Overrated Benji - Nothing has changed

Tbone

Re: Overrated Benji - Nothing has changed

Post by Tbone » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 6:22 am

Marshall to hooker? So many problems with that suggestion in my mind. What would you do with farah? Marshall to be expected to make 35 tackles a game?

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 6:32 am

Trying to validate a call from 2009 to sack sheens by virtue of a bad 2012 and his eventual sacking then doesn't prove the point. 2010 and 2011 were good years. 2005 aside, they were the best years for the club or it's former constituents in 20 years. At some point sheens went from a footy genius, to eccentric, to losing touch with the modern game all together. I think the club got the timing of the decision to part with sheens at the end of last season right personally. Too early and too many unknowns to make a call on where the team or certain players are at right now. Onward and upward.

Post by Guest » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 6:50 am

Tigerspirit wrote:Totally agree with Black and Gold, Marshall needs to lose 15kgs and risk injury rather than be big and slow, speed was his x factor.
Dont understand how paid trainers can't see this????
I don't think bento would be on board with risking injury to himself going back to a twig!!! Would u?!

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 7:44 am

Tbone wrote:Marshall to hooker? So many problems with that suggestion in my mind. What would you do with farah? Marshall to be expected to make 35 tackles a game?
Why move the best hooker in the world anyways just leave it how it is Marshall 6 Miller 7 Farah that is how the postions are meant to be.

Post by Guest » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 6:58 pm

tigersrule4life wrote:
Tbone wrote:Marshall to hooker? So many problems with that suggestion in my mind. What would you do with farah? Marshall to be expected to make 35 tackles a game?
Why move the best hooker in the world anyways just leave it how it is Marshall 6 Miller 7 Farah that is how the postions are meant to be.
Agree

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 7:41 pm

The best player in the world for 2010 and 2011. A bad season for the team, and his stats were still great, but yes 2012 was not his best. Write this guy off to your own peril!
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 7:54 pm

I love Benji but I love the Tigers more. Right now Marshall is approaching liability status. If he becomes one, he should leave. No one is bigger than the team. I'm going to give him a chance under a new coach.

tigers13

Post by tigers13 » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 11:51 pm

I have been banging on to my mates about the fact that Benji is highly overrated and a liability for years. The original post was bang on the money. If you think differently then you haven't been watching the same games that I have been. He needs to take a leaf out of Thurston's book, and give 100% on every play, both in attack and defense. It infuriates me to see how little regard he has for possession. Some players would work their behinds off in defense to make amends, not Benji though. He seems quite happy for the forwards to carry the load and do the work there. There is no doubt this heavy defensive burden blunts the attacking ability of Farah in the latter stages of games.

I really hope that the reports that Potter makes decisions solely on what is best for the team and that egos and reputations are ignored turn out to be true. If it is, then Benji had better show a hell of a lot more desire, courage, patience and intelligence or he'll find himself in reserve grade quick smart.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 12:03 am

Guest wrote:
Tigerspirit wrote:Totally agree with Black and Gold, Marshall needs to lose 15kgs and risk injury rather than be big and slow, speed was his x factor.
Dont understand how paid trainers can't see this????
I don't think bento would be on board with risking injury to himself going back to a twig!!! Would u?!

He tackles at the moment like his arms are twigs anyway

Might as well get his mobility and speed back at the same time

15kgs is crazy though 5-7kgs would probably do the job

T-REXX

Post by T-REXX » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 10:22 pm

from what i got told tonight he had a blinder

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 10:40 pm

Wouldnt say a blinder but it was 100% on last weeks effort

willow

Post by willow » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 10:43 pm

T-REXX wrote:from what i got told tonight he had a blinder
He played within himself still, but really toyed with the Eels at times. Nothing wrong with his speed or footwork tonight either. Promising signs folks, promising signs...

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 10:57 pm

T-REXX wrote:from what i got told tonight he had a blinder
Parra will be down there this year make no mistake about that along with Saints and Penrith , so its' hard to gage on that 1 performance but i'd much rather hear how well he did do rather that how bad against a poor side , next week will be watching with interest....
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 1:48 am

Benji haters....beware for a bollocking....It is coming and you will cop it from me as a minimum.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 2:14 am

stryker wrote:Benji haters....beware for a bollocking....It is coming and you will cop it from me as a minimum.
Sounds like a couple of old bulls might be banging heads mate ;)

We have seen classic Benji the last two weeks That is the problem

Hope Willow is right when he said promising signs ............. a week is a long time in rugby league

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 2:28 am

happy tiger wrote:
stryker wrote:Benji haters....beware for a bollocking....It is coming and you will cop it from me as a minimum.

Hope Willow is right when he said promising signs ............. a week is a long time in rugby league
Look forward to it Happy...Love a good argument and I am sure I will end up with the superior ammo on this one... I shall not be polite, nor quiet on this ssue.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 2:33 am

stryker wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Look forward to it Happy...Love a good argument and I am sure I will end up with the superior ammo on this one... I shall not be polite, nor quiet on this ssue.
For the good of our chances in 2013 I hope all you Benji buddies are right , if not we will be in the bottom four sides

By the way ,what do you second rowers know anyway ?? Too busy bludging out wide to know what hard work is or what goes on a football field

Bit like football players actually

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 2:48 am

Second rowers are bludgers? Mate we are the life blood. We make you shirt lifting fullbacks look good every day of the week.