Foundation Cup Trial Match Finally To Be Televised

T-D-C

Re: Foundation Cup Trial Match Finally To Be Televised

Post by T-D-C » Sun 20 Jan, 2013 10:18 pm

Has anyone heard anything more on this? Hopefully Fox also send this to the Foxtel Go app or broadcast it online somewhere as I will be in hospital on the 22nd for 5 days and really want to watch this match (since I can't be there as per normal).

Then again the hospital does have some Foxtel channels. Here's hoping to fox sports being one of them.

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Mon 21 Jan, 2013 1:47 pm

T.D.C .....I rang up Matt again for Foxs Sports Programming ,during my Lunch break and he has confirmed that Fox Sports will be televising the Foundation Cup next month.
I ask again , is that 100% confirmed , and he said yes.
He is also keeping his fingers crossed that SBW will play for the Roosters and will be his first game back televised which should help the ratings.
Hopefully this will make your hospital stay more bearable mate :sign:

seijai

Post by seijai » Mon 21 Jan, 2013 2:09 pm

Guys (and gals) - I dont have foxtel, think its a bit expensive.

But I have an xbox. Thinking of getting Foxtel on Xbox for $20/month

Does anyone know if they stream live NRL through Xbox???

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Mon 21 Jan, 2013 3:02 pm

Aladinsane wrote:T.D.C .....I rang up Matt again for Foxs Sports Programming ,during my Lunch break and he has confirmed that Fox Sports will be televising the Foundation Cup next month.
I ask again , is that 100% confirmed , and he said yes.
He is also keeping his fingers crossed that SBW will play for the Roosters and will be his first game back televised which should help the ratings.
Hopefully this will make your hospital stay more bearable mate :sign:
Awesome thanks mate! :righton:

If I could +1 that post I would!

Cheers

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Mon 21 Jan, 2013 3:03 pm

seijai wrote:Guys (and gals) - I dont have foxtel, think its a bit expensive.

The Basic Package has NRL Big Pond which shows:

Catch every game, every round of the 2011 Telstra Premiership, Finals Series, State of Origin and Test Matches on BigPond NRL. With match highlights, full game replays, NRL news, player interviews and more, get your footy fix on BigPond NRL.

http://www.foxtel.com.au/xbox/default.htm

Should be the same for 2013 I would assume.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 21 Jan, 2013 5:13 pm

Aladinsane wrote:Ink , I would be very disappointed if Matt from programming just said that too me , just because he knew that's what I wanted to hear.
The Monthly Fox magizine Program comes out in 10 days or so , so we will know 100% then .

He is a great link , stating the trial games & the draw for 2013.

http://dazrl.awardspace.info/dr_2013.htm

Mate, You seem to misunderstand.....Ive no doubt it is on FOX this year, as it seems youve just confirmed...which is great to hear....what Im questioning is why.
Is it as he said, because of the new broadcast deal....or is it because the Charity Shield is on the Fri that weekend due to a music festival...when its usually on the sat when our games on.....
As for it being on the next 5 years.......well, time will tell

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 21 Jan, 2013 5:26 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Aladinsane wrote:Ink , I would be very disappointed if Matt from programming just said that too me , just because he knew that's what I wanted to hear.
The Monthly Fox magizine Program comes out in 10 days or so , so we will know 100% then .

He is a great link , stating the trial games & the draw for 2013.

http://dazrl.awardspace.info/dr_2013.htm

Mate, You seem to misunderstand.....Ive no doubt it is on FOX this year, as it seems youve just confirmed...which is great to hear....what Im questioning is why.
Is it as he said, because of the new broadcast deal....or is it because the Charity Shield is on the Fri that weekend due to a music festival...when its usually on the sat when our games on.....
As for it being on the next 5 years.......well, time will tell
I wouldn't think Foxtel would go to the trouble and expense to televise is just for the fact that the Charity Shield is on a Friday instead of Saturday... do you?

LaT

Post by LaT » Mon 21 Jan, 2013 5:37 pm

The way NRL rates on FTA and paytv these days, I wouldn't be surprised to see even trial matches like this being able to rate enough so Foxsports can sell a package for advertisers and still come out ahead.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 21 Jan, 2013 5:40 pm

Yerh, I do.
Its possible Channel 9 are doing the Charity shield so Fox would have contractual obligations and possibly HAVE to broadcast it

seijai

Post by seijai » Tue 22 Jan, 2013 10:29 am

T-D-C wrote:

Catch every game, every round of the 2011 Telstra Premiership, Finals Series, State of Origin and Test Matches on BigPond NRL. With match highlights, full game replays, NRL news, player interviews and more, get your footy fix on BigPond NRL.

The NRL Bigpond is the catch up TV - only shows the game 24 hours after broadcast....I have that on my Samsung TV....thanks anyway :D

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Tue 22 Jan, 2013 2:50 pm

seijai wrote:
T-D-C wrote:

The NRL Bigpond is the catch up TV - only shows the game 24 hours after broadcast....I have that on my Samsung TV....thanks anyway :D
Yeah that's all I can find. Looks like they don't even have an option for Fox Sports in the Xbox Packages.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 22 Jan, 2013 4:12 pm

I was going to say for that price, and all games, they'd lose most of their subscribers.....thought there had to be a catch somewhere

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Tue 22 Jan, 2013 10:29 pm

Hi Guys, I Tweeted Grant Mayer today about the Tigers/ Roosters game been shown and his reply was: Foundation Cup will be live on Fox!!! Read of it what you want but it is from a pretty good person inside the Tigers!!!.. Looking forward to it though!!!!!

weststigers4life

Post by weststigers4life » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 10:26 pm

The Foundation Cup is on Fox sports 3 @ 7.30pm.

Interestingly they are also showing the Warriors v Broncs trial on Fox sports 3 @ 5.30 as well for the first time.

weststigers4life

Post by weststigers4life » Wed 20 Feb, 2013 8:25 pm

T-D-C wrote:Has anyone heard anything more on this? Hopefully Fox also send this to the Foxtel Go app or broadcast it online somewhere as I will be in hospital on the 22nd for 5 days and really want to watch this match (since I can't be there as per normal).

Then again the hospital does have some Foxtel channels. Here's hoping to fox sports being one of them.

Foxtel Go has just added fox sports 1, 2 & 3 to the other channels available to watch on that app, so you will be able to watch the game now when your in hospital. Bit of luck, they have free wi-fi at the hospital so you can use their internet data instead of yours ;)

BenjiMagic96

Post by BenjiMagic96 » Wed 20 Feb, 2013 8:36 pm

If anyone knows a streaming site PLEASE pm me! Thanks guys :D

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Wed 20 Feb, 2013 9:30 pm

BenjiMagic96 wrote:If anyone knows a streaming site PLEASE pm me! Thanks guys :D
Sorry, only stream I know is via Foxtel Go to your iPad. I would expect any illegal streaming sites to be dealt with pretty quickly considering how much Fox and Telstra paid for the digital distribution rights.

Most of the sites I know of from last year are either down or not showing NRL yet.

BenjiMagic96

Post by BenjiMagic96 » Wed 20 Feb, 2013 9:38 pm

T-D-C wrote:
BenjiMagic96 wrote:If anyone knows a streaming site PLEASE pm me! Thanks guys :D
Sorry, only stream I know is via Foxtel Go to your iPad. I would expect any illegal streaming sites to be dealt with pretty quickly considering how much Fox and Telstra paid for the digital distribution rights.

Most of the sites I know of from last year are either down or not showing NRL yet.
Thanks, I know one but I don't think they will stream it