It's the season that counts: Nofoaluma

willow

Post by willow » Mon 11 Feb, 2013 7:23 pm

AJ Carr

Sunday 10 February 2013 3:00 PM

It was great, a good start to the season.

I'm excited to be out in Bathurst. It's a good community here, everyone has come down.

I felt like I had a go, but I felt like needed to have a few more runs and got a bit more ball, once I get that, I should be sweet.

The team did well, it came away bad at the end but it's just a trial.

It's the season that really counts.

Follow the author on Twitter: @ajcarr7

CLICK FOR VIDEO:
http://www.weststigers.com.au/news-disp ... luma/68125

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Tue 12 Feb, 2013 9:44 am

I'm a little confused. I would of thought that his season would of started at Bathurst. His time to shine. Judging from the All Stars & the comments above, this mentality that the season starts in Rnd 1 runs right throughout the entire club. Oh well that explains Saturday night.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 12 Feb, 2013 6:42 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:I'm a little confused. I would of thought that his season would of started at Bathurst. His time to shine. Judging from the All Stars & the comments above, this mentality that the season starts in Rnd 1 runs right throughout the entire club. Oh well that explains Saturday night.
Pretty sure his first line said that it was a good start to the season. In any case, it's the usual clichés you expect to hear from players this close to the season. I know we've heard it in years gone by and every year we seem to start off the boil.

I'm not taking too much stock in what I see from the faces we expect to see in the starting 17 for round 1 from the trials. The club should be looking to get them a bit of match fitness without risking major injury. I'm more intrigued at the showings that the fringe and junior players display. That's their time to shine and remind the first graders that they are nipping at the heels. Hopefully with Potter he won't be afraid to give a kid the chance if he showing up the first grade incumbents.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...