NSW Cup versus Cronulla Sharks

Wests Tigers State Cup Discussion
Phantomlock

NSW Cup versus Cronulla Sharks

Post by Phantomlock » Wed 19 Feb, 2014 6:12 pm

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news-disp ... arks/90705

Wests Tigers NSW Cup coach Paul Fletcher has named a 21-man squad for this Saturday’s trial match against Cronulla at Remondis Stadium.

Kurtis Rowe will start at fullback and will be looking to back up his impressive performance in the inaugural NRL Auckland Nines tournament last weekend.

Prop Nathan Brown makes his return from a torn pectoral suffered during last year’s NYC finals series, forming a strong prop rotation with Ava Seumanufagai and Michael Bullock.

The clash against Cronulla will give coach Fletcher a gauge on where the side is as the season edges closer.

“This is our last hit-out before the season kicks off and we need to improve on certain areas,” Fletcher said. “We have had a good week at training and I’m looking forward to this weekend’s match.”

NSW Cup kick-off is at 5:15pm and the match will be played in two 30-minute halves.

NSW Cup team to play Cronulla:
1. Kurtis Rowe
2. Taqele Naiyaravoro
3. Corey Brown
4. Setefano Taukafa
5. Jy Hitchcox
6. Jarrod Farlow
7. Nathan Waters
8. Ava Seumanufagai
9. Joel Luani
10. Michael Bullock
11. Kyle Lovett
12. Asipeli Fine
13. Andy Fiagatusa

14. Inno Inosesio
15. Nathan Brown
16. Sam Hollis
17. Sonny Bristow
18. Luke Williams
19. Jack Madden
20. Sitaleki Akauola
21. Allan McGrath

Courtesy of Wests Tigers Official website

PL

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Wed 19 Feb, 2014 6:27 pm

Fiagatusa at lock??
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 19 Feb, 2014 7:44 pm

Hope Fletcher gives some serious game time to both Brown and Inosessio

Sounds like both are getting close to an NRL call up and they could become enforcers in the future

Something this club has seriously lacked since day 1

phil1986

Post by phil1986 » Wed 19 Feb, 2014 8:50 pm

happy tiger wrote:Hope Fletcher gives some serious game time to both Brown and Inosessio

Sounds like both are getting close to an NRL call up and they could become enforcers in the future

Both are on the bench in Reggie's but???

I think they both have potential, but mustn't be quite ready yet?

I hope they shine.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

willow

Post by willow » Wed 19 Feb, 2014 9:24 pm

Decent looking side although Cronulla will be a very good test since they were grand finalists last year. Farlow at 6 is unusual but hopefully the move works.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 19 Feb, 2014 9:30 pm

willow wrote:Decent looking side although Cronulla will be a very good test since they were grand finalists last year. Farlow at 6 is unusual but hopefully the move works.
That is what I thought as well (Farlow)
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Wed 19 Feb, 2014 10:16 pm

Are sharks reserve still with storm? I recall recall reading last year storm purchased wenty magpies (parra reserve)

Joshu@tigertown

Post by Joshu@tigertown » Thu 20 Feb, 2014 9:01 am

foreveratiger wrote:
willow wrote:Decent looking side although Cronulla will be a very good test since they were grand finalists last year. Farlow at 6 is unusual but hopefully the move works.
Farlow is covering 6 as Madden was having problems with his groin during pre season. Hasn't played a game yet but is training with the team.

Joshu@tigertown

Post by Joshu@tigertown » Thu 20 Feb, 2014 9:08 am

softlaw wrote:Fiagatusa at lock??
That's more a Potter selection, Andy is a good up and coming young prop/2nd row with plenty of heart but Inno's trial games @ lock against the Eels & Mounties have been outstanding. He is the agressor in the forward pack this year and is starting to make a name for himself in reserves with his bruising head rocking defence even against regular 1st graders in the nsw cup. Fletcher would love to start him at lock every game if he could!

Joshu@tigertown

Post by Joshu@tigertown » Thu 20 Feb, 2014 10:10 am

happy tiger wrote:Hope Fletcher gives some serious game time to both Brown and Inosessio

Couldn't have said it better myself! I can't believe how alot of our fringe and actual 1st graders who train day in and day out still rely on arm grabbing and wrestling techniques to try and stop opposition momentum and to slow down the ruck?!?! You run out with 2 SHOULDERS, why not use them when tackling these days!! lol

Joshu@tigertown

Post by Joshu@tigertown » Thu 20 Feb, 2014 10:31 am

Really excited about Rowe being in the back for us this year, a year in reserves is equivalent to 2-3 years in NYC. Another attacking weapon in the backs.

UP THE TIGERS

tigeru

Post by tigeru » Fri 21 Feb, 2014 12:59 am

Joshu@tigertown wrote:
softlaw wrote:Fiagatusa at lock??
That's more a Potter selection, Andy is a good up and coming young prop/2nd row with plenty of heart but Inno's trial games @ lock against the Eels & Mounties have been outstanding. He is the agressor in the forward pack this year and is starting to make a name for himself in reserves with his bruising head rocking defence even against regular 1st graders in the nsw cup. Fletcher would love to start him at lock every game if he could!
Good to hear fletch rates Inosesio, do you know if he is rated by any NRL coaching staff? really wanna see him get a crack in 1st grade in the near future

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Fri 21 Feb, 2014 10:32 am

What's happened to Mulcahy?

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Fri 21 Feb, 2014 10:57 am

I reckon that side can go close,if not win the comp.

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Fri 21 Feb, 2014 11:47 am

Sabre wrote:What's happened to Mulcahy?
I think I read on here that he is with Wnetworthville. Can anyone confirm?

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Fri 21 Feb, 2014 12:01 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:
Sabre wrote:What's happened to Mulcahy?
I think I read on here that he is with Wnetworthville. Can anyone confirm?
Yeh he is according to a Wenty Forum.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Fri 21 Feb, 2014 12:43 pm

I heard he went to Wentworthville as well.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Fri 21 Feb, 2014 3:18 pm

Joshu@tigertown wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
Farlow is covering 6 as Madden was having problems with his groin during pre season. Hasn't played a game yet but is training with the team.
Farlows a quality player who is a stop gap 6. Hopefully he won't be there for the whole season. The likes of moltzen, Moses and either Austin/Anasta would be more likely.