The new era

AmericanHistoryX

The new era

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 3:33 pm

Then i'm at a loss Alex. You see I'm a little stoopid. Why then are there thousands of people going to the match. And why will the board light up tonight & for the rest of the week if we lose? Anyone?

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 4:56 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:Then i'm at a loss Alex. You see I'm a little stoopid. Why then are there thousands of people going to the match. And why will the board light up tonight & for the rest of the week if we lose? Anyone?

I would of thought it is pretty obvious why people are going to watch tonights trial.... basically 5 months since last footy season ended and people are hanging out for a taste again.

As for people on this forum going berserk if we lose tonight, there are people on here who delusionally believe that if we lose to the Eels tonight then our season is over and we will get the wooden spoon, ridiculous overreaction from the doom and gloom merchants. Yet those same people would say we are certainties for the premiership if we happened to play the Storm in a trial and beat them.

It is ridiculous to believe that tonights result, win or lose, will define our season. The score doesn't matter one bit IMO. As long as we pick up no significant injuries. The score only matters when you are playing for the 2 points

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 5:17 pm

i must be different then. A win is a win for me.
See you at the footy boys.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 5:23 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:i must be different then. A win is a win for me.
See you at the footy boys.

Sure a win is a win, there is no harm in winning a trial but it isn't the end of the world if we don't. It is better to lose your 2 trial games than your first 2 games of the real season that is for sure. Up the Tiges anyhow :sign:

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 5:26 pm

the fans just want blood. the win makes me feel good.