Scott Woodward picks us for the spoon!

User avatar
LaT
Member
Member
Posts: 3468
Joined: Fri 07 Jan, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: NSW
Contact:

Re: Scott Woodward picks us for the spoon!

Post by LaT » Thu 14 Feb, 2013 6:33 pm

tigsta wrote:
Flippedy wrote:Don't know who the hell Scott Woodward is, but good. The more the merrier.
Ok well Ill give you some insight. He was one of the only people that thought it was rediculous that we were favourites last year because of the uncertainty of our halves combination and he was SPOT ON.
Lots of people thought we shouldn't have been favourites, including me and lots of fans on this forum.

Premiership and spoon betting is a mugs game at this point of the year. Top4/8 and missing finals at least has some merit/skill involved.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!


User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Post by Tiger Watto » Thu 14 Feb, 2013 6:47 pm

If Scott is picking us for the spoon, thats a great sign we will make the Top 8!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28402
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Thu 14 Feb, 2013 6:54 pm

So people get the craps when we are favourites to win the comp.

We get tipped to run last and people get the very same craps

Hmmm...2nd to 15th is OK then I take it?

tigsta
Member
Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed 02 Jan, 2013 2:44 pm

Post by tigsta » Thu 14 Feb, 2013 7:01 pm

LaT wrote:
tigsta wrote:
Flippedy wrote:Don't know who the hell Scott Woodward is, but good. The more the merrier.
Ok well Ill give you some insight. He was one of the only people that thought it was rediculous that we were favourites last year because of the uncertainty of our halves combination and he was SPOT ON.
Lots of people thought we shouldn't have been favourites, including me and lots of fans on this forum.

Premiership and spoon betting is a mugs game at this point of the year. Top4/8 and missing finals at least has some merit/skill involved.
Was just pointing out a simple fact.

He was right last year, lets hope he is not this year.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

tigsta
Member
Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed 02 Jan, 2013 2:44 pm

Post by tigsta » Thu 14 Feb, 2013 7:05 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:If Scott is picking us for the spoon, thats a great sign we will make the Top 8!
Don't know why your writing what he said off.

You mustn't have seen his 2012 analysis.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013


User avatar
Masterton
Member
Member
Posts: 2394
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Masterton » Thu 14 Feb, 2013 7:28 pm

This is the same guy predicting a Souths / Cowboys grand final? And talking up Dragons for the 8? And writing off the Storm because they're playing in the World Club Challenge? He sounds like the sort of fella who likes a roughie.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 14 Feb, 2013 9:04 pm

tigsta wrote:His Preview does worry me.

He makes a lot of good points... One in particular is leaving BMM out of the starting side to accomodate Anasta. Im a big supporter of Anasta but he wont hit the ball up hard like a backrower should and that may hurt us. I hope not though.

I have no idea though why people are tipping us for the spoon. It just baffles me...
So you rather BMM ahead of Anasta. Is this what worries you?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Thu 14 Feb, 2013 9:06 pm

Masterton wrote:This is the same guy predicting a Souths / Cowboys grand final? And talking up Dragons for the 8? And writing off the Storm because they're playing in the World Club Challenge? He sounds like the sort of fella who likes a roughie.
Very well summarized. I guess we're a culture that takes to gambling.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1904
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom

Post by Fraze23 » Thu 14 Feb, 2013 9:16 pm

He lost me at "I believe Tim Moltzen is a genuine fullback." Who cares what this piss ant thinks. I love it that people are writing us off. I'd much rather be flying in under the radar than being the bookies favourite. The more people write us off the more confident I feel about this season.

User avatar
BenjiMagic96
Member
Member
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sun 29 Apr, 2012 8:37 pm

Post by BenjiMagic96 » Thu 14 Feb, 2013 9:22 pm

What makes people think we will come last? If Anasta, Pettybourne, Marshall, Farah, Koroibete, Fulton, Woods, BMM and Galloway are not enough to make the 8 then what is.
Image

tigsta
Member
Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed 02 Jan, 2013 2:44 pm

Post by tigsta » Thu 14 Feb, 2013 9:24 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:
tigsta wrote:His Preview does worry me.

He makes a lot of good points... One in particular is leaving BMM out of the starting side to accomodate Anasta. Im a big supporter of Anasta but he wont hit the ball up hard like a backrower should and that may hurt us. I hope not though.

I have no idea though why people are tipping us for the spoon. It just baffles me...
So you rather BMM ahead of Anasta. Is this what worries you?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
When we are already lacking in size, yes. Especially now with groat and gavet gone for a while. It might be a problem.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

tigsta
Member
Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed 02 Jan, 2013 2:44 pm

Post by tigsta » Thu 14 Feb, 2013 9:25 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:
Masterton wrote:This is the same guy predicting a Souths / Cowboys grand final? And talking up Dragons for the 8? And writing off the Storm because they're playing in the World Club Challenge? He sounds like the sort of fella who likes a roughie.
Very well summarized. I guess we're a culture that takes to gambling.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
You guys need to give credit where it's due. His analysis last year was probably dismissed by forumers. Yet he was pretty accurate.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6898
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Thu 14 Feb, 2013 9:29 pm

To me it sounded like he didn't really know what he was talking about, although i'm sure he isn't completely clueless. Everyone's entitled to voice their opinion, hopefully he's wrong, nobody knows for sure what the outcome of 2013 will be.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Thu 14 Feb, 2013 10:24 pm

BenjiMagic96 wrote:What makes people think we will come last? If Anasta, Pettybourne, Marshall, Farah, Koroibete, Fulton, Woods, BMM and Galloway are not enough to make the 8 then what is.
Ahhh....how about Farah, Marshal, Blair, Ellis, Tuqiri, Woods, Galloway, Lawrence, Ayshford, Fulton, Ryan, Heighnington etc.....didnt work last year, whats your point?

User avatar
Masterton
Member
Member
Posts: 2394
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by Masterton » Thu 14 Feb, 2013 10:48 pm

tigsta wrote:
AmericanHistoryX wrote: Very well summarized. I guess we're a culture that takes to gambling.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
You guys need to give credit where it's due. His analysis last year was probably dismissed by forumers. Yet he was pretty accurate.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
The greatest minds in football struggle to predict 5 teams out of the top 8 at the start of the season. There are just so many factors that can change over a year. I know some of the criticisms are founded, but if we get the spoon I'll be very, very surprised.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

User avatar
Tbone
Member
Member
Posts: 1082
Joined: Mon 04 Jul, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by Tbone » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 6:50 am

I didn't see his 2012 predictions, but saying he was right just because he didn't back the tigers for a premiership is misleading. Did he pick the tigers to come 2nd, 4th, or 16th? 15 out of 16 punters would have got it right on the flip of a coin. How did his other 2012 predictions stack up? I stand to be corrected if he picked say 6 of the top 8 and 3 of the bottom 5.

From memory almost no one on this forum agreed we should have been installed favorites last year.

Guest

Post by Guest » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 7:01 am

Tbone wrote:I didn't see his 2012 predictions, but saying he was right just because he didn't back the tigers for a premiership is misleading. Did he pick the tigers to come 2nd, 4th, or 16th? 15 out of 16 punters would have got it right on the flip of a coin. How did his other 2012 predictions stack up? I stand to be corrected if he picked say 6 of the top 8 and 3 of the bottom 5.

From memory almost no one on this forum agreed we should have been installed favorites last year.
He said the tigers would struggle because of the uncertainty of the halves. He was exactly right about that. I still think he predicted us to go well but thought it was crazy for the tigers to be favorites.

Believe me I hope he is wrong but his accuracy of the key issue that would hurt us last year was right. You have to give him that.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Guest

Post by Guest » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 7:06 am

Masterton wrote:
tigsta wrote:
AmericanHistoryX wrote: Very well summarized. I guess we're a culture that takes to gambling.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
You guys need to give credit where it's due. His analysis last year was probably dismissed by forumers. Yet he was pretty accurate.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
The greatest minds in football struggle to predict 5 teams out of the top 8 at the start of the season. There are just so many factors that can change over a year. I know some of the criticisms are founded, but if we get the spoon I'll be very, very surprised.
I really doubt we will come last. But.
He has named several issues we have this year. Last year he named one issue with our halves and was correct and it pretty much crippled us. Lets hope he is wrong this year. On all of his issues.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Post Reply