Wests Tigers vs Eels Trial 2 Live Game Thread

innsaneink

Re: Wests Tigers vs Eels Trial 2 Live Game Thread

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 11:25 pm

Demonborger wrote:Gould was there? Didn't the Panthers have a trial against the warriors tonight also? or was that last night?

No, just two old blokes who were gibbering away constantly and inanely much like Gus & Rabs

No probs WT4L....yes I think next week will be a different picture

aajlewis

Post by aajlewis » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 11:27 pm

Moltzen had a few drop balls, miller directed well, Galloway has picked up speed, was stunned to see him run so quickly
Pettybourne is a very good gain
Taqule nayavaravo is a massive unit and was placed on the wing
Anasta played a similar role to gareth but less enforcer, and koro was koro, amazing
Definitely pumped for the season if we are consistent, gelled very well

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 11:29 pm

happy tiger wrote:Fullback challenge at this stage after first trial who has gone one up ??
We only have one fullback Happy and he played really well...attacks the ball took some hits and always always is there backing up the middle. Even took a couple of scoots from dummy half.
Moltzen looked more comfortable when he went to half...except for the dropped ball.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 11:36 pm

Irvine wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Fullback challenge at this stage after first trial who has gone one up ??
We only have one fullback Happy and he played really well...attacks the ball took some hits and always always is there backing up the middle. Even took a couple of scoots from dummy half.
Moltzen looked more comfortable when he went to half...except for the dropped ball.
Did they get half each Irvine??

And Teddy in your opinion got the foot up over Moltzen ??

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 11:41 pm

I think Teddy got about 1/4, Moltz 3/4 game time....or maybe Moltz swithched to 5/8 when benji went off, hard to keep up

Not much between them ...Teddy reads attacking kicks better tho
Moltz got crunched by Tonga I think...was like he ran into a wall

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 11:48 pm

happy tiger wrote: Did they get half each Irvine??

And Teddy in your opinion got the foot up over Moltzen ??
Tedesco played 40 minutes in NSW cup and looked more confident than last week and then backed up for the last 30 minutes in NRL.
It's obvious Potter has told Moltzen how he should play at fullback but after twenty minutes he went back to his natural way of playing...not saying his a bad player his just not a fullback on the other hand the things Tedesco does you can see are just his natural instincts.
I would say Tedesco may have surprised Potter tonight but I get the feeling Moltzen will be No.1 in round 1.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 16 Feb, 2013 11:51 pm

Thanks for both of your feedbacks Ink and Irvine

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 12:15 am

Potter is going to want to make a good start and if Tedesco outshines Moltzen next week I reckon he'll get the nod. Same thing happened last pre-season.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 12:29 am

MacDougall wrote:Potter is going to want to make a good start and if Tedesco outshines Moltzen next week I reckon he'll get the nod. Same thing happened last pre-season.
If Tedesco does outshine Moltzen we will find out how strong Mr Potter really is.
Just my opinion but I doubt Potter will take the risk of upsetting Benji so early in the year.
Bit different last year Moltzen was halfback.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 12:47 am

NYC
For mine Malcahy was the best, very good kicking game. @9 Cherrington was better than Leapai.
Good games by both FB, Hoater & Rowe. The best forwards Brown & Fiagatusa, also good effort by Santi.
Meale Li had a few strong runs. RItchie Ene was robust.

NSW cup
Very good game by Brooks, Luani, Spence and Harris. Passi looked strong, unfortunately had shoulder (?) injury. Innosessio and BMM were good. Brooks had very good kicking game, from the start it looked like he belongs there.
Tedesco was solid, he is probably our best support player. His positioning game was exceptional - 'Hodgo' like :)
Nafoaluma was vey good, as well was Asipeli Fine. If Lawrence plays another game like today, FIne shall replace him. Our defence was brutal on many occasions. Fotuaika had a number of good runs as well as Shaun Spence.
Naiyarovaro was quiet, did not look for the ball.

FG
Koroibete and Galloway were probably the best, Blair had very good game, probably one of his best for WT.
Marshall looked good, with good short and long kicks, he did not make any error.
His kangaroo steps from 10 to opposition 40 was 'vintage Banji', reminded me on his game against Souths a
few years ago. Moltzen was solid, only made one error. Utai was very solid, with few of his trade mark 'grass level' runs. Ayshord was solid, only one error in defence (covered by Miller).
Pettybourne and Buchanan had a few good runs, very solid, the same as Anasta.
Farah was quiet, unfortunately Lawrence was MIA, Reddy was better option at left center.

Go Tigers

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 12:47 am

You act like Benji is a petulant child that would have a big cry if Moltzen got dropped. Don't you think he would prefer to win matches? He would be gutted for his mate I'm sure but that's football. Benji is a 28 year old man in 9 days and would be getting desperate to make the Tigers the strongest team they can be. Tim Sheens was the one who persevered with Tim Moltzen.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 1:03 am

MacDougall wrote:You act like Benji is a petulant child that would have a big cry if Moltzen got dropped. Don't you think he would prefer to win matches? He would be gutted for his mate I'm sure but that's football. Benji is a 28 year old man in 9 days and would be getting desperate to make the Tigers the strongest team they can be. Tim Sheens was the one who persevered with Tim Moltzen.
And why did he do that ?

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 1:23 am

Because he overrated the hell out of him. You act as though Sheens did nothing bizarre at all, ever.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 1:33 am

MacDougall wrote:Because he overrated the hell out of him. You act as though Sheens did nothing bizarre at all, ever.
Look Mac it was only 6 months ago that Benji was crying over hearing Beau and Rhino were moving on

Sounds like he is a pretty emotional bloke Who knows how he will react if Moltzen is dropped ??

Agree Sheens had lost the players , but Benji is Benji

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 1:53 am

Happy you are wrong about Benji mate

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 1:54 am

Who cares. The suggestion that Moltzen is only in the side because of Marshall is utterly ludicrous. While we're at it I have a bridge for sale if you're interested. Alien's exist. 9/11 was a cover-up. The stuff that gets said around here. If Potter for even a second is entertaining keeping a player in the side solely to entertain another then fire him right now. No coach is that dumb. Not Sheens and not Potter.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 2:07 am

MacDougall wrote:Who cares. The suggestion that Moltzen is only in the side because of Marshall is utterly ludicrous. While we're at it I have a bridge for sale if you're interested. Alien's exist. 9/11 was a cover-up. The stuff that gets said around here. If Potter for even a second is entertaining keeping a player in the side solely to entertain another then fire him right now. No coach is that dumb. Not Sheens and not Potter.
Sorry Mac Already own a bridge , don't need another Helps me get over things

I wasn't talking about his control over Sheens or Potter I'm talking about his reaction

My hope for the good of the side the Teddy is named Round 1 Don't know what Potters plans are but from what we are hearing the injury isn't affecting James mentally and if thats the case he is already one step ahead Moltzen

Why am I wrong about Benji Stryker Lets see which Benji we see next week against the Roosters or which Benji we see Round 4 and 5 when we play Melbourne and Manly

If he fires up in these games as well , I'll happily eat my words I don't think a game where we lead 24-0 at half time is a real test for the side as a whole

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 17 Feb, 2013 3:03 am

Benji is a back and backs cry...they are emotional pettles

You are wrong Happy IMO because Sheens hamstrung Marshal and this year I have a feeling he will resort to his strengths and cut loose. Benji eats Barba for talent and this year he will prove that. He isnt an organising half, I think Potter realises this and will use him as a strike weapon.