for the Club to increase revenue!

I hope plenty choose to go to the game still... Having a sizable crowd is just as important for TV.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 14 Jan, 2013 11:20 am

Great game to watch and potential players coming through ....
Season feels around the corner now.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 14 Jan, 2013 11:37 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Does it really matter Ink???

It is great we have the chance to televise this game... If it is a great spectacle, and both Clubs make it a serious game (instead of a trial/musical chairs), we have a case to ensure it becomes an annual event and in doing so, a marketable option for the Club to increase revenue!

I hope plenty choose to go to the game still... Having a sizable crowd is just as important for TV.
Dont shoot the messenger....just relaying what Ive already read elsewhere

Get off my case!

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Tue 15 Jan, 2013 5:57 pm

Ink , I would be very disappointed if Matt from programming just said that too me , just because he knew that's what I wanted to hear.
The Monthly Fox magizine Program comes out in 10 days or so , so we will know 100% then .

He is a great link , stating the trial games & the draw for 2013.

http://dazrl.awardspace.info/dr_2013.htm

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Tue 15 Jan, 2013 6:06 pm

A bit off topic but just wondering if Innsane Ink could be the lovechild of A Lad Insane..or the other way around?