Overrated Benji - Nothing has changed

tig_prmz

Re: Overrated Benji - Nothing has changed

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 23 Jun, 2013 3:54 am

stryker wrote: How was I to know the form of our backline would totally evaporate? How was I to know about the huge injury toll that was about to wreck our season?

Some of the points people make about Benji are true...guess what? I agree.
1. He cant organise play,
2. He cant lead a team.
3. His general kicking is aweful.
4. His defence is weak.
5. He makes a lot of mistakes.
the backline has only gotten better since the start of the season. not sure what you mean there.

as for the bolded parts... it's HIS issue that his defense is weak. it's HIS issue that he makes the amount of mistakes he makes. he's a 5/8- there is no half in the world who doesnt do general kicking. the thing with benji is he CAN do all that, we've seen him defend good, we've seen him have error free games and have good/OK general kicking (tonight was an example). he doesn't do that consistently. he doesn't need a halfback or a good forward pack or a good backline.

it's HIS issue. he is getting paid a lot. he's not the leader but he's a senior. been at the club for over 8 years. he shouldn't be leading, but he should be setting an example. no club in the world can afford to pay him what we pay for him for what you want him to do (which thru other thread is just sit back at 5/8 and do a couple of miraculous plays every game)

consistency is his problem. he acknowledges it but doesn't bloody address it for some reason. no doubt people here have good memories of benji lifting us through 2005 and '10-'11 but he cannot live off that his entire life. we cannot keep dishing out cash and upgrades coz he CAN do that. he has to show us that he can do it consistently.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Black & Gold

Post by Black & Gold » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 11:31 am

So where are all the people that were critical of my comments from back in Febuary?

You deserve a big I TOLD YOU SO!

You cant imagine how happy I am that this egotistical, money hungry, arrogant slimeball of a man is leaving out club!

His form is STILL terrible and should be dropped for lack of form. As a second reason, Brooks can acquire invaluable experience in FG before next year.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Mon 19 Aug, 2013 11:53 am

Black & Gold wrote:So where are all the people that were critical of my comments from back in Febuary?

You deserve a big I TOLD YOU SO!

You cant imagine how happy I am that this egotistical, money hungry, arrogant slimeball of a man is leaving out club!

His form is STILL terrible and should be dropped for lack of form. As a second reason, Brooks can acquire invaluable experience in FG before next year.
Sounds like your Happy he's going!...only a few weeks to go mate...hang in there....

Balmainboydug

Post by Balmainboydug » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 9:05 am

Sad that Benji has chosen to go out with a whimper , the seasons we waited for him to recover from shoulder injuries , we showed faith. Life goes to show as a sportsperson you are only as good as your last performance , Benji has not performed at all. I wouldn't lay the entire blame of our poor season all on him , he needs to feel important and wanted. Potter has had a tough start in the NRL with injuries and in fighting but we should give him another crack next year.

Benji has given us some great memories and has been a one club player , he did state he wouldn't enjoy playing against the tigers , so his heart is in the right place it's just the inner circle he once ruled has been reluctant to back him up on the field. Never so apparent as that final pass to no one but Pearce , sad.

Of all the staff we have lost over the past two seasons I won't miss Benji as much as Gibbs and Fifita ! Though I will always remember Fatty saying " who does that in a GF ? " Referring to Benji's flick pass to Richards , was only 8 years ago. Benji's era promised so much , we let ourselves down in major semis during his tenure , we were unlucky and stupid at times , it could of been better I know.

Good luck Benji .