Scott Woodward picks us for the spoon!

Scott Woodward picks us for the spoon!

Post by Guest » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 8:03 am

Year of the Tiger wrote:I have a bet that if we get the spoon I am doing a nudie run around Tenerife Brisbane. My mate has to do the same if Penrith get the spoon. After the bet I showed him the tab sports odds. His head went down. I think the ladies of Tenerife are safe!
I don't know about your mate.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Post by Guest » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 8:10 am

Tbone wrote:So with all the buzz about how right Woodward was in2012 I had to do some checking of myself to see how right he was.

He tipped the tigers equal 3rd favorites.
He tipped the storm equal 6th.
He tipped the knights equal favorites.
He tipped the bulldogs for 8th.

How exactly was he right other than by not rating the tigers outright favorites (he still rated them 3rd)?

Turns out he actually wasnt right about much at all...

http://www.championprofits.com/wp-conte ... L-2012.pdf
It's more about the why. He pointed out our problem before we even started.
So with that we went worse than what he thought.
This year year he has pointed out several issues going against us. Lets hope all of them are wrong.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 9:20 am

Amazing how much importance we put on what others think.

alex

Post by alex » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 11:36 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
alex wrote:Scott who?

So many things wrong with this guy's arguments.

- We have the worst 25 in the comp? Has he not seen the Penrith squad?! We have the NZ Captain, the 2012 NSW Origin player of the series, arguably two of the brightest youngest backs in the game with Tedesco and Koro, arguably the best young forward in the game with Woods, and throw in some experience and class like Anasta and Lawrence and I truly believe we have one of the best balanced teams in the NRL.
- Doesn't recognise Potter's achievements as player or coach
- Moltzen will be our game breaker? Had form towards the end of 2012? PUH-LEASE
- Praises Miller's game then calls him average?
- Thinks Marshall would be a good fullback? He's obviously never paid attention to his defensive problems
- Doesn't know why we recruited Anasta but says we have inexperience in the halves. THAT'S WHY. We need his leadership and direction, he's a great recruit. Says the Roosters failed to turn him into a lock, but they made the GF with him in the backrow.
- Yes Ben Murdoch is on the way up, but IMO he is best used as an impact player off the bench. If he bothered to actually watch the way he plays he'd know this.
- Pettybourne came from the Roosters apparently
- No excitement in our squad apart from Benji and Farah, yet has a wet dream over Koro early in the piece.

He could not sound like any more of a bumbling fool if he tried
Yet you are obviously very offended and are putting so much stock into what this nobody is saying. Why do you care so much? please don't say you don't cos you wouldn't have dissected his analysis into a 10 point rebuttal otherwise

So a nobody from Rugby League Week tipped the Tigers for the spoon, do people really not have anything more worth while to worry about than this rubbish

I just have a problem with ignorant people prancing around like they're some sort of expert on the subject and expect people to just sit back and listen to every word they say as if it's gospel. Plus I try and defend the club I support whenever I can, whether it's some hack on YouTube or with mates at a pub. If they make fair points no worries, but talking out his crack is definitely annoying. The fact this thread is up to 5 pages shows I'm not alone on the subject

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 1:12 pm

innsaneink wrote:Amazing how much importance we put on what others think.

Tuiaki4life

Post by Tuiaki4life » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 1:15 pm

alex wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
alex wrote:Scott who?

So many things wrong with this guy's arguments.

- We have the worst 25 in the comp? Has he not seen the Penrith squad?! We have the NZ Captain, the 2012 NSW Origin player of the series, arguably two of the brightest youngest backs in the game with Tedesco and Koro, arguably the best young forward in the game with Woods, and throw in some experience and class like Anasta and Lawrence and I truly believe we have one of the best balanced teams in the NRL.
- Doesn't recognise Potter's achievements as player or coach
- Moltzen will be our game breaker? Had form towards the end of 2012? PUH-LEASE
- Praises Miller's game then calls him average?
- Thinks Marshall would be a good fullback? He's obviously never paid attention to his defensive problems
- Doesn't know why we recruited Anasta but says we have inexperience in the halves. THAT'S WHY. We need his leadership and direction, he's a great recruit. Says the Roosters failed to turn him into a lock, but they made the GF with him in the backrow.
- Yes Ben Murdoch is on the way up, but IMO he is best used as an impact player off the bench. If he bothered to actually watch the way he plays he'd know this.
- Pettybourne came from the Roosters apparently
- No excitement in our squad apart from Benji and Farah, yet has a wet dream over Koro early in the piece.

He could not sound like any more of a bumbling fool if he tried
Yet you are obviously very offended and are putting so much stock into what this nobody is saying. Why do you care so much? please don't say you don't cos you wouldn't have dissected his analysis into a 10 point rebuttal otherwise

So a nobody from Rugby League Week tipped the Tigers for the spoon, do people really not have anything more worth while to worry about than this rubbish

I just have a problem with ignorant people prancing around like they're some sort of expert on the subject and expect people to just sit back and listen to every word they say as if it's gospel. Plus I try and defend the club I support whenever I can, whether it's some hack on YouTube or with mates at a pub. If they make fair points no worries, but talking out his crack is definitely annoying. The fact this thread is up to 5 pages shows I'm not alone on the subject
Agreed Alex!

Post by Guest » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 1:36 pm

innsaneink wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Amazing how much importance we put on what others think.
Why have journalists then? Why have opinions if they're not there to be discussed? This guy obviously put his video on YouTube so people can listen to his predictions and compare them to their own.

Always looking on the bright side aren't ya Ink?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 1:44 pm

Why dont you log in instead of hiding, whoever you are?

Im all for discussing opinions....for crying out loud its all we do here every day....but for some to get so worked up over anothers opinion is ridiculous....

To me, whats truly important are those I love and their opinions on me and mine of them

THIS, all this is way down the list on my scale...each to their own

alex

Post by alex » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 1:49 pm

innsaneink wrote:Why dont you log in instead of hiding, whoever you are?

Im all for discussing opinions....for crying out loud its all we do here every day....but for some to get so worked up over anothers opinion is ridiculous....

To me, whats truly important are those I love and their opinions on me and mine of them

THIS, all this is way down the list on my scale...each to their own
Sorry that was me - was using RoarFeed and it logged me out.

I too enjoy discussing opinions, hence why I log on here every day. But what really aggravates me, like I said earlier, is when so-called experts prance around like know it alls. It's arrogant and ignorant, two traits I really don't like.

Each to their own I guess

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 1:55 pm

Geez....sport is full of ''so called experts'', pick up any local or national rag, go to any website, watch any tv program....theyre all giving tips and previews....I see it as no different to many on here....How many time do you see sentences beginning with:
Potter should.........
Marshall should...........
Moltzen would be better if..............

Dont let it aggravate you...only YOU can change that, its not worth it.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 2:38 pm

Couldn't care less what the pundits think before round 1 has even kicked off. Trying to predict the winner or the wooden spooner is like shooting fish in a barrel. But they are employed to have an opinion and share it with the public, whether the public agrees or not.

The opinions of this bloke and the likes of MG is not a determination of this season. All it does is reinforce how poor our 2012 season was.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 3:10 pm

People get protective of their teams to the point of madness. Its almost as if someone has insulted one their family members they take it so personally

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 6:53 pm

Guest wrote:
Year of the Tiger wrote:I have a bet that if we get the spoon I am doing a nudie run around Tenerife Brisbane. My mate has to do the same if Penrith get the spoon. After the bet I showed him the tab sports odds. His head went down. I think the ladies of Tenerife are safe!
I don't know about your mate.

Yep I think he is buffered :D
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Mon 18 Feb, 2013 6:54 pm

Buggered, iPad
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...