Overrated Benji - Nothing has changed

tigersrule4life

Re: Overrated Benji - Nothing has changed

Post by tigersrule4life » Mon 11 Feb, 2013 9:24 pm

By the sound of things lets just sack Benji and then mabe you will all be happy. And then you will see how we will struggle to score trys.

Hardwick

Post by Hardwick » Mon 11 Feb, 2013 9:27 pm

Im sure the point has been made.. but too lazy to check .. so just in case.. 37 try assists in 2012 - more than any other.. not bad for a bad season.. looking forward to a good one.

lidcombe_oval

Post by lidcombe_oval » Mon 11 Feb, 2013 9:28 pm

Not with a paper thin defence such as the Tigers displayed last year.[/quote]

100% correct..

We all know Benji can win us a game with 10 minute exhibition,
As for the All Star performance,it is an exhibition match prior to the season starting with all the Indigenous playing for all each other.

I would not read to much into the form of any of the players,

Cant wait for the season to start, lets enjoy the preseason and save the stress for when the season starts :brick:

tigsta

Post by tigsta » Mon 11 Feb, 2013 10:29 pm

tigersrule4life wrote:By the sound of things lets just sack Benji and then mabe you will all be happy. And then you will see how we will struggle to score trys.
We are relying on benji to be the only one that can set up try's. We are in more trouble than I thought.

tigsta

Post by tigsta » Mon 11 Feb, 2013 10:36 pm

sheer64 wrote:
tigsta wrote:
sheer64 wrote:Quote "Tell that to JT who had an outstanding game at 6 with an unfamiliar halves partner."

You have got to be living under a rock, Prince has been part of the Queensland squad for as many years as Thurston!
Living under a rock?

Can you tell me how many times they have played together in the last 5 years?? Enlighten me.

At least twice from memory also Prince has been on standby for Cronk (niggling injury threatened pulling out of game) from memory and trained up until game day.

They would be well versed with each others game and it was no surprise Prince played 7 the other night.

Living under a rock was a bit harsh.
It's all good. I'm sure all of us on here are as passionate about a successfull season for the Tigers. I'm done bagging Marshall. He is a great player and I'm hoping his form comes good and more often

Just read the NRL story on him going back to 6 and as intended it has pumped me up for round 1.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 11 Feb, 2013 11:12 pm

tigsta wrote:
sheer64 wrote:
tigsta wrote:
sheer64 wrote:Quote "Tell that to JT who had an outstanding game at 6 with an unfamiliar halves partner."

You have got to be living under a rock, Prince has been part of the Queensland squad for as many years as Thurston!
Living under a rock?

Can you tell me how many times they have played together in the last 5 years?? Enlighten me.

At least twice from memory also Prince has been on standby for Cronk (niggling injury threatened pulling out of game) from memory and trained up until game day.

They would be well versed with each others game and it was no surprise Prince played 7 the other night.

Living under a rock was a bit harsh.
It's all good. I'm sure all of us on here are as passionate about a successfull season for the Tigers. I'm done bagging Marshall. He is a great player and I'm hoping his form comes good and more often

Just read the NRL story on him going back to 6 and as intended it has pumped me up for round 1.
maybe you could start on Santa Claus

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 12 Feb, 2013 1:15 am

innsaneink wrote:More posts in one thread in one day than all summer = shock jock tactics....have a dig at, and upset everyone in your OP ....and watch the boards light up.

So when someone have been harping on for months now (As I have )how Marshall isn't worth what we are paying him and if he doesn't perform in 2013 he should be toast and we've become shock jocks

Come on Ink , give me a break

Mate I think its getting close to Round 1 and we've all got itchy feet

New coach ,new ideas people are wondering whether we will fire or self implode ??

We've probably got the easiest run in the NRL 1st 3 games imo and people want to see results

But this team can't make a serious challenge without Marshall

Farah is crucial , but he can't carry this club on his own He needs the senior players to stand up and seeing Benji earns as much as the other superstars of the game , he has to stand up like the other superstars in the NRLThis is 2013 and you can't live on sentiment , if Benji can't match the hype I'll quite happily help show him where the door is Nothing personal just want my club to do well no matter what

Sorry if that upsets some

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Tue 12 Feb, 2013 2:48 am

Dunno if Newcastle in Newcastle will be easy, packed house round one on a monday night with the season they had last year we could be in trouble.

Benji will go well this year stress less everyone. we will be sniffing around the bottom of the eight.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 12 Feb, 2013 4:59 am

happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:More posts in one thread in one day than all summer = shock jock tactics....have a dig at, and upset everyone in your OP ....and watch the boards light up.

So when someone have been harping on for months now (As I have )how Marshall isn't worth what we are paying him and if he doesn't perform in 2013 he should be toast and we've become shock jocks

Come on Ink , give me a break

Mate I think its getting close to Round 1 and we've all got itchy feet

New coach ,new ideas people are wondering whether we will fire or self implode ??

We've probably got the easiest run in the NRL 1st 3 games imo and people want to see results

But this team can't make a serious challenge without Marshall

Farah is crucial , but he can't carry this club on his own He needs the senior players to stand up and seeing Benji earns as much as the other superstars of the game , he has to stand up like the other superstars in the NRLThis is 2013 and you can't live on sentiment , if Benji can't match the hype I'll quite happily help show him where the door is Nothing personal just want my club to do well no matter what

Sorry if that upsets some
:roll: Youre slipping in your old age, my post was directed at the OP and his trolling like post designed to get attention.....yeh yeh I know weve heard it all before if you were paying attention you'd see I too was singing a similar tune.....as you said its nothing new and hes making no new startling revelations

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 12 Feb, 2013 8:48 am

2 biggest things benji needs is a ball player at half and a team that can defend a mistake more than 25% of the time.
in 2011 partnered with lui he was excellent.the same when he had prince.

when you have a team that can't defend you then have a player that is forced to play catch up.add the fact there have been no other ball players you then see a player that feels he has to score with every touch.

some of my fav games of benji were in low scoring games.

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Tue 12 Feb, 2013 8:49 am

its True

nothing has changed...

Farah might as well get thrown in with the mix.. Kicking a ball out on the full.

Seriously!!!! the season is yet to start and people are already whinging...

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 12 Feb, 2013 9:03 am

congrats T- Rex you have nerves of steel. I dont know about the rest of you guys but everytime Farah kicks out on the full my blood boils. Whats hurts most is that it puts his team on the backfoot. It seems as though he wants to make that BIG play. "pull a rabbit out of the hat. Why not do what the others do & play percentage football. But the saddest thing that happened T- Rex is when the ball was kicked out on the full my first immediate thought was which Wests Tigers player kicked it. Explain this 'recurring' phenomonen.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

TigerMc

Post by TigerMc » Tue 12 Feb, 2013 2:08 pm

Huh hu - Love it T Rexx.

Agree with the bit about Benji's SHORT kicking game needing a whole lot of work, he also needs to find space but balance his LONG kicks so as to not roll dead in touch AS THIS = A ball return to the spot it's kicked (rule changing this year i believe).
Don't agree with much else - Only thing i really don;t want this season compared to the last couple. is "I'm ready for my best year ever" (BM, February 12') or "this is our time of year and alot of teams are worried about US" (Woods, BM & a cast of others pre-finals, 12')

Let the games begin!

Black & Gold

Post by Black & Gold » Wed 13 Feb, 2013 1:01 pm

WOW!

I haven't come back on since I wrote this post...damn, i've missed a fair bit....

Innsaneink - What did Eminem once say? "This looks like a job for me, so everybody just follow me, cause we need a little controversy, cause it feels so empty without me'.. LoL.....Just have fun my man.

Anyway, I need to make a few points here...

1: Lets be honest, most people that support a club find it extremely difficult to criticise once of their own players, particularly if its one of the main guys. So I'm not surprised that some of you simply wont or cant criticise Benji. Your blinded by your passion for the club and not just in sport, it's extremely difficult to self reflect and/or criticise.

2: In 2012, Mr rocks and diamonds made the most try assists compared with anyone else but how many times did he handle the ball compared with anyone else? Whats the average of touches to trys assists? How many times did Benji make an error? How many times did he throw a flick pass when it wasnt needed and we lost the ball? How many times did he run across field and squash a centre or winger on the sideline and we got pushed into touch? How many times did he overkick a grubber that went ssaaiillliiinnggg into row 15 behind the goal posts? How many times did he put a shocking kick on the last play that never seems to find the grass? Or even get caught on the last tackle with 60 seconds left against
the Warriors in the finals of 2010? Or maybe failing to go for a field goal that would have put us 13-6 in front against st george in the finals in 2009? I think that was 2009 when we lost 13-12...Soward had the
brains to attempt a field goal. How many times do we put our hand on our heads and think "Oh Benji!"

3: He hasnt just lost pace....He's lost a TONNE of pace..Didnt James Tamou run him down last year? Oh boy!!

4: Happy Tiger - Agree with everything you have said. Most of the peope I know also cant understand why Benji is soooo overrated.

5: It seems that everybody BUT Tigers supporters dont think hes all that.

6: Benji can be brilliant. There is no doubting that. What im saying hes rocks and diamonds and the rocks FFAARR outweight the diamonds.

7: The biggest problem with our club is Stephen Humphreys..... Lets go round 2! LoL....

8: Those want to disagree...go for it..all good. lets enjoy the discussion ..This means footy is back! Just excuse me for pre-empting that most of you simply dont dare to criticise your own. You have to if you want to get ahead. I want the best for my club...I just dont think we can get there with someone like Benji....Im not a fan of his whether hes on or off the field. simple as that.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 13 Feb, 2013 1:26 pm

T-REXX wrote:its True

nothing has changed...

Farah might as well get thrown in with the mix.. Kicking a ball out on the full.

Seriously!!!! the season is yet to start and people are already whinging...
No Farah shouldn't get thrown into the mix at least he rolled his sleeves up in defence

The season has started Rex , it started the day Potter was appointed coach and the day they started pre season training

What they are doing now is what will set our season up , bad or good

The comments people are making in regards to the All Stars not having anything to play for is BS in my opinion

The All Stars in most cases were picked by their own fans or in Benji's case him being leader of his own countries Rugby League team

If you can't show enough pride to play for fans that picked you or the country that you represent as its leader your just showing a complete lack of respect for the people who , in the end pay your wages

The exact same mentality that Qld uses during SOO Might explain why 2 of the All Stars best were Qlders

No I'm not having a shot at NSW , I'm saying that Qlders get it

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Wed 13 Feb, 2013 2:17 pm

all im saying nothing has changed if Farah kicked out on the full again..

I as a fan am not pinning all the hopes on the first game of the season, one that means nothing to the overall position on the ladder of the NRL Comp, playing with a halves partner that he hasnt trained with that much and just in general not playing the new game plan that would have been set out by Potter..

Wait till he gets into OUR NEW GAME PLAN before we start giving it to him.. only 18 mth ago he was one of the best in the NRL, last year he had a bad season as did most of the other players...

i think people are panicking already

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Wed 13 Feb, 2013 3:14 pm

Black & Gold wrote:
1: Lets be honest, most people that support a club find it extremely difficult to criticise once of their own players, particularly if its one of the main guys. So I'm not surprised that some of you simply wont or cant criticise Benji. Your blinded by your passion for the club and not just in sport, it's extremely difficult to self reflect and/or criticise.
fitzy,moltzen,rhino,galloway,ayshford,farah,lui and every other player in the nrl disagree.

Black & Gold

Post by Black & Gold » Wed 13 Feb, 2013 3:48 pm

Bonstonker - Oh thanks for proving my point...Fitzy copped the most anyone has ever copped (much deserved too) on this forum and STILL there were hords of people defending him!!!!

I've been hammering Sheens for the last 4 years and many of you were defending me and calling me disloyal....FINALLY, hes gone....he was sacked 3 or 4 years too late!

So who was right there? Im not too shy to say it....BUT I TOLD YOU SO!

Look, i hope Benji proves me wrong....but i just cant see it....Hes overrated, self absorbed, cracks me up when he leads the haka for NZ and tries to look scary (like Eazy E said to snoop, "you're only 60 pounds when you're wet and wearin' boots"), makes toooooo many mistakes, wrong options, cant close out a game....gee, where do I stop?