GOD'S OF STATE CUP

Wests Tigers State Cup Discussion
underdog

Re: GOD'S OF STATE CUP

Post by underdog » Tue 01 May, 2018 8:31 am

Interesting - Cody Walkers name came up in this thread back in 2013. He's really come on well.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 01 May, 2018 8:52 am

Demps wrote:
Tue 01 May, 2018 7:29 am
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 30 Apr, 2018 12:00 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 30 Apr, 2018 8:45 am
This year God...
Tyson Gamble
Gosh Demps had this thread in your back pocket? I couldn't understand the line of discussion here, Matt Hyland, Sean Meaney, then I realise it goes back to 2016 and 2013 originally.

Drinkwater is one of the ultimate state cup heroes. A really fine reserve-grade footballer, almost too silky for that level, but then no impact whatsoever when he gets promoted to firsts. Proof is he's played 5 FG NRL games in 6 years at two clubs.

I personally believe when it comes to reggies, sometimes it's harder to distinguish wingers and forwards then the rest of the backs. There are some wingers and forwards who are ok in reserves, when promoted to firsts, still look ok. There aren't many Taumololo's out there who destroy their way through seasoned defences at any level.

People say McQueen isn't setting the world on fire in reserves, and frankly I haven't seen many matches all the way through, but I bet if he does get picked in firsts this year he'll play alright.
Took Kevin ten years to make first grade and now he's a regular....
Maybe if Drinky stuck at it he coulda broke through too. Lol 🤷🏼‍♂️
Mahe Fonua was topping just about every attacking stat in ISP

God perhaps ??

Or has he seen the last of ISP now ??

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 01 May, 2018 10:48 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 01 May, 2018 8:52 am
Demps wrote:
Tue 01 May, 2018 7:29 am
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 30 Apr, 2018 12:00 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 30 Apr, 2018 8:45 am
This year God...
Tyson Gamble
Gosh Demps had this thread in your back pocket? I couldn't understand the line of discussion here, Matt Hyland, Sean Meaney, then I realise it goes back to 2016 and 2013 originally.

Drinkwater is one of the ultimate state cup heroes. A really fine reserve-grade footballer, almost too silky for that level, but then no impact whatsoever when he gets promoted to firsts. Proof is he's played 5 FG NRL games in 6 years at two clubs.

I personally believe when it comes to reggies, sometimes it's harder to distinguish wingers and forwards then the rest of the backs. There are some wingers and forwards who are ok in reserves, when promoted to firsts, still look ok. There aren't many Taumololo's out there who destroy their way through seasoned defences at any level.

People say McQueen isn't setting the world on fire in reserves, and frankly I haven't seen many matches all the way through, but I bet if he does get picked in firsts this year he'll play alright.
Took Kevin ten years to make first grade and now he's a regular....
Maybe if Drinky stuck at it he coulda broke through too. Lol 🤷🏼‍♂️
Mahe Fonua was topping just about every attacking stat in ISP

God perhaps ??

Or has he seen the last of ISP now ??
Our man Mahe is a first grader.
Was at Melbourne and surely has just become one at the tigers too.

Don't think he was bought to tear up the wing in IsC... Maybe that's nofos job from now on.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 02 May, 2018 7:32 am

Josh Drinkwater too it seems.
Carves up super league and ISC but isn't a first grader when he gets the chance.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.