Scott Woodward picks us for the spoon!

User avatar
Tiger Watto
Member
Member
Posts: 10560
Joined: Mon 08 Mar, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Maroochydore Qld

Re: Scott Woodward picks us for the spoon!

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 7:08 am

Fraze23 wrote:He lost me at "I believe Tim Moltzen is a genuine fullback." Who cares what this piss ant thinks. I love it that people are writing us off. I'd much rather be flying in under the radar than being the bookies favourite. The more people write us off the more confident I feel about this season.
He has been talking up Tim Moltzen for years... Back in 2010 he was telling everyone Tim will be the worlds best Halfback in 12 months.

Scott uses a computer to analys his predictions... He has been wrong more times than he has been right.

Someone else mentioned it, he likes a roughie!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017


User avatar
BenjiMagic96
Member
Member
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sun 29 Apr, 2012 8:37 pm

Post by BenjiMagic96 » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 7:44 am

stryker wrote:
BenjiMagic96 wrote:What makes people think we will come last? If Anasta, Pettybourne, Marshall, Farah, Koroibete, Fulton, Woods, BMM and Galloway are not enough to make the 8 then what is.
Ahhh....how about Farah, Marshal, Blair, Ellis, Tuqiri, Woods, Galloway, Lawrence, Ayshford, Fulton, Ryan, Heighnington etc.....didnt work last year, whats your point?
Where was the halfback in that side? Where was the kicking game? We had Benji and Farah taking every last and Benji putting up bombs on nearly every play. This time we have Anasta who will be taking part of the kicking and imo he is a really good kicker.
Image

Guest

Post by Guest » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 9:50 am

stryker wrote:
BenjiMagic96 wrote:What makes people think we will come last? If Anasta, Pettybourne, Marshall, Farah, Koroibete, Fulton, Woods, BMM and Galloway are not enough to make the 8 then what is.
Ahhh....how about Farah, Marshal, Blair, Ellis, Tuqiri, Woods, Galloway, Lawrence, Ayshford, Fulton, Ryan, Heighnington etc.....didnt work last year, whats your point?
Well Tuqiri, Galloway, Ellis were injured for large parts of last year, we lost our first choice half to replace our fullback. Add that personally it was possibly Robbie's worse year of his life. We didn't have a specialist 7 all year. This year baring injuries we have 2 very good 7s at the club, more experience in Anasta, & Pettybourne and Robbie & Benji have had a full off season for the first time in a long time. I love the fact everyone has written us off but personally I think we will finish 5th. You can put that in the bank.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21802
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 10:15 am

I predict that Golden will tip us for the spoon in the live game thread if we lose a game early in the yr

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7969
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 10:21 am

think we should sticky this thread. heaps of motivation for players + pump us up as fans
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21802
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 10:27 am

tig_prmz wrote:think we should sticky this thread. heaps of motivation for players + pump us up as fans
The players pay zero attention to these things as should the fans. The fans should take a leaf out of the players book and not give a damn but they never do, they always get emotional ''how dare they not rate us :rant ''

At the end of the day a season isn't based on what the Media think, its what the players do. Focus on that

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2518
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie

Post by diedpretty » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 10:30 am

Yossarian wrote:Who?
That was my immediate thought as well.

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 10:47 am

Guest wrote:
Tbone wrote:I didn't see his 2012 predictions, but saying he was right just because he didn't back the tigers for a premiership is misleading. Did he pick the tigers to come 2nd, 4th, or 16th? 15 out of 16 punters would have got it right on the flip of a coin. How did his other 2012 predictions stack up? I stand to be corrected if he picked say 6 of the top 8 and 3 of the bottom 5.

From memory almost no one on this forum agreed we should have been installed favorites last year.
He said the tigers would struggle because of the uncertainty of the halves. He was exactly right about that. I still think he predicted us to go well but thought it was crazy for the tigers to be favorites.

Believe me I hope he is wrong but his accuracy of the key issue that would hurt us last year was right. You have to give him that.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Well he must have used a crystal ball - the only reason there was uncertainty in the halves is because Tedesco was injured in the first game.

User avatar
Golden
Member
Member
Posts: 3017
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:56 pm

Post by Golden » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 11:13 am

AmericanHistoryX wrote:
tigsta wrote:His Preview does worry me.

He makes a lot of good points... One in particular is leaving BMM out of the starting side to accomodate Anasta. Im a big supporter of Anasta but he wont hit the ball up hard like a backrower should and that may hurt us. I hope not though.

I have no idea though why people are tipping us for the spoon. It just baffles me...
So you rather BMM ahead of Anasta. Is this what worries you?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Bratih is rubbish there is not one person who is not a tigers fan that isnt laughing at us right now signing him. Where stuck with him sadly it was a Sheens signing, Id rather have Siro at Lock, we don't need Bratih from things I have heard he's a selfish kind of player and well look at last years stats he never runs the ball!

User avatar
Golden
Member
Member
Posts: 3017
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:56 pm

Post by Golden » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 11:17 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:I predict that Golden will tip us for the spoon in the live game thread if we lose a game early in the yr
I am staying away from the live game threads this year seriously, I'm over all that

User avatar
Golden
Member
Member
Posts: 3017
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:56 pm

Post by Golden » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 11:20 am

Guest wrote:
Tbone wrote:I didn't see his 2012 predictions, but saying he was right just because he didn't back the tigers for a premiership is misleading. Did he pick the tigers to come 2nd, 4th, or 16th? 15 out of 16 punters would have got it right on the flip of a coin. How did his other 2012 predictions stack up? I stand to be corrected if he picked say 6 of the top 8 and 3 of the bottom 5.

From memory almost no one on this forum agreed we should have been installed favorites last year.
He said the tigers would struggle because of the uncertainty of the halves. He was exactly right about that. I still think he predicted us to go well but thought it was crazy for the tigers to be favorites.

Believe me I hope he is wrong but his accuracy of the key issue that would hurt us last year was right. You have to give him that.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
The havles were not the reason we were bad last year. the storm did pretty well with a fullback playing at 5/8 the bulldogs did pretty well with their halfback out and there 2nd halfback out halfway through the year.

it was our mental attitude soft defence and lack of size in the forwards

tigsta
Member
Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed 02 Jan, 2013 2:44 pm

Post by tigsta » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 11:28 am

cktiger wrote:
Guest wrote:
Tbone wrote:I didn't see his 2012 predictions, but saying he was right just because he didn't back the tigers for a premiership is misleading. Did he pick the tigers to come 2nd, 4th, or 16th? 15 out of 16 punters would have got it right on the flip of a coin. How did his other 2012 predictions stack up? I stand to be corrected if he picked say 6 of the top 8 and 3 of the bottom 5.

From memory almost no one on this forum agreed we should have been installed favorites last year.
He said the tigers would struggle because of the uncertainty of the halves. He was exactly right about that. I still think he predicted us to go well but thought it was crazy for the tigers to be favorites.

Believe me I hope he is wrong but his accuracy of the key issue that would hurt us last year was right. You have to give him that.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Well he must have used a crystal ball - the only reason there was uncertainty in the halves is because Tedesco was injured in the first game.
Thats where you are wrong ck, Moltzen remained halfback for the next 3 games I think with Humble at fullback. Because moltzen failed dismally we were sheensified by Moving marshall to 7. Ayshford to 6. that failed then we moved Lawrence to 6. Fail again.. Lets try FULTON my all time favourite which obviously failed.

Im not saying this was the be all and end all for us but it certainly was a major contributing factor and he seen it prior to the season starting. I think he deserves credit for that alone.

User avatar
Tommy Magpie
Member
Member
Posts: 489
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Tommy Magpie » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 11:32 am

If we stay injury free there is no way we will finish last. More likely top 6.

We play best under the radar.

Bring it on.

tigsta
Member
Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed 02 Jan, 2013 2:44 pm

Post by tigsta » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 11:46 am

Golden wrote:
AmericanHistoryX wrote:
tigsta wrote:His Preview does worry me.

He makes a lot of good points... One in particular is leaving BMM out of the starting side to accomodate Anasta. Im a big supporter of Anasta but he wont hit the ball up hard like a backrower should and that may hurt us. I hope not though.

I have no idea though why people are tipping us for the spoon. It just baffles me...
So you rather BMM ahead of Anasta. Is this what worries you?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Bratih is rubbish there is not one person who is not a tigers fan that isnt laughing at us right now signing him. Where stuck with him sadly it was a Sheens signing, Id rather have Siro at Lock, we don't need Bratih from things I have heard he's a selfish kind of player and well look at last years stats he never runs the ball!
I think he will be a good thing for us, but we wont know until we get under way. Tomorrow nights trial might give us an idea. I think we will absolutely trounce Parra at campbelltown

However, Im going to be more concerned about how many tries our first grade line up lets in... That will be interesting.

Wacko Jacko
Member
Member
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu 07 Jul, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Wacko Jacko » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 11:47 am

WHO IS THIS PEANUT ? NFI

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 11:51 am

tigsta wrote:
cktiger wrote:
Guest wrote:
Tbone wrote:I didn't see his 2012 predictions, but saying he was right just because he didn't back the tigers for a premiership is misleading. Did he pick the tigers to come 2nd, 4th, or 16th? 15 out of 16 punters would have got it right on the flip of a coin. How did his other 2012 predictions stack up? I stand to be corrected if he picked say 6 of the top 8 and 3 of the bottom 5.

From memory almost no one on this forum agreed we should have been installed favorites last year.
He said the tigers would struggle because of the uncertainty of the halves. He was exactly right about that. I still think he predicted us to go well but thought it was crazy for the tigers to be favorites.

Believe me I hope he is wrong but his accuracy of the key issue that would hurt us last year was right. You have to give him that.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Well he must have used a crystal ball - the only reason there was uncertainty in the halves is because Tedesco was injured in the first game.
Thats where you are wrong ck, Moltzen remained halfback for the next 3 games I think with Humble at fullback. Because moltzen failed dismally we were sheensified by Moving marshall to 7. Ayshford to 6. that failed then we moved Lawrence to 6. Fail again.. Lets try FULTON my all time favourite which obviously failed.

Im not saying this was the be all and end all for us but it certainly was a major contributing factor and he seen it prior to the season starting. I think he deserves credit for that alone.
You must have a poor memory - the only reason Moltzen was moved to fullback was because Humble couldn't handle it back there.
Considering he had trained at half the entire off season you would have thought Sheens might have put Meaney there , or even Ryan , rather than disrupt the halves.
However , as we all know, after round 3 saw a revolving door in the halves that I hope doesn't happen this year.

tigsta
Member
Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed 02 Jan, 2013 2:44 pm

Post by tigsta » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 12:19 pm

Thats where you are wrong ck, Moltzen remained halfback for the next 3 games I think with Humble at fullback. Because moltzen failed dismally we were sheensified by Moving marshall to 7. Ayshford to 6. that failed then we moved Lawrence to 6. Fail again.. Lets try FULTON my all time favourite which obviously failed.

Im not saying this was the be all and end all for us but it certainly was a major contributing factor and he seen it prior to the season starting. I think he deserves credit for that alone.[/quote]
You must have a poor memory - the only reason Moltzen was moved to fullback was because Humble couldn't handle it back there.
Considering he had trained at half the entire off season you would have thought Sheens might have put Meaney there , or even Ryan , rather than disrupt the halves.
However , as we all know, after round 3 saw a revolving door in the halves that I hope doesn't happen this year.[/quote]

That's not the way I saw it. Tim Moltzen had a shocker for a bout 3 to 4 games in the halves where he did nothing, Humble was going well at fullback IMO, not great, but no where near as bad as Moltzen was going in the 7.

dont think Moltzen was moved to fullback because of Humbles poor performance.

User avatar
Golden
Member
Member
Posts: 3017
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:56 pm

Post by Golden » Fri 15 Feb, 2013 12:41 pm

Miller should have been put at halfback and given a go, Sheens was puzzleing with the way he brings in rookies

this is a guy who was going to put McDonnell on the wing for the grand final if Richards was out, this was also a guy who gave Lui a debut game in a must win game against Parra in 09, he also put in BMM for his debut in the semi against roosters and BMM made our first eror which turned the game.

I could never understand Sheens logic he seems he would throw a rookie into a big game and go all season not giving them a run.

Post Reply