GOD'S OF STATE CUP

Wests Tigers State Cup Discussion
pHyR3

Re: GOD'S OF STATE CUP

Post by pHyR3 » Thu 25 Apr, 2013 7:45 pm

happy tiger wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:
smeghead wrote:BM96/pHyR3 you are aware that the Admins can see your IP's right?
what's that supposed to mean? :?
That you are one and the same I'm guessing , would that be correct MODs /Admin ??
lol are you serious? also, i thought BM was accused of being the same account as some one else, kristian or something?

anyway, just let the mods confirm we are most definitely not the same person. not sure why you'd think that anyway since i disagree with BM all the time.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 25 Apr, 2013 7:59 pm

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Thu 25 Apr, 2013 8:56 pm

Watched a guy play for Mounties on the State Cup replay against north Sydney last night and he was exceptional. I think his surname was Spence and he was a prop coming off the bench. He was a beast! I believe he used to play for parra.

It was a high class game (the first half that I saw), Michael Bani looked a step above and I had forgotten that he even existed!

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Thu 25 Apr, 2013 9:02 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:Watched a guy play for Mounties on the State Cup replay against north Sydney last night and he was exceptional. I think his surname was Spence and he was a prop coming off the bench. He was a beast! I believe he used to play for parra.

It was a high class game (the first half that I saw), Michael Bani looked a step above and I had forgotten that he even existed!
yep he is pretty damn good, thats why he plays first grade albeit intermittently. Hes on the bench this week too i think
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Majere77

Post by Majere77 » Thu 25 Apr, 2013 9:10 pm

Demps wrote:Tim Simona & Geoff Daniella
Its funny because they are both pretty much the same player. what is it that you like about them?

Is it the fact that neither is particularly fast or strong? That both are far too lite for their positions in first?

That Both are fairly average defenders?

It must be that they at least have a go.

Didn't make the grade when given a chance, wouldn't make the grade if given another.

Alot more heart than ability in both cited players.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 25 Apr, 2013 9:34 pm

Joel Caine absolutely killed it in reggies back in the day

Tere glassie = pro reserve grader

Buddy Gordon lucky to be still there

Demps

Post by Demps » Fri 26 Apr, 2013 6:48 am

Majere77 wrote:
Demps wrote:Tim Simona & Geoff Daniella
Its funny because they are both pretty much the same player. what is it that you like about them?

Is it the fact that neither is particularly fast or strong? That both are far too lite for their positions in first?

That Both are fairly average defenders?

It must be that they at least have a go.

Didn't make the grade when given a chance, wouldn't make the grade if given another.

Alot more heart than ability in both cited players.

I think they're both somewhat fast, but lighter compared to some of the top centres no doubt.
I love players that really play with passion and have leave it all on the field.
Which I think both Geoff & Tim do, real team players... Unlike some.

+ With the rumoured dramas going on @ the doggies, their ranks are ripe for the picking.
There is no reason a team couldn't approach the unhappy players and sign 2 or 3 of them.
Realistic ideas unlike some of the ones thrown around by one moronic poster.

++ smeg/any moderator - please confirm/deny pHyRe/BenjiMoron96 are the same user??
had a strange feeling they are the same user for some time now.

#BACK ON TOPIC
Some time ago a lot of people were calling for Wests player @JOSH DAVIS to get a run...
Any one feel the same way still?
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

batboy

Post by batboy » Fri 26 Apr, 2013 7:36 am

There's about 6 of them who like to argue with each other I feel are the same kid
(Obviously hasn't discovered better ways to spend all that youthfull enthusiasm yet?)

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Fri 26 Apr, 2013 11:20 am

Mitch Brown. Getting more runs at the Dogs now though. Good for him. Fantastic bloke and a good player who was safe as a bank for us when he got a crack at firsts. His form at fullback in the finals was phenomenal.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 26 Apr, 2013 11:26 am

This thread title is quite possible the best example of an oxymoron I have witnessed.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 26 Apr, 2013 11:27 am

I always rated Nathan Waters as a solid NSW Cup player, but not an NRL player...

I noticed Cody Walker has now moved to the Vulcans... He was a gun last year in Q-Cup

Then theres Jake Mullaney. He is good, but just not at NRL.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

everett

Post by everett » Fri 26 Apr, 2013 12:16 pm

It appears some players listed in this discussions are a class above State Cup but not quite to the level of NRL.

I too like Danielle and Simona who both appear to have pace and a have good dig when given an opportunity in NRL however they are small for a modern day centre and do struggle with the defence required.

The step up in class from State Cup to NRL must not be underestimated.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Fri 26 Apr, 2013 12:50 pm

Wacko Jacko

Post by Wacko Jacko » Fri 26 Apr, 2013 1:18 pm

Come On we have best GOD of STATE CUP out of all Team

Yes

Sean Meaney

:roll

Milky

Post by Milky » Fri 26 Apr, 2013 1:26 pm

Wacko Jacko wrote:Come On we have best GOD of STATE CUP out of all Team

Yes

Sean Meaney

LMAO...LOL....no...Just no...

underdog

Post by underdog » Fri 26 Apr, 2013 1:31 pm

Wacko Jacko wrote:Come On we have best GOD of STATE CUP out of all Team

Yes

Sean Meaney

Yes, Meaney would have to be it, wouldn't he? That should be a deadset thread ender. He's so "good" he's considered a "senior member" of the Wests Tigers Squad amonst the likes of Farah, Anasta and Marshall.....

My local rag the Camden/Wollondilly Advertiser did a piece about a year ago on the Camden Rams Captain (I can't remember his name, sorry) who was being celebrated for playing his 200th game as Captain of the First Grade team.

I remarked that it was quite an achievement to one of my work colleagues at the time who said to me -

"Is it? To be told you are the effectively the BEST at your club for the past 10 years, and obviously never quite kick on to Reps, or even get a fair crack in the likes of State Cup?"

I't was quite a snide comment, but it did make me wonder what was going through that blokes mind regarding missed opportunites, etc, let alone what a player like Meaney, or Josh Davis, or Pat Politini must feel like hovering SO CLOSE, yet so far.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Fri 26 Apr, 2013 2:07 pm

Who was the other player that was going to be the next big thing who we lost to the Roosters? Was it Pritchard? He got a couple of games in grade and then I have never heard of him again.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 26 Apr, 2013 2:31 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:Who was the other player that was going to be the next big thing who we lost to the Roosters? Was it Pritchard? He got a couple of games in grade and then I have never heard of him again.
Blake Lazarus?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017